The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo

+6
GirlBird18
PugsRock
DreamCatcher81
Arianna
shadowsowner888
Komoda
10 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 Empty Re: No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo

Post by shadowsowner888 8/11/2009, 11:55 am

What if it's the aliens? Very Happy

Or, or, or. Jesus coulda come. nod It could be like Left Behind!

Actually, that'd probably be too much like Left Behind. xD

Ooo. Very Happy What if there was this plague that went around, teleporting everyone into this other dimension? Or it turned them all into animals?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 1312No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 2412No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3349No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3548No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 Empty Re: No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo

Post by Komoda 8/11/2009, 12:01 pm

Hahaha, those are all wonderful ideas. XP

Kinda bizzare, but wonderful! Very Happy

nod
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/11/2009, 12:01 pm

x3 I agree.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 1312No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 2412No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3349No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3548No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/13/2009, 3:43 pm

Yeah. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamCatcher81 8/13/2009, 11:28 pm

Haha. Love the new part and awesome plots Shadz!
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 Siggy
No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 8/14/2009, 6:24 am

Wow, the new part is awesome! I'm really wondering what will happen next, and where all of the people are...
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

No Answer - A Finished Short Story by Mo - Page 2 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 11:34 am

Thanks, guys! I might post more today because my internet seems to be better. I guess I shouldn't push my luck, though. Razz
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by *Strongly*[Emo]tional 8/14/2009, 11:43 am

oh my gosh i love the new part
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
*Strongly*[Emo]tional
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 16220

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 11:56 am

Thank you! Smile
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:13 pm

Part 4

The teenager had been biking for a while and by now, her newly refilled bottle of water already empty and only crumbs left of her snack. Though she was full and no longer thirsty, her legs were still cramped and she needed to stop for a moment. She had no idea what time it was, but the city was in view. She figured it would only take another 20 minutes before she got there.
Checking her watch, she saw that it was 2:00.

I was biking for two hours straight? she thought, impressed with herself. Well, that's a record!

It explained how tired her legs were, that's for sure. She was thankful that she didn't have much longer to go before reaching the city, though. She desperately hoped it wasn't as eerily quiet as it was in the country. Kayda couldn't even hear the birds chirping anymore. It was probably the first time she actually missed the racket of the noisy pests that woke her up every morning before her alarm; Magpies were the worst for that.

Once her aching limbs felt a bit better, she mounted on her bike and started aiming towards the factory buildings looming ahead. In the back of her mind, she kind of wanted her Ipod, but she didn't want to kill her momentum by getting off her bike again. Kayda figured she should be enjoying herself, anyway; even without music. This was an adventure, here! One right out of the story books. Okay, maybe it wasn't that exciting... But much better than any other Monday morning she's ever experienced.

She picked up the speed, ditching the leisurely pace she was taking before. Though she was tired out quite quickly, it payed off in the end because she finally reached the city much faster than she would have at her previous speed. It was such a relief to see the flashing lights, the towering fences against the lit houses, the smoke billowing from huge buildings and the bustle of the traffic. It was ironic how everything she thought she hated seemed to relief her stress.

Except no one was there to work the lights, the houses weren't lit, there was nothing being burned to produce the smoke and like on the highway, all the traffic seemed to be frozen. For a second, Kayda thought time itself might have stopped but when she checked her watch, the time most certainly was still changing... It was just that there was no one around but herself to witness it.

Kayda pushed away her negative panicky thoughts, focusing on the bright side. With the absence of the smoke and car exhaust, the air was fresh and clean like in the country. Everything was peaceful as well, but she still had the comfort of surrounding shopping malls to keep her company. Malls that she had all to herself. Right now, she had the best of both worlds but she could hardly enjoy it because she was alone.

Oh, whatever. Why don't I have some fun with this? she thought with a shrug, locking up her fearful thoughts. Worse comes to worst, I befriend a mannequin.

She kicked her bike aside, abandoning it by the city street, preferring to travel by foot from now on. A little tired and disheveled, Kayda limped towards the mall ahead. "Hello?" she called once she reached the outside of the bland brick structure, just for the heck of it. She could already predict what was going to happen next as she pushed her way through the not-so-automatic-anymore mall doors.

No answer, she guessed, rolling her eyes.
Except that wasn't at all what happened.

"Hello! Hello!" came a frantic male voice from the other side of the mall. "Is someone really there?"

Kayda couldn't believe it. Her heart lurched in surprise.
What if he's a murderer? Or a mugger? Or a gangster? Or one of those guys who worship aliens? Or all of the above... she thought, enveloped with dread. But no matter what kind of criminal this guy was, he was all she had.

"Yes, I'm really here!" she screamed back, making her way towards the voice.

Though she didn't hear him answer, she could hear the thumping of the man's shoes as he raced towards her too. She turned around the corner of the food court, stopping dead in her tracks with a gasp. She just narrowly avoided colliding with him. Panting, she didn't even look up at the guy. Whether it was out of fear or because she wanted to create suspense for herself, she didn't know.

"I'm so glad to see another person... I mean, I just woke up, and no one else was around. I thought everyone had died or something," she admitted to him, staring at the tiled floor.

"Same with me," he murmured. "I have no idea what's going on."

There was something Kayda recognized. His voice sounded so familiar, she just couldn't put her finger on who it belonged to.

"Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" the guy suddenly asked. "Your hair looks so familiar... But I can't exactly see your face with you sulking like that."

Kayda smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I wasn't sulking. I'm just a little brain dead," she apologized, lifting her head to face him. Once she saw him, she grew lightheaded, grabbing onto the wall to steady herself. Her heart beat exhilarated to at least 10 times faster. She couldn't believe it...

"Hey, you okay? You're Kayda, right? Kayda Fairings? We have Chemistry together," he grabbed her arm to gently steady her. "You do know who I am, don't you?" The stream of question meant nothing to her, though. She was too focused on the melody of his voice...

Kayda just looked at him, thinking how much of an idiot she must have seemed to be right now. All she could do was stare. His perfectly straight hair, sweeping to the side and just narrowly avoiding his eyes. His hair the most striking shade of black, streaked with a green that went so well with the colour of her own hair. His enchanting smile, the way his lips curved perfectly... The way his silver lip ring sparkled when it hit the light... And most stunning of all, his bright blue eyes.

Snapping out of her daze, she replied shakily, "Yeah... You're Josh Rhyneheart, right?"
She knew his last name all too well, what with it being tacked on the end of her name in all of her journals and all.

"Yeah, that's me," he said with a nod. "How long have you been looking for someone?"

"Well, since my alarm woke me this morning. I live out of town, so I had to bike all the way here," she sighed tiredly.

His eyes went wide. "Whoa, that's rough. I've only been looking for three hours. My parents normally just wake me up, but they weren't even around. Sucks that you had to come all this way, though."

Kayda nodded, not knowing what else to say. She had the guy of her dreams in front of her, the same guy she had a crush on for roughly two years now. It was all so bizzare, and it made her think of when she first saw him.

It was the middle of grade nine, and her friend, Alice, watched the new kid pass beside them in the halls. Her green eyes were wide with adoration as she heaved a love-struck sigh.

"Isn't that Josh guy so dreamy?" she asked Kayda, watching Josh from a distance with swooning eyes.

"Not really."

"What?? You mean, if he asked you out, you'd say no? I mean, he's SO obviously your type," Alice insisted in shock, throwing back her ringlets of hazel hair with a flick of her hand.

"Psht, maybe if he was the last man on earth!" Kayda grumbled, fiddling with a charm on her backpack. It was in the shape of a silver star, and her grandma gave it to her when she was four. Kayda still couldn't remember why she received it or what it was for, but she loved it because her grandma died shortly after that and it was her only memory of her.

"You sure you're okay? I think you need some water. You look kind of dehydrated," Josh insisted, examining her. His voice snapped her out of the daydream.

"Oh, I don't think it's that," Kayda insisted, looking at the floor again shyly. "I had a bottle on the way here."

"Only a bottle?" Josh asked, raising his eyebrows. "You must have been biking for hours. You need way more than that!"

Kayda sighed. "If you insist," she murmured with a shrug. "Where will we get water, though?"

Josh swept a hand out in front of him, gesturing to the stores facing them. "We could grab a bottle from anywhere. This whole place is ours!"

Kayda grinned impishly, liking the idea of this. Not only could they grab whatever water they want, but they also had all the clothes, all the electronics and all the food in the world to themselves.

This was going to be fun.

Last edited by Komoda2000 on 10/21/2009, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:17 pm

That is beautious. xD And now I'm thoroughly jealous of Kayda. She's so lucky.

I was gonna say she should stayed home and joined Twig. Very Happy That's what I'd probably be doing. And I'm so weird that I'm probably just sitting on the computer in this story, with no clue anything weird ever happened.

xD But now I'm like, I'm glad she didn't. Cus she gets to hang with Josh!
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:20 pm

I know! XP I'm so jealous of her, too. This is based off of something I'd want happening to me, so yeah. XP

Hahaha, that would be so funny. Such an action packed story, too.
I could see it now.
Kayda held her breath as she scrolled to her story, wondering if there was any replies.
Bam! There was one.
It read: "Kayda, learn how to write. Sincerely, Mo."
Kayda burst into tears banging on the computer with frustration. She was going to kill that son of a biscuit eater!

Meanwhile...
Shadow spun in her chair, clapping happily. Another member joined Twg!

Yeah! Yay Josh! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:26 pm

Me too! Very Happy

Oooh, can I add to that? Twisted Evil

Suddenly, a horrified look spread across Shadow's face as she read a comment on the new member's story. Komoda!! How dare she! And I thought she was NICE! Scowling angrily, Shadow deleted Komoda's reply. Then, in red, she posted, "Komoda, you're a son of a biscuit eater! I don't ever want you insulting our new members!"

Suddenly, she gasped as she clicked send.
WHAT HAVE I DONE?! Shadow died. But before she did, she had time to write a last will and testament, in which she left the site to Nick Jonas. nod
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:29 pm

Komoda sighed guiltily. "Aw, man. Shadow's mad at me again."
"No!! She's dead too!" Komoda cried, slamming her head into the keyboard in depression. She then cheered up when she discovered Nick was now running the site. Hooray!
She sent him a PM asking him for his autograph.

Yay for slamming my head against a keyboard! Very Happy
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:31 pm

Nick, who was formerly sitting at the computer, leapt to his feet in rage. Komoda killed the love of his life, and she had the nerve to ask for his autograph!! He angrily went out into his Mustang, and drove it to Canada, where Komoda lived. It was a bit difficult, as a bunch of empty cars were in the middle of the road, but he finally made it. Banging on the door, he cried, "Get out here, you!"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:36 pm

Komoda squealed happily. A Jonas Brother was at her door! She whipped it open quickly and flung on him, hugging him tight. "Omg! You came all this way just to see me!"
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:39 pm

He angrily pushed her off. "Don't give me that! I am furious, you son of a biscuit eater! You killed Shadow!"
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:42 pm

"Yay! Now everyone's quoting Swifty!" Komoda cheered before getting back on topic.
"I didn't kill Shadow! What are you talking about?"
Of course Komoda wasn't really scared. Nick was about as threatening as a rabid kitten.
But then again, kittens can be pretty deadly.
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:44 pm

"Yeah, what are you talking about?" asked Shadow, walking up. She'd been hiding in the trunk of Nick's car.
Nick was
speechless. "But . . . you died!" he said, astonished, looking at Komoda. "She made you!!"
"Oh. I do that a lot." Shadow grinned.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:47 pm

"Yay! Shadow's not dead!" Komoda cheered, tackle-hugging them both. Bruce also joined in the reunion.

((We should so make a thread with this somewhere. XP.))
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 1:49 pm

((How about we just bring it to the RP? x3 Lol. I'm already using Shad there, but I can clone her.))
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 1:53 pm

((That works! XP))
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlBird18 8/14/2009, 5:03 pm

OH my godess!! The story is awsome! Very Happy

And you guys and that ! ^^ You should definatley rp it or whatever xD .
GirlBird18
GirlBird18
Microfiction Scribbler
Microfiction Scribbler

Female Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Komoda 8/14/2009, 5:07 pm

Thank you, GirlBird! Smile

Haha, yeah. XP
Komoda
Komoda
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/14/2009, 5:16 pm

Lol, Mo, guess what? xD I told my friend all about that RP stuff. She's like, "How do I live with you?!" o.0
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next