The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape

3 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Empty Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 10:58 pm

Maturity: High-detail violence, obviously [it wouldn't be MR without it. xD], and high-detail kissing. Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Icon_biggrin No pregnacies, though. Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Icon_wink
Fantasy: Well, technically, it could happen.... xD, mutant people.

Amanda, Alice, Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel live at School. No, not a school where you learn... The School. A labratory. A labratory...
for mutants.
They have grown up in a cage, at a place called The School. The people there [whitecoats] constantly do tests on them. Why?
They have wings.

Not fake wings for your Halloween costume, but real wings, like a bird. Because they are part bird. 2%, to be exact. But that 2% is very, very, life-altering.

Rules
For now, we are at the School. No randomly showing up somewhere else. xD
No forms.
Have fun!

Characters
Amanda [Amanda]
Alice [Alice]
Max [Amanda]
Fang [Alice]
Iggy [Amanda]
Nudge [Alice]
Gazzy [Alice]
Angel [Amanda]
Jeb [Amanda]

Tell me if I should add anything, Alice. Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 1/18/2010, 7:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Siggy
Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape SiggyPartially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Siggy
Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape SiggyPartially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Empty Re: Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape

Times to Remember

The Time That Fang Got The Stomach Flu, and Amanda Fell Asleep On His Lap and He Coughed On Her, So She Got It Too

I wandered around the house, walking into Fang's room. "Hello."
"Ughnugheh...." Came from the lump on the bed, which anyone could guess was Fang.
I walked slowly over to the bed, and pulled the covers down, gasping as I was his face. "Oh, gosh. You look horrible."
Indeed, Fang did look horrible. His face was paler than usual, his cheeks where flushed, and... well, you really didn't wanna now what happened last night.
I lied my hand on his forehead, which was sticky with sweat and warm with fever. "I'll get Jeb." I promised, walking quickly out of the room. "Jeb!" He hurried downstairs, and looked at my expression. "It's Fang. He looks..well... bad."
Fang slumped back onto the bed when Amanda left. His stomach was tied in knots. "Ughhh..." He groaned and pulled the covers over his head.
I walked back in, instantly pulling the covers back and lying my hand on his sweaty forehead. Jeb looked at Fang with concern, sticking a thermometer into his mouth. All of us ran higher than normal... but the thermometer said 110.7. That was high, even for us. "Fang?" I asked quietly. "How do you feel?"
"Ughennorf." Fang replied, feeling way to queasy to reply straight.
"Shhh." I murmured, stroking his bangs out of his eyes. My hand was sticky with sweat, but I didn't really care. "I'm going to go tell the others not to come in."
"Fang, calm down." I said softly, helping him sit up. "It's going to be alright."
"Guys, listen up. Fang is pretty much about to hurl, so stay out of his bedroom." I announced. "Jeb and I are the only people allowed in there, unless any of you want the stomach flu. Have a good day." Just in case, I grabbed an empty plastic trash can from the side of the couch.
"Okay!" Gassy, and Nudge called from their rooms.
Alice got out of her bed and knocked on the door. "Guys, it's me. Am I allowed in? I'm pretty immune to sickness... And he's my brother..." She said.
Fang didn't mind getting the attention, or being doctored. But man did he feel bad...
"You can... but I suggest not." I said, sitting next to Fang and gently holding the trash can in front of his mouth. "It's going to be fine, Fang." Jeb said quietly. "It's just the flu."
I pushed his bangs out of his eyes again, since they had fallen. I knew Fang must hate this; he hated feeling weak at any time, and the stomach flu totally stunk. He looked horrible as well- his skin was paler, with a green tinge, he was sweating like crazy, and he just didn't look himself.
Alice cracked open the door and slid inside, then shut the door behind her. She looked over at Fang. "He really doesn't look good..."
"Ughnrebm." Fang replied, then pushed the trashcan away, for now.
"Translation: No it's not, this totally stinks. Bleck."
"Thanks Alice." I muttered, sighing quietly. Fang almost never got sick, so this must be pretty bad. I bit my lip nervously, hoping he'd get better. None of us were good when we were sick; we were the crankiest, worst people to be around.
"I'm going to get some ice for your fever." Jeb murmured quietly, walking out. I looked at Alice nervously.

"Your welcome." Alice muttered back, then looked at Jeb. She smiled lightly and mouthed: 'Don't worry, he'll be in perfect heath in no time.'
'I know, but he still worries me.' I mouthed back, sneezing. 'He's my best friend... and I worry to much, don't I?' I asked nervously.
Alice nodded in response, then looked at Fang again. Her eyes widened. "Oh Gosh, Give him the trash bin!!"
I grabbed the trash can quickly, holding it in front of Fang. I pulled his still-overlong hair back, my cool hand resting on the back of his neck. I gasped as my fingers barely brushed it, and suddenly I felt sick as well- not because I was sick, but because of how sick Fang was. He was burning with fever, and I fought the tears. He didn't deserve this. "I'm sorry." I whispered, letting go of the trash can and lying my other hand on his neck. "You're burning up, Fang."
After Fang threw up- he rested back on the pillow. "This stinks." He stated.
He looked over at Amanda, mouthing "It's OK."

"It's not your fault." I muttered, letting go of his hair, but leaving my hand on his to-warm neck. Jeb came back, ice and a glass of water in his hands, complete with straw. I held the glass to Fang's mouth, silent tears forming in my eyes. I held the ice pack to the back of his neck, where it was warmest.
"Ah..." Fang said when the ice pack hit his neck, and he sipped from the straw. Hopefully-- he'd get better soon.
I looked at Alice, an 'I'm still super worried about him' expression covering my face. My own immune system was going to start acting up soon, I was sure, and then I'd either fall asleep or get sicker, which would be bad.
Alice gave a look back, saying: "Don't worry, he'll be fine." She gave a small smile.
Fang continued to sip his water.
And that's when it kicked in. My eyes began to droop, and I mentally slapped meself, but it wasn't like I could control it. Slowly, I fell asleep... and my head fell to Fang's shoulder.
Alice's face expression lightened slightly, and she looked at Jeb. "Should we leave them alone, or should I pull her off?"
"She should be fine, most likely." Because, most likely, Fang wasn't going to puke on her.
Amanda shifted slightly, and her head landed in his lap. Somehow, she didn't wake up.
"Well then," Alice said, clasping her hands together. "I'm gonna grab a coke and some left over cake, You want some?" She said, walking toward the door.
All of a sudden, Fang's throat tickled, and he couldn't help but cough. On Amanda. Oh... Snap. He thought.
My eyes snapped open, and looked up at Fang trustingly. "Are you okay?" I asked, nearly silent as I sat up. "You look awful, still. And you have a fever." I let my head rest on his shoulder again, still kind of tired.
Fang looked at her, smirking lightly. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said- his voice cracking slightly. He was rather upset with himself for coughing on Amanda.
"You don't look fine." I muttered, lying a hand on his forehead. "But it's going down. Now I won't have to worry so much."
"I'm feeling a little better..." Fang said, looking at her with dark eyes. "But your looking alittle pale." I caused this... He thought, making his mouth a thin line.
"Good." I muttered, giggling a bit. "I feel... okay, I guess. I can never say I feel perfect, what with the whitecoats playing with my immune system."
"But you still look pale." He said, looking at her with now caring eyes. "Maybe you got sick too..." He muttered quietly.
I coughed harshly, my throat starting to hurt. "I'm... just... tired..." I muttered, my eyes closing of their own accord. And my head fell into his lap again.
Fang watched her fall to his lap, and his throat tickled again, and he coughed again. He muttered a COLORFUL word under his breath.
Images swam in my brain... Fang, throwing up, his face twisted in pain... Fang's eyes looking at me with concern... Fang now, swearing under his breath. My eyes opened again, and I sniffled. "Maybe I did get sick..." I muttered as I started to shiver violently.
Fang sighed quietly, knowing this was now totally his fault. He reached under his bed, bringing out an extra blanket and wrapping it around her shoulders.
My head rested against his shoulder yet again, sniffling still. "You still need to rest." I tried to demand, but it didn't come out the way I'd hoped. Jeb was gone, getting more water for Fang, and I was still cold. "Don't blame youreslf." I said immediatly, looking into his obsidian eyes. "I'm the one who tried to take care of you."
The sides of Fang's mouth up-turned slightly. "Yeah..." He mumbled, still keeping eye-contact with her.
Jeb came back, a glass of water in his hands. "Drink," I demanded, my voice getting stronger. I pulled him upright and sat behind him, putting my hands on his shoulders and massaging them, calming his tensed body. "Relax."
Fang's shoulders dropped when her hands met his shoulders, and his pale face hinted the blush that was starting to form. Being sick meant his emotions where haywire. He grabbed the glass and started sipping it quietly.
"Calm..." I reminded him, my hands traveling to his neck and rubbing soft circles. "You need to relax. You're sick. Shhh." I put two hands on top of each other on his right shoulder, and put my chin on top of that.
"I know, I know." Fang muttered, taking another sip of water.
I smiled lightly, glad that he was finally better. Well, almost. Close enough for me. My eyes sparkled in the dim light of his room, and I rubbed his shoulders again.
Fang sipped down all the water, setting the glass down on the bedside table. His eyelids started getting heavy... but the blush that hinted in his cheeks was starting to get brighter everytime Amanda rubbed his shoulders.
"Do you want more?" I asked quietly, running my fingers down his spine, where his black wings intercepted the skin. As my hand went back up, brushing the back of his neck, I smiled. "Your fever's gone down."
Fang felt a shiver go through his body. His face by now, was bright pink. "H-H-Has it?"
"You're cold." I slid off the bed, landing nimbly on my feet. I took his shoulders in my hands and forced him, lightly, back on to the pillow, pulling the covers up. "Stay. I'm getting you more water." I smiled, grabbing the cup and turning quickly.
Fang nodded, then tried to calm down...
I put more ice into the cup, and filled it with water. I felt a little shaky on my feet, but I was alwayz a klutz anyway. I walked back into the room, a small smile on my face. "You're almost better," I informed him. "I can see it in your face."
Fang's facial features dropped. "Y-You can?"
"I can tell everything in your face, Fang." I giggled, handing him the cup and straw. "I've known you for my entire life... almost. Minus four months." I smiled. "You're feeling better; I can just tell."
Fang's face flushed pink again. "Y-Yeah." He sipped the water, trying to distract his thoughts.
Jeb walked back in, his eyes twinkling. "Open your mouth, Fang." He held a thermometer in his hand, and I stifiled a laugh.
Fang looked over at Jeb, then the thermometer. He sighed, then opened his mouth slightly.
Jeb slid the thermometer in, and smiled. "You're better." He pulled a sanitary wipe out of a pocket and rubbed the thermometer. "Amanda, I need to check you, since you've been around him."
Fang's eyes widened, and his eye twitched slightly. Uh-Oh...
I sat on the corner of his bed, taking the thermometer and sliding it under my tounge. Fourty-five seconds later, it beeped. "110.3." Jeb said, taking the thermometer out of my mouth. "Sweetie, you're sick."
Fang kind-of looked to the side, feeling guilt take over him.
"Don't blame yourself." I repeated, looking at Fang and resting my head on his shoulder. "You didn't do anything."
"Yes I did..." Fang muttered, still looking away.
"I just told you not to blame yourself." I muttered, my mouth turning up into a smile. "Do you ever listen?"
I grabbed his cup from the bedside table and started walking towards the door to get him more water. When I was halfway to the door, it hit me.
An undescribable, horrible pain hit my stomach, and it was all I could do not to scream. I did, however, drop the cup unexpectedly and double over, my hands around my stomach. I was breathing heavily, unable to fight this kind of pain. And it wasn't stopping. The raging, burning pain continued, eating away at my insides.
I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks, feel myself biting the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't scream and scare the others. But I had probably already scared Fang.

Fang's eyes widened. "Amanda?" He said, gradually climbing out of his bed and walking over to her. True-- It'd been his deep secret that he liked Amanda-- and seeing her like this. He felt more guilt pile onto him. "Are you okay?"
I couldn't answer; the pain in my stomach was eating me from the inside out. Gradually, slowly, I came back to reality. I took a deep breath, and then another, trying to make sure that never happened again. "I guess I should have believed you when you said I was sick."
"Y-Yeah..." Fang said, worry masking his face. He looked at Amanda for a few moments, then gestured toward his bed. "Do you need to sit down or something?"
"I don't know." I said truthfully, letting my arms relax. There was still a small linger of the burning pain, threatening to repeat. I bit my lip. "Are you feeling okay?"
Fang sighed quietly, hanging his head and shaking it slightly. "I'm fine, but your obviously not." He said, looking at her.
"I could have figured that out." I whispered, since it was pretty much all I could manage. The pain was returning for a second run, and I wasn't sure how much more I could take. Firey pain...
" 'Course you could of." Fang watched her again. "You need to lie down." He stated.
The only problem was... if I stood up, the pain was coming back. I doubted Fang wanted to carry me to my room, and besides, I wasn't going to expose the others to this terrifing pain. I looked up at him, my blue eyes filled with trust... but also fear. Fear that the others would experience this. Fear that they, too, would get sick. Fear that the pain would keep coming back, even if I didn't stand.
Fang stared at her for a few moments, then sighed. He leaned down and put an arm under Amanda's legs and the other around her mid arms. He then picked her up with the strength he'd re-gained. He shut the door with his foot, then walked over to his bed.
I smiled lightly. "Thank you." I whispered, my voice still weak. Fang usually wasn't one to be an overly-emotional, sappy type-person, but he still had feelings and emotions. Though none of the flock usually saw them, I knew he did. He proved it through things like this.
Fang set her down on his bed. "Your welcome." He said back, cracking a small smile. "Go ahead and rest." He said, pulling the blankets up to her chin, then taking a seat on the chair Jeb was sitting in awhile ago.
I sighed to myself as Jeb walked in. "Amanda?" He whispered, walking around Fang and lying his hand on my forehead. "Oh, no. Sweetheart..." He looked at me sadly. "How are you feeling?" I raised my eyebrows. "Right. I'll get you some water." His cool touch lingered on my forehead before he left.
Fang watched Jeb come in and leave, feeling more and more guilt pile onto him.
"Fang?" I asked quietly. "Are you alright? Please, stop blaming yourself." I blinked twice. "It's hurting me."
Fang looked at her and sighed quietly, nodding slightly.
Jeb walked back in, cold water in his hand. "Shhh." He murmured, lying a hand on my forehead. "Fang?" He turned towards him. "May I talk to you for a second?"
Fang swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat, and nodded, standing up slowly.
I closed the door so Amanda couldn't overhear. "Fang, look," I began quietly. "I know what happened. I know why she's sick. And I now why you're taking it harder than you should."
Fang felt like melting into a puddle. He opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't find a word. He was pretty sure Alice (who was munching on left-over cake!) could hear what was going on and laughing at him. Twin telepathy. "I- I" He started, but shut up.
"Calm down, Fang. It's not like I'm going to tell her." I whispered. "And I know it was an accident." I smiled. "The thing is, you're the only one who's been exposed to whatever she has, and I know you want to make sure she's okay." My voice lowered. "Her fever is raging out of control, and you need to keep her cold. Amanda might complain, might not- but try not to listen. No blankets, nothing. Keep an ice pack on her forehead and make sure she keeps drinking. That's the key, Fang. Can you handle it?"
Fang nodded slowly through the whole talk.
"Okay." I smiled and opened the door. "The fever is only the first part. Once that's down enough, we'll work on the... other part."
I shivered under the covers, watching Fang and Jeb.
Fang nodded, "Right..." He said, walking in.
"H-hey." I shivered quietly, then sneezed. I felt horrible. My stomach still had the same pain as before, though not as much, my nose was stuffed up, I was freezing, and... well, yeah, I was not having a good time.
"Hey..." Fang said in a whisper, with a sympathetic look. "How are you feeling?"
"Horrible, terrible, or awful. Take your pick." I whispered, my voice cracking.
"I don't wanna pick," Fang said, looking at her with onyx/caring eyes.
"Or all of the above." I sighed, coughing harshly. "I still have a fever, don't I?" Jeb walked in then, lying his hand on my forehead.
I nodded once to Fang, signaling that it was high enough. I handed him the ice pack, and hoped he could handle this.
Fang nodded at Jeb, and pulled up a chair next to Amanda. He set the ice pack, lightly, on Amanda's forehead.
"W-w-what are you d-doing?" I shivered as the ice hit my forehead. I was freezing already.
"Hold this up for a second." Fang ordered softly, Starting to reach for the blanket.
"O-okay." I lied my hand on the ice pack, very confused. But I trusted Fang, and knew he wasn't going to hurt me.
Fang sighed quietly, then started peeling the blankets back, all the way to her feet, which he carefully pulled out and on top of the blanket. "Jeb, Where's the water?" He asked as he pulled her other foot out of the blanket.
"Here." I put the glass of water in his hand. "I'm sorry Amanda." I whispered. "Just trust him."
Fang grabbed the glass, and sat back down on the chair. He set his hand back down on the icepack, and then stuck the bendy straw out to Amanda. "Go ahead and drink," He paused. "Please."
"B-b-because you said p-p-please." I whispered, taking a long sip. The cool water did soothe my throat, and my voice was probably not as crackly.
Fang smiled lightly, keeping hold of the cup for her.
I sighed, rubbing my arms and reaching for the blankets at my feet. Why Fang had uncovered me, I had no idea, but I was frozen solid.
As I tried to sit up, the same pain from before hit me right in the stomach, and my arms immediatly wrapped around my torso. My breath came in ragged gasps, and tears were rolling again. I coughed harshly, the pain in my stomach almost to much to bear. I lied back down, but the pain didn't stop. It kept raging, murdering me from the inside out. And it wasn't stopping.

Finally, after who-knows-how-long, it died down, and I looked up at Fang, my blue eyes filled with tears. "Why is this happening?"
Fang looked at her, a lump forming in his throat. "I- I- I don't know...."
"I feel like death." I admitted, keeping my eyes on his. "This pain is going to kill me. Every time it hits, I'm just one step closer."
"Your not going to die anytime soon, Amanda." Fang said. "Trust me."
I coughed harshly. "How would you know?" I asked very quietly, turning on my side so I could talk to him easier. "How do you know that I'm not about to die right now?"
"I-- Just... know, Amanda." Fang said quietly.
"I believe you." I coughed harshly. My arms tightened around my torso as the pain started to return. "Fang." I whispered. "Take the pain away. Please. Take the pain away."
Fang watched her, gritting his teeth. He couldn't do a thing... now.
"Take it away..." I whispered. "Take the pain away." My eyes were fluttering. "Fang..."
Fang walked to the door, then shouted: "JEB!!!"
"Yes?" Jeb hurried downstairs. "What do you need, Fang?"
"It's Amanda," He said, then motioned Jeb to come in so he could tell him the rest of the story.
"Oh, no." Jeb gasped, and then ran over to Amanda. He lied his hand on her forehead, moving the ice pack. "Fang, come here." Jeb said, quieter now. He stroked Amanda's hair back, gently kissing her forehead. "Sweetie, sweetie." He whispered.
Fang walked back into the room, then over to Jeb. "Jeb, what's going on?"
"It's worse than I thought." Jeb murmured. The chip is doing something to her stomach. He thought, stroking Amanda's hair back. "Fang, the fever is nothing right now. Just make sure she's comfortable." He whispered as Amanda's eyes fluttered open, her arms still around her stomach.
"Well, how do I now when she's comfortable?" Fang growled quietly. He glanced at Amanda, then down to the floor.
"Fang, you know her better than anyone else on the planet." Well, besides maybe Max, but she's not coming in. Jeb thought. "You, of anyone, can tell, Fang. You're her best friend."
My eyes fluttered back open, and I could feel Jeb's hand on my forehead. "How do you feel, sweetheart?" He asked quietly, and I coughed. "Like death." I admitted quietly, blinking twice and coughing again. "I'm sorry, honey." Jeb looked at me with concern. "Do you need anything?" I shook my head. "Okay, sweetie." He kissed my forehead gently.
As Jeb walked by Fang, he whispered out of the corner of his mouth, "She's cold. Pull up the sheets." He murmured, and then walked out.
Fang nodded slowly, then reached for the blankets, starting to pull them up.
"Fang?" I asked quietly. "Why do you look so guilty? It's not your fault I got sick."
Fang's jaw locked, and he continued to pull the covers up. "That's what you don't know..." He muttered.
"What don't I know?" I asked, coughing harshly. "Fang, tell me."
Fang sighed quietly. "When you fell asleep, I accidentally coughed." He winced, ready to get shouted out, or something.
I sniffled. "I'm not going to strangle you, Fang. Calm down." I turned towards him. "I know you didn't mean to." I started feeling a little nauseated, and swallowed, feeling really, really bad.
Fang let out the breath he guessed he was holding. "I- I didn't, it just... happened..."
"I know, Fang. It's fine. Is this why you've been guilty? Because you think you got me sick?" I asked, swallowing again.
Fang nodded slowly.
"It's fine." My hands flew to my stomach. And that's probably when my face turned green, and he knew I was about to puke.
Fang's eyes widened and he grabbed for the trashcan, and thrust it toward her.
I started coughing, and then gagged, my mouth in front of the trashcan.
Fang looked the other direction, not really wanting to hear her throw up.
Jeb walked in then, and gasped. He came over and held my hair in a ponytail, pulling it away from my face. "Shhh." He lied his hand on my forehead as I threw up in the trash can. "Are you feeling better, sweetheart?" I shook my head sadly as he lifted the glass of water to my mouth. "I'm sorry, sweetie?"
Fang just held the trash can up, still looking in the opposite direction.
Jeb kissed my forehead gently. "Do you need anything, Amanda?" I shook my head slowly. "I'm sorry you're sick, hon." He left the room again. "Fang? I'm not puking anymore."
"Right." Fang moved the trashcan away, and set it on the ground again. He sighed quietly.
"I'm sorry you had to deal with this." I said quietly. "I feel horrible." And then I realized that I should probably stop complaining. It would only make him feel worse. "Sorry."
"It's not your fault, not need to say sorry-- I should actually be saying sorry." Fang mumbled. "Sorry."
"As I keep telling you, it's not your fault. It. Was. An. Accident." I said quietly. "I'm the one who fell asleep on your lap.
"I'm the one that coughed on you." Fang said, finally looking at her.
"Not purposely. And, besides, if I hadn't insisted on taking care of you, I wouldn't have fallen asleep." I looked into his black eyes.
Fang opened his mouth-- but bit down on his tongue. He didn't know what to say next.
"See? I'm to blame. Or... if you're really against blaming me, you could always blame the whitecoats for lowering my immune system." I sneezed. "If it wasn't so low, I might not have gotten it."
"I'll just go with blaming the whitecoats."
"Thank you! now I don't have to keep convincing you that you didn't do anything!" And I grabbed the trash can and puked again.
Fang blinked a few times. He sighed, then stood up and pulled her hair away from her face.
I coughed one last time, looking at him. "You can go if you want."
"I'd rather stay here..." Fang let go of her hair.
"Why? I'm not all that interesting. And I know how much you adore watching me throw up."
"I'm just going to stay here." Fang said, and flopped down on the chair.
"Oh, wait... I just remembered. I'm in your room. That's probably why you won't get out." I coughed again, wrapping my arms around my knees again.
Fang nodded slowly.
I turned his way, my eyes closing.
Fang gave off one of his rare smiles. "Tired?"
"Kinda." I admitted. "Puking kinda takes it out of you."
"Go ahead and sleep," Fang said.
I smiled, my eyes fluttering closed.
"She asleep?" I asked, peeking in.
Fang looked at Jeb, then nodded.
"Good." I pulled a needle out of my bag. "Come here, sweetie."
Fang winced slightly, moving closer to the chair. "U-Um, W-W-What are you doing?"
"Calm down, Fang." Jeb said quietly, walking over to Amanda and gently kissing her forehead. "Sweetheart, sweetheart..." He murmured sadly. "Oh, honey. Get better soon." Jeb pulled out the needle, lying it on the table that was close to Fang's chair. The first one clearly said 'Amanda'. He pulled out another, this one marked with 'Fang'.
"Fang?" Jeb looked at him quietly. "I need to make sure that you're completly better, and not just better for a day, and then get sick again." His eyes were sad as he took the shot with 'Fang' written on it. "Fang... calm down, and give me your arm."

At that moment, my eyes opened and I backed up instintivly. "Shots?" I asked quietly, my eyes widening visibly. "Shhh, Amanda." Jeb lied a hand on my forehead. "You don't get yours yet, honey. I've already given the rest of the flock theirs, so they won't catch what you and Fang got." He held the shot in the air, and I could see that it was marked 'Fang'. "Fang, give me your arm." I looked at him sympathetically, mouthing the word 'Sorry' over and over. We were all afraid of shots (trust me, being in a lab does that to you) but Fang's fear seemed to be deeper, harder. "Fang. Your arm."
I looked at Fang, and Jeb who had, by now, gotten hold of Fang's arm, and instantly knew that he did not want to do this. I coughed harshly, and Jeb turned my way. "Jeb? When can I get up?" He lied the shot on the table, and I shot Fang a look that clearly said, You're very lucky I'm here and sick. Jeb gently lied his hand on my forehead. "You're going down. Maybe tomorrow, honey." He kissed my forehead gently. "Oh, my sweetheart. How are you feeling?" I shrugged. "Better..ish. I don't feel like death anymore. My stomach still hurts, though." Jeb sighed sadly. "I'm sorry, honey." He kissed my forehead gently.
"You are very lucky." I muttered under my breath as Jeb went to get more water. "He might come back, but don't remind him."
Fang's face went as white as paper at the sight of the needle. He started climbing up the side of the chair, ready to jump over if necessary.
Ever sense the school, he's had such a bad claustrophobia. And needles. Mostly needles though.
A lump formed in his throat. No way... No way... His mind screamed at him. No needles... His foot inched over the arm of the chair. His mind was focused on getting out of the place, he didn't see Jeb set the needle/shot down, or Amanda glare at him.
Sweat started to form at his hairline. He was way to ready to book it out of the room, maybe even out of the house. But if he did-- Alice or someone else would hunt him down, and bring him back. Amanda couldn't get more sick, he wouldn't allow it.
No, No... He wouldn't. Now he made a mental promise. He'd never see Amanda get hurt, or sick. He'd hurt the person who did it to her so much, even if it was himself.

Everything is as it seems...

"F-F-Fang?" I asked very quietly. "He's gone, you know." I moved the blankets out of the way, swinging my feet over the edge of the bed and landing quickly on the floor. My vision spun, and I stood still for a few moments before I felt like I could actually move without vomiting. Slowly, I walked over to where he was and lied my head on his shoulder. "He's gone, Fang." I still felt woozy, still thought I was about to fall over at any given second, but I was still standing.
I gripped the back of the chair for support, though, and my head was spinning wildly. I wasn't very steady, and I wobbled, the flu still having control. Once Fang was back in the chair, I started walking clumsily back to the bed, before I fell... right on top of him, into his arms. [Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Icon_biggrin]

"Sorry!" I said automatically. His arms were strong and warm, and I didn't really want to get up. I wasn't exactly sure if I could anyway. And... I wouldn't. Though I had no romantic feelings for Fang [just yet. xD], I smiled. His arms were warm, strong, familiar... and I was happy, despite the fact that I had the stomach flu.
I nestled myself into them, leaning my head against his shoulder and smiling wider. I still felt horrible, my stomach still hurt, and I still had the flu... but I was happy.
"Y-Yeah, I k-know," He said, still in a small shock. As she stood up, his eyebrows knitted together in concern. "Your not supposed to stand up Amanda..." Fang said, catching her as she fell into his arms.
All of a sudden, his heart started to race. A lump formed in his throat. Why was he feeling like this all a sudden? He guessed it was because she was sick and he was sick awhile back.
She nestled into him, and he smiled lightly-- like how he usually did when he smiled. He didn't know what to exactly do next, so he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

I smiled, closing my eyes. Fang was someone who was familiar, warm, and comforting. And then it was kinda ruined when Angel ran in.
"Amanda! I- GAZZY! NUDGE! ALICE! MAX! IGGY!" I blushed bright red.
Max and Iggy ran in, and the look on her face was priceless.

Fang's smile widened slightly, and his arms tightened around Amanda. When Angel came in though, he let go, his blush darkening.
Alice heard her name and looked up from the computer. She hopped out of her chair, and walked to Fang's room. She poked her head in. "Wha-" She stopped, seeing the scene. She giggled.
Which is when I fell to the floor, whapping my head against the base of his bed. Ow.
"Smooth, Brother..." Alice muttered.
"Shuddup!" Fang hissed, then started to pick Amanda back up. "Sorry." He whispered.

I rubbed the back of my head. "Ouch..." My eyes fluttered shut.
"Sorry, Sorry!" Fang whispered again. He continued to pick her up, then set her on the bed.
"It's fine..." I moaned, rubbing the back of my head which burned.
Fang looked around for the icepack. When he turned again, he almost screamed. Alice was standing there with the ice pack. She hadn't even made a sound. He snatched the ice pack and lifted Amanda's head, setting it down.
I smiled lightly. "Hi Alice..." And my eyes flickered shut as I went unconscious.
"Come on, sweetie." Max lifted Angel into her arms, leading everyone out. "Alice!" She grabbed Alice's sleeve and pulled her out of the room.
"Hey." Alice said with a small smile. "Feel better, Okay?" She said before being tugged out by Max. She sighed with a smile still, shaking her head.
Fang sighed and sat down. "Thank heavens they're all gone..."
Jeb walked in then, looking at Amanda and the back of her head. "What happened?"
"She slipped." Fang growled.
"Okay." Jeb seemed to believe it as his fingers pressed lightly on the bump on her head. Amanda winced loudly as he removed the ice. "Sorry!" Jeb's calm hands trailed on her shoulder. "How do you feel, hon?"
Fang glared at Jeb. "She passed out," He lowered his voice. "Idiot." He mumbled.
"Excuse me?" Jeb's eyes were steel as he turned away from Amanda. She sniffled in her unconcsious-state. "You're grounded, young man."
Fang heard Alice giggle from behind the door. "What?!" He said, his shoulders dropping, along with his jaw. "I just- I mean- GYAH."
Amanda sniffled and turned over, asleep now rather than unconscious. "Out." Jeb pointed towards the door, and then realized that it was his room. "Alice!"
Alice jumped at her name, then opened the door slightly, poking her head in. "You called?"
Fang blinked a few times in confusion.
"Fang's grounded. Can you take Amanda to her room and watch over her?" Jeb asked.
Alice sighed of relief, as she thought she was in trouble. She nodded. "Yeah, Sure." She said, then blinked a few times. "Can you help me pick her up, please?"
"Weakling." Fang muttered.
"Hey, Your the one who's grounded." Alice muttered back, sticking her tongue out at him. You could REALLY tell they where twins...

My eyes blinked open. "Fang, what are you doing? Put me down."
Alice blinked a few times, "Amanda, It's Alice, not Fang." She glared at her brother. "HELP!" She whispered.
Fang sighed and got up, getting on the other side of Amanda and helping.

"What are you doing?" I asked, but I was actually comfortable in his arms. I didn't feel so bad anymore, though my head hurt. "I think I can walk to where ever you're trying to put me." I informed him, landing on my feet and feeling dizzy. "Where are you trying to get me to go?"
Alice smiled. "Back to your room." Her smile turned more devil-ish. "Because someone is grounded!" She sang.
Fang rolled his eyes. "Your annoying."
"Your grounded."
"Oooooh!" I giggled. Angel ran in, dragging Gazzy and Nudge. "Fang's grounded! Fang's grounded!" I laughed. "Hey, sweetie."
"Amanda, you're better!" She hugged my legs and I ruffled her hair. "I just feel better right now, baby. We'll see." I disentangled myself and grabbed Alice's arm, draggnig her out of Fang's room. "Have fun being grounded!"

"I second that!" Alice said, laughing also.
"Hey!" Fang shouted, then the door shut. He groaned and flopped down on the bed.
"Never tell Fang this, but..." I sighed as I walked into my room. "I kinda liked what happened ten minutes ago."
Alice smiled lightly, then opened the door to Amanda's room. "Promise. But..." She giggled again. "That's so cute!" She said quietly.
"It's... indescribable." I giggled, lying down and putting the ice back on my head. Now that we had rearranged, Angel, Nudge, and Max slept in one room, and Alice and I were in the other.
Alice giggled also, and she sat down on her bed. She swung her legs slightly, and watched Amanda.
A few minutes later, Jeb came in with the thermometer. "Come here, sweetie." He slid it into my mouth, and smiled. "You're better." I grinned.
Alice watched, still swinging her legs. "It's good that she's better." She turned to Jeb. "How long is Fang grounded?" She said out of no-where, with her sweet-innocent smile."Until I say so." Jeb chuckled. "Which is now. You can tell him, of you'd like." My face lit up. "Excellent."
I opened the door. "News! I'm cured- and you're not grounded anymore."

Fang was still face down on his bed. "Great, Thanks."
"Oh, don't tell me you're sick again." I said, walking over. "We're going flying. Comin'?"
"No, And I'm grounded, Remember?" Fang said.
Alice walked outside, ready to take off soon enough.
"Jeb said you're not. Come on!" I giggled, bouncing and grabbing his hand. "Let's go!"
Fang became limp and then slid off the bed. He stood up and trudged out of the room.
I was hyped up, and he was boring me. "Come on, Alice!"
I flew fine, neither passing out nor puking. Finally, both Fang and I were fine.

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 3/3/2010, 1:13 pm; edited 15 times in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape Empty Re: Partially Human; Chapter One; We Need An Escape

Quotes!
I'm so cute when I try to kill you. ~Amanda
You had a reason to punch me. ~Fang
Maybe you were right. Maybe I did need a heroic rescue. ~Amanda

Last edited by Jesus4Eternity on 2/22/2010, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:01 pm

RESERVED
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6007

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:01 pm

RESERVED

{By the way, I really like the beginning; Totally cool! ^^}
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:05 pm

[Gracias. ME STARTIE!!!! Very Happy]
[OH! Can I be twins with Max? Smile]

I bit my lip as another whitecoat came in to inspect Angel's breathing as she slept. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, looking over at Fang. He was motionless, but I knew that he, too, wasn't sleeping.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:09 pm

{Your welcome. xD}
{Yes, You may.}

Alice pressed herself against the bars of her cage. She felt her feathers ruffle slightly under her clothing. Although she seemed to be the one to give a prep talk to the group- She stayed quiet. She pulled her knees up to her chest with a small sigh.

{Is that Blue OK to use?}
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:13 pm

[If you want, you can be Iggy's or Fang's twin. Very Happy]
[Who gets to be leader? 'Cuz, obviously, it's gonna be one of us. And maybe, for now, should we divide up the flock into who plays who? I think it'd be fun for you to play Fang if Imma soulmate with him, 'cuz that's always fun. And I could play Max? And one of us could play Angel, the other Gazzy, and same for Nudge and Iggy?]

I looked at my twin, who really was sleeping. I kept my eyes closed, but listened to everything around me; when I wanted to, I could hear almost as well as Iggy. Almost.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:17 pm

{I wanna be Fang's TWIN! 8D Even if it means not liking him... but still! xD}
{But, Um. I dunno about a leader, but yeah, dividing up the team sounds reasonable. I'll play Fang, and can I play Gassy? Very Happy)

Alice clawed quietly at the bottom of her cage, leaving white trails behind. She ground her teeth together, now balling her hands into fists. This was pathetic, they needed to be diverting a plan- instead of sitting around. She opened her mouth to speak- but her mouth felt like cotton, so she shut it.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:21 pm

[Sh-weet! Very Happy]
[YAY! I wanted to play Angel anyway. xD]
[You wanna play Nudge or Iggy?]
[If you want, I'll be leader. In RL, I am [but not of a flock. LOL]]

I brought a quick finger to my lips, looking at Alice. We couldn't talk now. It was important to let the whitecoat think we were dumber than we really were. Later, maybe, we could esca- no, I wouldn't even get my hopes up.

[Okay, so...]
[I play Max and Angel, and you play Fang and Gazzy. You're Fang's twin, and I'm Max's. Right?]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:29 pm

{Then I'll play Nudge. Very Happy}
{You can play leader, nod }

Alice looked at Amanda for a minute, staring at her with one dark colored eye, and one blue. There was a whole huge story behind it all, but to keep it short- She was experimented on. Like Iggy, Only they wanted to alter her eye color. And they always got what they wanted. She nodded slowly, her neatly braided black hair moving slightly.

{That's correct. Smile}
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:32 pm

[Gosh, I'm getting to play all the peeps I wanted to. xD]
[Sh-weet! You sure you don't wanna, though? I fele selfish, taking all the good stuff.]

I watched my twin as she turned towards me inconsipiciously. Quickly and quietly, she blinked twice, and I got the signal for changing watch. I tried to get comfortable, but, considering the fact I was in a dog crate, I curled up and fell asleep.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:35 pm

{No kidding. Very Happy}
{Nah, It's fine. I dun wanna be a leader. Razz xD}

Alice looked at the claw marks on the cage, then watched Amanda lay down. She should be sleeping- but she didn't feel like it. She didn't want to sleep, she knew her nightmares would start up again. She glanced at her twin brother- who was staring at Amanda. She couldn't help but smirk.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:39 pm

[You wanted to play them, or you're playing everyone you wanted to?]
[We're probably gonna do the flock-split part, BTW. 'Cept it'll be me and Fang fighting.]
[Hehehehehe... Fang be staring at me. xD]

I could feel Fang's eyes on me, and I figeted uncomfortably; I wasn't the biggest fan of being watched. That came from being observed daily by scientists, if you were wondering. It makes you wonder what happens in your sleep- which is why we do watches. No one is ever unprotected.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:42 pm

{I wanted to play everyone I wanted to.}
{Nice... xD}
{xD}

Seeing Amanda move in discomfort, Fang moved his eyes away. He took a look around at everyone, then sighed quietly.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:50 pm

[Okayz. 'Cuz I feel kinda selfish; I got the peeps I wanted. xD]
[After the kiss, of course. xD]
[Hehehe]

I watched my twin sleep for a split-second, then turned my attention back to the front as the whitecoat left.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:51 pm

{xD}

Alice shuffled alittle, before falling over and shutting her eyes. She felt too tired to even sit.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/16/2010, 11:55 pm

I woke up a few hours later, to a whiecoat tapping on my cage. I coughed lightly and looked up. He was... smiling?
"Listen to me." He began quietly. "I'm going to get you out of here; all eight of you. Be very quiet and follow me. If anyone asks, I need you together for testing." He unlocked the cages. "Come on."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/16/2010, 11:59 pm

Fang was already out- waiting for everyone else.
Alice was getting out of her cage, stretching. Her muscles ached. She glanced over at Iggy, then Fang, then Amanda, then the others.
Gassy was keeping his cool, trying not to jump up and down in excitement. They where finally getting out of this terrible place!
Nudge... was pretty much doing the same.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/17/2010, 1:49 pm

I bit my lip nervoulsy, not sure if this was a trap or not. "Iggy- exit at 12:00." I whispered, unlocking his cage. He walked out and nodded thanks. Max was next to me already, and I grabbed the two-year-old Angel, sniffling slightly.
You see, when we were younger, about three or four, the whitecoats enhanced Max's immune system, and, since we were twins, they tried me as well. It pretty much failed, so I was a bit more... delicate to the cold than anyone else was. It didn't really affect much at the lab, but outside, it might.
"Come on." And the whitecoat led us into a white truck, away from the antiseptic smells of the School. We were free.

[In this part, Max, Iggy, Fang, Amanda, and Alice are 10, Nudge is 7, Gazzy is 4, and Angel is 2, because the series is four years after the escaped. Smile]

[IDEA! When we're learning to fly, Gazzy does the whole 'pull the two wings backwards' trick and I fall to my death- until Fang catches me. Very Happy]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/17/2010, 5:41 pm

Alice was being her brother, pretty much clinging onto her arm- which she had never done before. She never showed she was scared- but she was frightened now. She was ready to leave- but was frightened of what could be outside. She looked at Amanda and Max- the other twins of the group. She ducked her head as they approached the white truck.

{OK, That makes more sense.}
{Cool with it- Just.... can you remind me what the 'Pull both wings back' thick is? xD}
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/17/2010, 6:08 pm

[When you grab both wings and snap them together; it's what a flock member did to a flying Eraser in either 2 or 3.]

The back opened, and I took a deep breath. "Come on, guys." Slowly, we left our old life behind. Forever.
"Here we are." The whitecoat said a few hours later. I bit my lip nervously as the door opened. And then I could see paradise.
There was a house that looked like the letter 'E' on a canyon, the edges hanging off. There was absolutly no one in sight. Perfect.
"I'm going to teach you how to fly." The whitecoat said after we all got out. "But first you can get settled. There's a fair few bedrooms; some of you will have to share." He smiled, and I couldn't help but smile back.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/17/2010, 6:17 pm

Alice stomach churned during the ride, but when they came to the house, a small smile danced it's way onto her face. Her eyes sparkled slightly at the sight. She looked at her brother- but he still had that look of his. It was... rather weird.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 1/17/2010, 9:16 pm

I coughed harshly as we got out; just part of being a mutant bird kid with athsma. Gently, I picked Angel up in my arms and stroked her curls back. She giggled and closed her eyes sleepily.
"How do you want to split up?" The whitecoat asked. Eventually, we decided that the girls would have three rooms and the boys would have two.
"Okay... who wants to room alone?" I asked as Angel slept on in my arms.

[And then.. flying. Very Happy]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Alice 1/17/2010, 9:53 pm

Alice looked at all the girls. "Good question..." She said quietly. "Who wants to sleep by themselves?" She asked, blinking a few times, then messing with her bangs, tucking them behind her ear in defeat.
Miss_Alice
Miss_Alice
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next