The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sown Shadow - March is special.

+2
FOREIGN?!
shadowsowner888
6 posters

Go down

The Sown Shadow - March is special. Empty The Sown Shadow - March is special.

Post by shadowsowner888 3/16/2010, 9:28 pm

Written 3/15/10.

Ari said I should blog more, so here I go. xD

I find that it’s easier to come out with big long stuff when I actually have a topic. So what’s my topic today? The fifteenth.

The fifteenth means several things to me. Well, two, but still. First and foremost, it’s the anniversary of my dear Shadow’s death. He was my first dog (who I got from Jamie and Joe’s family), a little beagle mix who loved to run around. That’s what killed him . . . he ran out in front of a car. I didn’t see it, but I heard it was bad . . . oh, gosh, I was gonna be happy, but now I’m starting to feel like crying just thinking about it. xD

I just keep remembering . . . he was laying there on the road, and I was sitting there beside him, all worried. And Shadow lifted up his head, looking around with pain-filled eyes, and let out this long, low, whimper . . . and then he laid his head back down, and he never moved again.

Aww, now I’m crying. ._.

Shadow, I miss you. As much as I may love Angel now, I will always love you. </3 Even when Jamie forgets his own dog, when my mom says you deserved to die, when I spend so much time loving Angel . . . you’re always there. And I promise that I will always remember you. Why else would I be called Shadow, too?

The morning before he died . . . I was playing piano, and for the first time ever, he came down and sat right against my legs as I played. It was like he just wanted to be with me. Did he know he was going to die? Was that his way of saying goodbye to me?

Remembering that broke my heart. Because I knew you’d never do anything sweet for me again. As much as I prayed for God to bring you back, for some sort of miracle, you were gone . . . all I had was memories.

It wasn’t fair. You didn’t even have a year of life. We only had you with us for three months. You didn’t deserve it.

But there’s no changing the past.

Whee! Isn’t that sad! xP Let’s be happy, now. The other thing the fiteenth means to me is the release of another wonderful book by James Patterson - Fang. Very Happy

I was the first person at our library to get it, and it actually showed up today. <3 I’m so happy. It’s sitting on my desk, waiting to be read . . . I may not be able to start until tomorrow, considering that I have to do some editing still, but at least I didn’t even read chapter eight yet. xD The farther I get, the harder it is for me to put books down.

Now, I must rave about James Patterson. People have told me before that they prefer third person, that it looks much more professional . . . well, one person specifically told me this, and they’re a very fine writer that I greatly respect. So, naturally, I took their advice and kept my own book in third person. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy first person, when the style is right.

Well, James Patterson captures that right style. At first, reading his books, I got so confused by the beginnings. It always jumped into the action after only a few short chapters, and so I was left confused. That manner of writing was entirely new to me. However, once I got used to it, I found I enjoyed it.

Everything else about his style I loved from the start, of course. He has this sarcastic humor that makes me giggle several times throughout the course of the book - one point for him. I love funny books. Then, every single character is distinct yet real. Two points. The books are ‘fantasy’ - really sci-fi, but it could technically be categorized as the same thing - and also have anchors in the real world that make me feel as if maybe the fantasies are real. Three points. Then, the best part - all his books I’ve read so far have romance. <3 Kabillion points, quite.

Now, you may be wondering which books exactly I’m referring to. After all, if I’ve just been reading the Maximum Ride series, shouldn’t I say that? Well, I’m reading Daniel X, too.

You probably already know something about Maximum Ride, so I’m not going to talk much about it. Basically, though, there’s this group of kids with wings, and the government is trying to capture them to do who-knows-what sort of horrible things. Action abounds, but there’s plenty of time for some romance here and there. They’re awesome books, and I’m so going to buy them when I have the money. You must read.

Now, Daniel X . . . well, they’re great and all, but I don’t enjoy them as much as MR. Check ‘em out from the library if you’re interested in Patterson’s work, but I wouldn’t buy them right off the bat. These are about a kid who dubbed himself Daniel X, and he’s got all these insane powers. Mind reading and controlling, shapeshifting, teleportation, manipulating molecules to form just about anything he wants . . . basically a huge godmoder. He’s fun, though, and his wicked powers are toned down a bit by the number of insanely more powerful aliens that he has to track down and kill. You see, aliens are fairly common on earth in this series, and for the most part they have some sort of evil scheme against us earthlings. So, Daniel’s the one who takes them out. His goal is to exterminate The Prayer, the deadliest alien on the planet, because of a personal crime the alien committed against him . . . and he’s working his way up there alien by alien. I think it was a little farfetched that, when he thought about it, there was always some easy solution for his problems, which was probably the biggest thing that kept me from liking the book more. It’s just so hard to root for him because you already figure he’s going to win. It’s all rather preditable . . . so, yeah, it was cool, but not the greatest. nod

Beyond the 15th, March itself has a lot of significance to me. (Yes, topic-changing ftw. nod) See, back in 2007 (I think, could be wrong), this is the month in which I started writing Dragon Soul. (On Emily Osment’s birthday to be precise, which I forget the exact date of.) Oh, man, my first draft was total crap, but I’m very glad I still have it saved. xD It’s a good memory. Kayla, the MC of Dragon Soul, also has her birthday in March - on the 15th, another reminder of Shadow for me. xD

So, woot for March. Now, would you kindly answer me some questions? x3

1. What day/month has significance to you?
2. Have you read any books by Patterson?
3. Did you think of Robert Pattinson when you saw that question?
4. When did you start your first major story?

Thank you for reading, and clicks on my TAs and dragons (in username widget and signature) are appreciated. ^^

Addition as of 3/16:
Oh my gosh. I just found out that my aunt and uncle's dog - who is also a beagle mix - ran out into the road on the 12th and got hit by a car too . . . and she didn't make it. Poor Abby. </3 What is it with March and dogs? This is the month my grandparents' German shepherd had to be put to sleep, in 2006, too.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - March is special. 1312The Sown Shadow - March is special. 2412The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3349The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3548The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - March is special. Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - March is special.

Post by FOREIGN?! 3/16/2010, 10:17 pm

Aww. Sorry about Shadow. Sad

*insert another comment about the epicness of the MR series here(i finished the first book today. Very Happy)*

1. What day/month has significance to you? Hmm.. October 5, I saw Wicked with my best friend ever in my favorite city that day. nod
2. Have you read any books by Patterson? Yepppp.
3. Did you think of Robert Pattinson when you saw that question? ...maybe. xD
4. When did you start your first major story? Er, I never really did. I wrote a chapter of one Ave and I were writing, but it sorta died after that. :E
FOREIGN?!
FOREIGN?!
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Back to top Go down

The Sown Shadow - March is special. Empty Re: The Sown Shadow - March is special.

Post by Malicious Nightmares 3/16/2010, 10:19 pm

*cries* Poor little dog... DDD:
Malicious Nightmares
Malicious Nightmares
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 19506

http://www.shadowfire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 3/16/2010, 11:55 pm

Awww... -huggle-

Another thing about the fifteenth of March: Ides of March. Not a good day. no

(If you don't know what that is, it's the day Julius Caesar was assassinated. xD)

1. What day/month has significance to you? Besides my b-day? IDK.
2. Have you read any books by Patterson? No.
3. Did you think of Robert Pattinson when you saw that question? No.
4. When did you start your first major story? Erm... if Otta's Story counts, sometime in fifth grade.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx 3/17/2010, 3:50 pm

1. What day/month has significance to you? I'm not good with dates- I can only, sometimes remember years things happened but...
2. Have you read any books by Patterson?The entire maximum ride series up to FANG
3. Did you think of Robert Pattinson when you saw that question? Not..Really.
4. When did you start your first major story?I said I was bad at dates! Sometime in July..or June...August...Wait...Fall? Heck, I have no idea, 'cept that I was 12.
Jinx
Jinx
Published Author
Published Author

{{Avvie thanks to Ave]

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely
'Cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel
Or just the train?~Tidal wave, Owl city.
Female Posts : 3205

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/17481697803

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 3/17/2010, 4:07 pm

1. What day/month has significance to you? I really don't know.
2. Have you read any books by Patterson? I've started MR.
3. Did you think of Robert Pattinson when you saw that question? Nope.
4. When did you start your first major story? ITR? June 1st, 2009.

Sorry, this is short, but I have to go to bed now. Razz
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Sown Shadow - March is special. 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/17/2010, 4:55 pm

Forry: Thanks.

Yay!

Mia: Ikr? :/

Ratty: IDES OF MARCH . . . wait what is this? xD
Ohhh, okay. xD Yeah, I found about that from my stinking insensitive parents last year.

Mea: Yay MR! Very Happy

Ari: You need to finish the book. xD
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Sown Shadow - March is special. 1312The Sown Shadow - March is special. 2412The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3349The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3548The Sown Shadow - March is special. 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down