The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!*

+5
Komoda
DreamCatcher81
Kat24
shadowsowner888
Nightowl
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!*

Post by Kat24 7/30/2009, 2:30 pm

I like the new part. Smile
Kat24
Kat24
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!*

Post by DreamCatcher81 7/30/2009, 9:57 pm

You're welcome!

Yes, yes you should! It would make waiting easier. Twisted Evil
DreamCatcher81
DreamCatcher81
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 Siggy
The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 Siggy
Female Posts : 2460

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/27/2009, 7:06 pm

Wow, I haven't checked on this in a while! Sorry guys. Smile I think I'll add more soon, but I have a lot of typing to do first. You see, I wrote a good chunk of the middle out on paper, but I still need to transfer/edit it on the computer. Chapters four and five are mostly written, but I have a ton of work to do before I can post chapter six.

I think writing'll be slow for me this year too, unfortunately. I'm starting grade nine, and in order to get into the high school that I want, I need really good marks in this first semester. And so I'm off to go editing, but I'll be back soon with more.

=] Sparrow
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1041

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/28/2009, 8:24 pm

Chapter Four
Friends?

The stairs wound upwards, no railings at their rickety sides. The thin iron steps were well maintained, at least, so I had no fear of falling through. Falling off was an entirely different question. My fear of heights sprung up again, and my arms remained tensely at my sides. I walked behind Mer, in front of Luke, with Toby trailing him and Ree the last of all. The cold metal soothed my burning feet, and I was sure that I’d left a trail of blood where I’d been walking. Ouch.
We came to the top of the stairs, and I found myself on a narrow catwalk that was little more than a simple ledge of stone. It ran around the shadowy edges of the building as far as I could see with doors opening off it occasionally. It was through one of these open doors that the sound of voices and the shadows of people – children – in lantern light spilled out.
Mer led me forward, a hand lifted for balance. I stayed as close to the wall as possible until we entered the room.
Silence fell.
The dozen (perhaps a little less) children stared from their various positions around the dim room. And all their eyes were focused on me and only me. I suddenly became very aware of my dirty and tear stained face, bleeding feet and the dress that was still far too clean and unworn to possibly belong to someone like them. I backed away instinctively as Mer introduced me to the few faces. “That’s James, here’s Ruby, his sister. The little one there is Dune, and Garret is over in that corner there – Lilly’s asleep – And last of all there’s myself, Toby, Luke and Ree, of course.”
Five new names later my head spun as I tried to memorize each face and matching name. I slumped alone in a corner and as I observed, I also watched the strange activities that were being performed.
Some of them were sorting through sacks of… random things – each object was different, although most of it was grubby scraps of food.
It was some time later, and a great deal darker outside the window when I heard someone sit down beside me silently. I frowned as I tried to remember who she was. Ruby, that was it.
“Hello,” she said shyly.
“Hey,” I replied, tempted to simply ignore her.
She laughed nervously. “I just wanted to come introduce myself a little better is all. And I guess you’re probably pretty uncomfortable around us still, right?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“I can leave if you want,” she said, looking so meek and frightened that I almost laughed aloud.
“No, stay,” I said. “I want to know more about this place… and about you.”
“Well…” Ruby looked a little pleased that I’d committed myself to having a real conversation. “This is our home. I don’t know really what else I should call it, because that’s precisely what it is. Most of us are either orphans or runaways, and a few are… well, they were…” she frowned as she searched for the right word. “Rejected, shall we say, by their families.” A harsh smile crossed her face. “And James and I are two of those few.”
“I’m sorry,” I broke in.
“Don’t be,” she said quite cheerily. “They were an awful bunch anyways. My mother was always stuffing me into dresses that were far too frilly to be practical, and they ate far too much at meals that went on and on for hours and hour and hours! James and I both hated it utterly and completely.”
“Oh.”
“So we got here about two months ago after being picked up by Ree and them,” she indicated Mer, Ree, Luke and Toby, the four of which who I hadn’t seen anywhere but together the whole day. “And we’ve lived here ever since.”
I nodded, glad that she was a chatterbox and I didn’t have to say much.
“So, what about you? Why are you here?”
“I don’t… I can’t talk about it right now…” I said quietly. “It’s kind of hard.” I could tell she was rather disappointed by this, and I suppose I would have been too if I were her, but I couldn’t do anything about it. I had purposefully kept thoughts of my father walled from my mind, and if I spoke of or thought of him, I knew I would cry.
“Good night then Ari,” Ruby said to me, and then scampered off to a different corner.
That short conversation was the beginning of a friendship that I knew, with time, would blossom into something beautiful through in the mist of the trouble and darkness that my life now held.

Last edited by Nightowl on 9/27/2009, 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/29/2009, 12:35 pm

Anyone still reading this? Razz
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 8/29/2009, 3:53 pm

I am! x3 Awesome job.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 1312The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 2412The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3349The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3548The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 8/29/2009, 5:06 pm

Thanks Shadow. Smile I'm glad you like it.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/2/2009, 6:35 pm

Chapter Five
Dark… and Light

I tossed and turned under the thin blanket that Mer had given me as a cover. It was at night that the thoughts of him came – the thoughts that brought stinging tears to my green eyes. The memories that were real enough to touch, yet too far away to reach out for. They were from a past life, they were reflections in water, and they were shadows in foggy confusion. They were gone.
The thick ink of night clouded me from seeing, but I left my eyes open anyway. I knew what I would see if someone were to light a lamp of some sort. The nine others were scattered haphazardly all over the floor. But I’m sure they still weren’t feeling the utter darkness in the same way that I did. To them it was familiar, for it was they place they had lived in for a lifetime. To me it was new and frightening; a lightless void that left me spinning alone in the dark with only my thoughts for company.
I rolled over to face the wall. Cold figures danced in my mind’s eye and no matter where I turned and twisted, they followed with their empty faces obscured. I couldn’t escape from their grasping fingers and their breathy noises. I knew the sound of breathing, the gentle rise and fall of air, was emanating from each of the others in the room, but I somehow my mind couldn’t grasp this idea, and I went on half believing that the figures were real; that they’d come for me.
It would be a night of no sleep for me, and therefore the longest night of my life.
After an eternity of nothingness, I began to see the place and time where the black of darkness was only a minute shade lighter. It was just barely blue. I watched, and black faded to purple, and then to charcoal grey, and that was when I could make out the forms of my sleeping companions once more, almost.
I stood and walked to the window. Before me was spread an impossible landscape. Having lived in the city, my life had consisted of stone and wood, metal and cloth. Never before had I seen more than two, perhaps three trees at a time, and not once had I walked on grass or in a stream. Bejia was centered on a large river, and people were not permitted to swim in it – it was solely for drinking water and for transportation of goods. Never before had I seen hazy mountains an amazing distance away with lazy clouds floating around their summits, hiding the peaks. I’d not seen clumps of bushes, nor fields of crops and tiny houses and brightly painted barns.
I stared, and before I knew what I was doing, I climbed out of the window and onto the top of the city wall. I walked a little farther from the gap in the stone and the snores and whistles that swelled and receded from within.
I sat down now, and watched as the earliest rays of lemon poked above the gentle rolls of green hills, and slowly shaded the sandy colored rock that many of the city’s buildings were made of a light golden color that I’d never noticed before. The shadows of early morning were deeper and more intense than the ones of high daylight, and I liked them better. They, like everything else, seemed too perfect for words.
And that was when I remembered that my father had once said that he’d take me to see the world outside the gates of Bejia, because he’d never been there himself and because that was where the mother I’d never met had come from.
“She was beautiful Ari, just like you. She had your lovely dark hair, and skin that was a few shades darker than yours. And you look almost like her,” he used to tell me.
The long lost memory hurt, much deeper than the oppressive ache I’d felt last night. Everything seems more real by the light of dawn, and this was no different. A tear slid off my nose, and all at once I was crying. But it felt good. I don’t know how long I sat there for, but when I looked out at the sky again, it was only a few shades brighter than before.
And so I sat on the city wall, watching the sun as it continued its slow and graceful ascent into the sky. The noises of an awakening city reached my ears: the low rumble of wooden wheels on the road, hushed voices and bird song. It all sounded far away from me, and very removed.
I was suddenly aware of another person sitting beside me, and I wasn’t sure how long they had been there. I turned to look on instinct.
“Good morning,” Luke said to me in an extremely casual tone. “Why up so early?” he went on to ask, as if he didn’t notice the tired circles under my eyes or the blotches on my cheeks that came from crying.
“Just watching the sun,” I replied in an equally even and casual tone. “What about you?”
“Same story. I come out here most mornings. It’s peaceful,” he shrugged.
“I know.”
We sat in silence until only the littlest sliver of sun was missing from the almost completed circle. Luke stood up and offered me a strong hand. I took it and he pulled my gracefully to my feet. “It’s best to go in before Ree and the rest of ‘em wake up. Especially Ree,” he said.
“Why?” I asked with a slight frown.
“Because they just don’t like it, okay?”
“Okay,” I agreed readily enough.
I followed him back to the window I’d climbed through and just before we reached it he turned around and faced me.
“Do you think you’ll, you know… come out again tomorrow?” A hopeful note was hinted at in his voice.
“Sure,” I shrugged indifferently, but I couldn’t help feeling a little skip of joy in my chest – my heart, perhaps. He really did care.
I waited until I was safely back on the lumpy straw mat with my face turned to the cold stone of the floor to smile. And a large smile it was.

Last edited by Nightowl on 9/27/2009, 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/2/2009, 10:32 pm

x33 Oooooh! Do I smell romance?
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 1312The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 2412The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3349The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3548The Mind Thief ~ By Nightowl ~ [Unfinished] *Ch. 11 added!* - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/3/2009, 6:15 pm

Not romance between the people you're thinking about. xD And you'll have to wait a a really long time before you figure that out. Very Happy

I have more written. I think I shall go edit it now, so it can be added soon.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/4/2009, 11:24 am

Aww. xD Not fair!

Yay! Very Happy
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/4/2009, 7:38 pm

Hehe. xD

Okay, I just need to go and grab chapter six, and I'll post it before I get off. Twisted Evil
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/4/2009, 7:44 pm

Chapter Six
Times Goes On

That evening, after a day of trying to convince people to let me work for them for a small sum, I simply sat wrapped up in my blanket and cloak and talked to Ruby again.
She was a sweet girl, I had to admit, and the same age as me. Eleven. I told her a little more about myself – how my mother had died giving birth to me, how my father had disappeared, and about the Inspector and how he’d ejected me from my home. She was sympathetic, but I could tell she enjoyed talking more than listening. So I let her talk. She told me about Ree, who was the ‘leader’ of our group, and about Mer, and about all the others. After a while Mer turned out the single lamp.
“I’m going to sleep,” I said with a convincing yawn.
“Good night.”
“Night,” I replied, and lay my head against the scratchy straw. I was asleep within moments, peacefully.
And so the deserted building that backed onto the city wall become my home, and the people who lived in it a substitute family of a sort. Ruby and I became good friends, and we talked at every spare moment we had. I watched the sunrise every single morning; sometimes alone, and sometimes with Luke. On the days that he did come out, we talked about anything and everything, and he became even closer to me than Ruby. At least that was what I believed. I told him everything about my past life, and somehow talking about it made the nights easier to bear. But sometimes I caught him not listening and staring off into the hills, thinking about something else. And as I grew older, I caught myself falling in love with his smile, and his hands and his face and his words. But I also knew that he thought of me as only a friend.
I was mostly happy with my new routine, my simple job and my wonderful friends. Life, besides the foreboding approach of winter – a word that sent fear into the faces of all my companions and a chill into my heart – was nearly perfect.
Things were relatively peaceful – tame even – for the next few years. The ten of us lived comfortably in the abandoned building, living through begging (a last resort) and running errands and odd jobs for a coin or two. But we were kicked out of it midwinter of the year in which I turned thirteen. We found a fairly good shelter – though not half as nice as our old home – soon after, but the short three days of living, freezing cold as we were, in the snow drifted streets cost us more dearly than we could have imagined.
Sweet little eight-year-old Dune died after becoming so sick that he could hardly breathe. The following summer, Garret left without a word of notice, and never came back. We didn’t find out his fate until a good deal later, and it left us shocked and worried.
There were only eight members left in our group; myself, Ruby, Luke, Mer, Ree, James, Toby and Lilly.
I grew to understand them better than any other human beings in the world: deeper, on a different level. I came to know Mer as the gentle, motherly one; Ree as the passionate and hot-tempered leader and James was the serious, quiet boy. Luke was patient and confident, and Toby, being the youngest, was the light-hearted child, and Lilly too carried all the innocence of childhood on her sweet face. Ruby was understanding, curious and far more logical than me. I was the wild one, the dreamy one – the one who, to use the group’s eloquent description, had her feet planted on the wavering ground of a world entirely different from our own.

Last edited by Nightowl on 9/27/2009, 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/5/2009, 9:00 am

Awww. xP Snot!! I like people falling in love with each other.

But you're too right. :'(
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/5/2009, 1:29 pm

Yeah... want more? I could add up to like, chapter nine... xD
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/6/2009, 8:30 am

Sure! ;D
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/6/2009, 2:42 pm

Chapter Seven
The Conversation

Food was getting harder to obtain - more expensive, and scarcer than ever before. And when some of us lost our jobs, bad things began to happen.
The day I came home without even a copper coin in my hand, and James with the terrible news that his employer at the tavern had fired him; Ree flew into one of her nasty moods. It wasn’t directed at us of course, we knew that, but it was still a bad night for everyone. The inevitable loomed at the front of all our minds. We were not thieves, and we had planned never to be, but it had to be done. There was no other way to stay alive in the streets of the huge city.
It was because of this forced thieving that the authorities became more and more suspicious of our kind – the groups and individuals who roamed the streets at will with no real place to call home. We were not the only ones to now resort to lies and trickery. The homeless, we were named with scorn.
The authorities in question were the armed guards of the palace: the ones with the crest of a hunting hawk emblazoned on their uniforms. They wandered the city and these people who I once would have regarded with wonderment and awe became my most feared enemy. Those who were captured by them never returned.
But I knew also, why they watched me with narrowed eyes sometimes. I was never caught at anything wrong, but some day I knew I might be. A cold feeling was growing stronger in me day by day.
I went barefoot, even in the winter. Shoes were too expensive. My feet and legs were bruised – cut up – with infected sores occasionally. The loose black dress that was tattered at the hem only reached my knees and belted with a frayed leather strip, had patches all over it. My cloak had a long tear through it but I didn’t really mind. My hair, which was a tangled mess of curls, I usually left loose in order to obscure my face slightly and hide the smears of dirt on it.
At about this time, a strange incident that I didn’t think much of at the time happened. I was returning back to our hideout long after dark. It had been a day of no profit for me, and I was dreading Ree’s mood when I returned.
My footsteps slowed on the hard pavement and I slipped into the shadows as two men with swords strapped to their thick belts came from the opposite direction, talking loudly. I could tell they’d been to a bar or a tavern from their slurred speech, their dizzy half-walking. I remained still with barely a breath escaping my lips. If they found me, – drunk as they were – an unprotected fifteen year old girl, bad things could happen, far too easily.
I listened to their boisterous conversation as they passed on, but the snippets I heard from them as they receded slowly down the street didn’t concern me at all. I thought it was simply the result of too much alcohol.
“He thinks there’s another one of them Gifteds ‘round here some’ere. The daughter of that man that escaped –“
“When was zat?”
“Coupl ‘a’ years ago.”
“Right. We gotta find her ‘course. He wants ‘er for Airrys, ya knoow.”
“I know, you dolt!” An awkward thud sounded as the first man punched the other impatiently in the side.
“Never said you didn’t!”
“You implied…”
“Did not!”
I slipped away at this point because I knew the pair would most likely get into a fistfight. And I really didn’t need to be around to witness that, so I pattered down the cobblestone street as fast as I could go.
I never remembered that odd conversation until I heard the name Airrys for the second time.

Chapter Eight
Signs of Trouble

I sat beside Luke, as happy as could be, on the wall one evening, watching the sun “go to bed for a change” as he put it. Ruby and James were there too, speaking quietly to each other with worried expressions. I couldn’t hear what they were saying.
Luke and I hadn’t talked much that night, preferring the silent companionship that you get after being friends with someone for a long while. I glanced down at my lap, and that was when I saw the scars and the welts. I remembered seeing them the first time that we’d met – when he, Toby, Mer and Ree found me. But they looked a whole lot worse this time. On an impulse, I reached down and traced one of the healed cuts with me finger.
“Luke, what happened to you?” I asked, looking up into his eyes with a terribly concerned expression taking over my face. He bit his lip.
“Don’t concern yourself with it.”
“But you’re my best friend.”
“If you really must know…” he began, rolling his eyes slightly.
“Yes?”
“They’re whip marks.”
“From what?”
“I was caught last night.” He said no more, no explanation. A shudder ran over my shoulders and down my spine. He’d been caught stealing. This could be real unpleasant.
I touched one of the open cuts and he flinched but didn’t move away. “That really must hurt,” I said softly.
“It does,” he grunted, uncomfortable.
“You don’t need to be embarrassed about it,” I said.
“Yes I do. You wouldn’t understand why though, being a girl and all…”
I shoved him playfully with my elbow for that. My head brushed his shoulder for a moment and I considered leaving it there but I didn’t know how he would react so I sat straight up again. And plus, Ruby and her brother were sitting right there. What would they think? The sun was gone by this time, and I decided to return to the room.
“I’m gonna go sleep,” I said sourly. Luke got up as well.
“Don’t be mad,” he said playfully.
“I’m not,” I replied. “Just tired. Don’t worry.”
“Okay then. ‘Night.”
“G’night.”
The whip marks though, were only the beginning, and though they had nothing to do with the other… occurrences, they were simply the first of many strange things. Mer had the look of a frightened rabbit in her eyes constantly, and at night hushed whispers could be heard between her and Ree when they thought we were all asleep. I caught only one word, and that terrible word was ‘Inspector.’ Ruby too, became quieter and less talkative, and sometimes I caught her looking at me with an odd expression on her face.
And one day, as I walked by the castle, I felt something dark and cold penetrate my very mind. It made me shudder and I hurried away from it quickly. But as I left the area, I felt one last thing deep inside myself. A black and evil laugh sounded in my mind, and then there were words.
Testing your luck, aren’t you dear? Well, trust me Aria Flitten, you won’t be safe from me for much longer. And your little friends won’t be either.

Chapter Nine
The Storm

Things began to chill out a little for the next few weeks. We saw fewer of the guards, and jobs were a little easier to find. The odd voice and the laugh haunted my dreams in a way that I hadn’t been troubled since my father’s disappearance four years previous. I didn’t tell anyone though, and no one seemed to notice my preoccupied mood. They were all preparing for winter. We had enough money now to buy blankets and food, but it was pushing our limits.
We worked day and night to get ready, and Ruby confided that she was beginning to feel safe for the first time in weeks because of the small number of guards. I nodded my reply to her with a quick grin.
One blustery fall day, all eight of us decided to pay a quick visit to the market together. There wasn’t really a particular reason for it, only that we were glad to be done with our work and we needed a break. Luke stayed by my side almost the entire time, and I smiled secretly with pleasure. We traveled through the stalls almost all afternoon. We didn’t buy anything, and only looked on.
The rain began slowly, at first only with light, spaced out drops. Lilly grinned and stuck her tongue out to catch the rain upon it. I glanced up, and saw a crowd of foreboding thunderheads looming on the horizon. The rain began to pelt a little harder now, dampening my hair and letting rivulets of cold water slip down my face. I brushed a drip off my nose impatiently. Ruby and I chanced a quick look at one another, conveying a whole conversation through only a second or two of eye contact.
It’s the dry season, her eyes said.
Mine replied with an uneasy darting motion. I know. We have to get out of here.
People were heading home, deserting the bustling square as quickly as the rain had come. Most of the merchants remained where they were, trying to sell a few last items before leaving too.
Disturbance rippled uneasily through the remaining crowd, causing a few more mothers and children to hurry off, worry in their eyes. We didn’t think anything of it, but then we saw the soldiers.
James cursed under his breath, turning to Ree. “We need to get out of here,” he growled. “Now.”
Mer bit her lip, hard enough to draw blood. “Just blend with the crowd guys. It’ll be alright,” she added to assure Toby and Lilly.
Ruby shook her head and turned to me. “They’re looking for something. Probably people like ourselves.”
Luke spoke up, ”It’s true. Careful everyone.”
We melted into the milling people, but stayed in our little group, heads downcast, arms swinging as we walked. I was jostled between people, and I saw James and Ree slipping slowly away into the mass of bodies; it was too difficult to remain in a large group of eight. I assumed we would meet back at the alley, but fate apparently had something else in mind.
The rain started to pelt harder and harder, soaking my clothes and hair until I looked like a drowned rat.
Mer pulled both Toby and Lilly closer, her light footsteps taking her swiftly through the milling crowd. She had a delicate way of threading her way through busy places, and it was all Ruby, Luke and I could do to keep up with her. Soon, she’d led us out into a more open area and we were about to make a dash for the twisting maze of streets beyond the market square when they’d surrounded the six of us in a tight formation.
They were armed palace guards on horseback, carrying spears and swords with them as though they were after dangerous criminals. But we were only children: small, harmless children. I gripped Ruby’s hand tightly. She squeezed back and tried to give me a reassuring glance, but I could sense the terror that had widened her eyes so large.
I took a moment to notice how the torrential rain had stopped the very moment that the men had surrounded us. My heart thudded nervously as I ran my fingers lightly through my wet hair.
“These are the ones,” a man who was obviously the leader grinned with his good fortune. “Take them in and lock ‘em up - for stealing. All except for that dark haired girl with the big green eyes. The Inspector wants to see her as soon as possible. He’s got plans for that one.”
The rain dampened horses rolled their eyes, showing the white parts as they were spurred into a quick paced walk by the riders. The clomp of hooves on stone was the only sound to be heard. The men were stonefaced, staring directly ahead without so much as a glance at the awed city people who watched from windows and doorways at our steady little procession. They stayed around us in tight formation as we were escorted through the streets - the streets that became increasingly more resplendent as we neared the royal palace. And as things became more beautiful, my heart grew heavier.
I, Aria Flitten, was the dark haired girl with the bright green eyes.

Last edited by Nightowl on 9/27/2009, 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/8/2009, 12:06 am

Anyone else? Very Happy Please read this, I'd really be delighted...
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/8/2009, 12:41 am

AMAZING. A. Ma. Zing.

Oh, man, I think I know what Luke meant he said she wouldn't understand since she was girl. XD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/8/2009, 6:19 pm

Thank you Ratty! Very Happy

Yup, you're probably right. XD

I'll probably have more written by the weekend, not sure though.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 9/8/2009, 7:44 pm

Aw, poor, poor Luke. XD

Yay! cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/8/2009, 9:24 pm

Yeah I know... I think he's a rather - how shall I put this? - clueless boy. cheesy

I'm glad you like it. Very Happy
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/10/2009, 6:45 am

Yay! Awesome job. xD I feel really bad for all of the charries, though . . . I wanted things to stay happy for them!

But of course, that wouldn't have been a very interesting story. xp
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl 9/12/2009, 2:05 pm

Thanks Shadow. I have to go to a swim club meeting type thingy today, and I have homework to finish when I return home. Razz I promise to post chapter ten soon... It's half written. Smile
Nightowl
Nightowl
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 9/13/2009, 9:02 am

Okay! Smile Whenever you have a chance.
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next