The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most.

3 posters

Go down

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. Empty Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most.

Post by Yoshi'sLove 6/26/2010, 12:03 pm

I really want the song "Let's Dance" by David Bowie. Yes I do.

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. David-bowie-as-jareth-the-goblin-king-in-labyrinth1
"Let's dance. Put on your red shoes and dance baby....."
David Bowie is hawt. With a w.

I also like Vanilla Ice's remake of "Under Pressure" by Queen feat. David Bowie. I do believe "Under Pressure" was the only time Queen EVER sang with someone else on the same track.

If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Right now, my voice is gone. Normally? I'm an okay singer. I'm not great, but I'm good. But this week? I've been at a summer camp since Monday (I came home wed.), and the older girls (middle schoolers and high schoolers) are given the duty of singing to the younger girls.
We have a song that goes:
"Here we sit like skunks in the cabbage patch, skunks in the cabbage patch, skunks in the cabbage patch. Here we sit like skunks in the cabbage patch waiting for---"
And then we'll yell out the Unit number.
That camp is really big, and the farther back units have to be able to hear us. So, in result, we have to sing VERY loud.
Wouldn't you know it, I was in the front with my pants dance (hard to explain) buddy, Sarah, and we were screaming our heads off.
Later, the seniors (high schoolers-- middle schoolers are cadettes) who weren't singing said they could hear me and Sarah, and us only. Their camp is the last campsite up there, the very last. We were that loud. Which is pretty amazing, if you ask me. That camp is really big.
But, my voice has crapped out on me. I can sing, but not loud, and I have to watch my pitch, because if I go to high, my throat will literally close up. I think I strained something.
Conscious: Oh, you think?
Shut up, conscious.

Camp was actually pretty fun. Despite the fact that it was really super hot out there, it was awesome. The cadettes stay from Monday morning to Wednesday, but this year I stayed Sunday night too. There was some girls from farther north up the coast staying, but that's because they can't go home because they live four hours away. I live maybe 30 minutes from camp. So when you put together me and dirt/camping, you get sort of a mess. It's not as bad as three years ago when the only clean spot on me was where my underwear were. No joke. The girls in my unit put dirt down my shirt because they thought it was funny. Does that seem funny to you? Because it sure didn't to me.
Anyway, we get to go home Wednesday, and by then everyone's moaning about sleep and hot showers. (We only have a cold shower up there.) I, being the idiot I am, shouted, "Flushing toilets! Anyone?" and my favorite senior, Cheyenne (Who is exactly like me, I swear. She's even depressed for the same reasons), said, "Yes! Flush toilets!!"
With no connection at all, I'm going to talk about archery. We have a big archery field up there, and it's basically a big hill with a flat at the bottom. The targets (they're really nice ones) are set up at the base of the hill. Now, add third and fourth graders into that while I'm supervising. That's my idea of not fun. One girl was holding the bow by the string and trying to pull the handle (and we don't use compound, we use simple), and I don't think she was kidding around. Half of them did not know how to knock an arrow, even though they've been out there for three or four years. The new ones I can understand, but the two girls I was working with first I know have been out there before, because last year I was their cadette for a day. Anyway, unit three left, and they had at least fifteen girls, which is big, and unit four was left. There was nine girls in four. Three of them weren't shooting, they were sitting in the shade braiding their leader's hair. So, there was two targets open, and Beka (another cadette helping) and I asked if we could shoot because the girls were finally getting it. The range master didn't care. So, we grabbed the bows, which were huge for the girls, but pretty tiny for us, and let fly with arrows. Beka is amazing, even with her broken arm. She stuck all three of her arrows in the target, on the little targets printed on the front. I was okay. I stuck two in the bull's eye area, which was a wasp. I shot the wasp in both of the wings. I stuck the other one right in between the left and right circles. And it was pretty deep in the target. See, I can pull the string back all the way to past my ear, so that will usually get it stuck in the targets. I remember one time I was using my friend's compound, and I pulled it all the way back like that, and you know that compounds generate more power than simple bows, so I impaled the target. It was styrofoam, but the arrow was sticking out at least four inches in the back. The only reason it didn't go all the way in was because the fletching stopped it. You should have seen my friend's face. It was hilarious. I literally collapsed laughing.
Am I rambling?
Ah, who cares.
I'm really sunburnt.
Well, actually, most of it has turned into a tan by now, but yesterday my face was sunburnt again. The only good thing about the sunburn is that it evened out my tan on my arm from when I had a second-degree burn on my shoulder. It's not completely pale like it was before.
I still have scars on my shoulder from that weekend. That was like a month ago, and it's still sensitive. It hurts man.
What else can I babble about?
Oh, yes. Matt.
He's a senior's little brother, and he's annoying. The first day, he dumped a bottle of water over my head, which made the dye run out of my hair. We had dyed it green and blue that morning, and it was only temp dye, so it washed out. But when Matt dumped the bottle on my head, it ran all down my face and stained my shirt. I was ticked off.
I told the Tags (the little brothers and girls too young to be campers) to get him with water balloons. And they did. It was pretty awesome.
I've really ran out of things to type about, so.....
Bye?
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. Siggy
Female Posts : 1083

http://ranomlyrandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. Empty Re: Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most.

Post by Avé 6/26/2010, 12:12 pm

I love the title of your blog. This song has been stuck in my head all day. XD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. Empty Re: Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most.

Post by Miss_Mioko 6/26/2010, 11:15 pm

Camp was so FUN!!! I liked it a lot! Thank you for makeing me come with you!!! So much fun!
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 6/28/2010, 2:30 pm

Are you going to come next year?
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Miyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. SiggyMiyu's Random Crayola: Tone, tan, fit and ready, turn it up cuz it's getting heavy. Wild, wild, west coast, these are the girls I love the most. Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Mioko 6/28/2010, 9:57 pm

If you want me to.... *waits, hopefull look*
Miss_Mioko
Miss_Mioko
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1765

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 6/28/2010, 11:27 pm

Heck yeah! I'm going to try to get Alice and Truli to come too.
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down