The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins!

+6
xSophiexx16
rattyjol
twilighter3000
DreamCatcher81
Akeria
Arianna
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Empty Re: Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins!

Post by B 3/30/2010, 7:58 pm

Dana was shooken as she lay unconcious on the cold, cellar floor. "Wake up! Dana! WAKE UP!" Nothing worked. Her friend, Andrea, tried to slap her but she didn't wake up. After several hours on the cellar floor, Dana woke with green neon eyes. That was the only light in the room. She scanned the room, graffiti surronded them. One caught the pair's eyes: The word HEAVEN!. Not just one word, but a sentence. "Hell lives within your body, just look at this place. You will be harmed."
B
B
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 6404

http://nerds54.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Empty Re: Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins!

Post by rattyjol 3/30/2010, 7:59 pm

Um... Becca, you have to continue from the rest of the story and write a full chapter.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!
Female Posts : 15981

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 4/2/2010, 10:23 pm

*hangs head* Ratty-San, I'm sorry I killed it. Sad
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Siggy
Female Posts : 1083

http://ranomlyrandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/2/2010, 10:31 pm

'S all right. I think we're the only people who still even look at this anymore anyway. xD But it's fun, d'you wanna finish your chapter so I can continue? Very Happy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 4/3/2010, 12:01 am

Oh. Yeah.

Dana doubled over. "Oh, gosh..."

Craig looked at her, worried. The real Craig, not Garthe.

A thought struck her, and she suddenly grinned at him. "Craig... have you put on a little weight, buddy? Dang... I feel like I'm going to faint...."
And she did.

Merdock set about to caring for unconcious Dana, yet he still snuck glances at Craig, who's eyes where flashing red. Suddenly, he collasped also.

Well, what was he supposed to do with two passed out children, one of which seemed to be fighting a literal inner demon?

I hope that's long enough.... forgive me if it's not. But I feel that that is a really nice cliffie, don't you think? Very Happy
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Siggy

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/3/2010, 12:06 am

Awesome. Very Happy I'll do it later tonight, if I remember to. xD I also want to go back and reread everything... but yeah, it should be up by tomorrow. nod
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi'sLove 4/3/2010, 12:08 am

Alright! Whoo! Patiently waiting! Very Happy
Yoshi'sLove
Yoshi'sLove
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/3/2010, 3:59 am

Okay, just read the whole thing over... And now it's one in the morning and I'm about to fall asleep. rolleyes I'll try to start it, but IDK if I'll finish it tonight, and if I do, it's probably gonna be really crappy. xD Wish me luck.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 4/3/2010, 4:31 am

Dana woke, her hands clenched into fists by her side. She slowly uncurled and straightened her stiff fingers, making sure she could still move right. Her head pounded, worse than it had at home, and she still didn't know why. She sat up very slowly, gritting her teeth against the pain. She gradually became aware that she was back in her room, at the school. She ran her fingers through her mousy brown hair, combing it away from her face. Her ponytail was probably messed up, but really, who cared?

Feeling sick, she rolled out of bed and stumbled upright. She felt oddly far away from the ground and seemed to be having some trouble balancing. As she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror it quickly became apparent why.

Dana had aged again. Now, rather than a fourteen year old girl who looked fourteen, or even a fourteen year old girl who looked sixteen, she was a fourteen year old girl who looked eighteen. She stumbled over to the mirror, her long, thin fingers gripping the edges of the dresser beneath it so hard her knuckles turned white.

"Dana?"

A voice behind her made her whirl around on heel, violet magic already sparking in her palms.

Craig took a step back, his hands up in a "whoa, calm down, it's only me" gesture, his blue eyes wide in shock at her altered appearance. The violet light flickered out and Dana's hands dropped down limply to her sides as she stared at him. She didn't know what to think anymore. Everything was too complicated and confusing.

"Dana," Craig began quietly. "I have... something to tell you."

Dana continued to stare silently at him through blank violet eyes, her head spinning. She wasn't at all sure it could hold anything more, but she didn't try to stop him.

"I... I..." He never finished his sentence. His eyes flashed red for a split second before turning blue again. But this time, they were oddly vacant. His gaze drifted around the room before landing on Dana again.

"Oh, hello," he said dreamily. "Do you live here?"

Dana's temper flared. "No, I'm just here for my health," she practically snarled. "This is no time for jokes, Craig."

He tilted his head to the side a little. "Craig?" He looked around the room. "Who's Craig?"

---------------

Okay, yeah, really short and really crappy. Razz You can continue off this, if you want, even though it's not very long, or if you can't think anything I'll try to add something more tomorrow.
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Norazbud 5/2/2010, 5:36 pm

I'd would like to write a chapter too, but probably not today Smile
Norazbud
Norazbud
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Siggy
Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Siggy

Female Posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/2/2010, 5:50 pm

Okie dokes, whenever is fine. Smile It's not like anyone ever comes here anymore anyway. xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Norazbud 5/2/2010, 10:39 pm

rattyjol wrote:Okie dokes, whenever is fine. Smile It's not like anyone ever comes here anymore anyway. xD

You should advertise. Razz
Norazbud
Norazbud
Short Short Maker
Short Short Maker

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 SiggyContinue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 Siggy

Female Posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/2/2010, 10:41 pm

It's not my contest. And I think Ari's forgotten about it... xD
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/3/2010, 12:59 am

I haven't forgotten about it. xD The story can't end yet! D:
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/3/2010, 1:20 am

Oh, yay! Very Happy Just cuz you hadn't posted for a while and all... xD

Wait, so, since there aren't any TwigBucks anymore, what's the prize?
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna 5/3/2010, 9:50 am

Hmm... A special TwigAdopt? ^^
Arianna
Arianna
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Continue the story - Best Chapter Wins! - Page 4 461

http://www.pixelpuppy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 5/3/2010, 4:27 pm

This is so cool!! I'm so going to write a chapter!! It might not be up for a couple of days, but I'll write one!
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 412

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 5/5/2010, 3:21 pm

Here's my chapter. It's definitely not as good as some of the other chapters the rest of you wrote, but oh well. I tried.
_________________________________________________________________________________
“What are you talking about?” Dana asked in confusion. “You’re Craig.”

“I am?”

“Yes. You really didn’t know that?”

“No.”

At that moment Dana had an idea. “Do you know who I am?”

“No,” Craig said. “Should I?”

“Yes, you should. I’m going to try something, okay?”

“I guess so.”

“Good. This won’t hurt a bit.” Dana muttered an incantation under her breath. “How do you feel?” she asked.

“I feel the same.”

“Oh, no. This is bad,” Dana said.

“How bad?”

“Very. Come with me.”

Together they walked down the hall to Merdock’s room. Dana knocked on the door and walked in without waiting for an answer. “We have a problem,” she said.

Merdock looked confused. “What do you mean by that?”

“Craig lost his memories. I tried a spell that could’ve brought back memories blocked by even the strongest of spellcasters and it didn’t do anything.”

“This is not at all good,” Merdock replied.

“Nah, really?” Dana said sarcastically. “Fix him. Now.” Dana would’ve cried if she hadn’t been so upset already.

“I am not that sure I can. I will try my hardest, though.” Merdock started trying spells that should’ve helped Craig. They didn’t.

Dana walked across the room and sat down on the desk near the only widow in the room. “Craig,” she said, “do you remember anything?”

“This is going to make me sound insane,” Craig replied, “but I remember something about these weird creatures with glass faces and glowing red eyes. One particular one named Garthe.”

Dana drew in a breath. “You don’t sound crazy. There are creatures like that. They’re called Vredion. Garthe is–was–their leader.”

“How come he isn’t leader anymore?”

“Because, Craig, you killed him.”

Craig looked at Dana as if she were a mental patient that had escaped from the asylum. “What do you mean? I didn’t kill anyone. I couldn’t even if I tried.”

“The Vredion are evil things. They are not people. You killed Garthe because you were protecting me. Garthe had been about to kill me when you stepped in and used magic to kill him.”

“Magic?” Craig took a step back from Dana. “Magic doesn’t exist.”

Dana sighed. She was going to have to give him a demonstration. She whispered a few words into her hands, which then began to glow a bright orange. Within a few seconds she was holding a ball of fire the size of an apple. She hurled it at the wall. The flame caught the wall on fire, burned a hole in it then fizzled out. “Still believe magic doesn’t exist?” Dana asked.

Craig stared at the wall, the look on his face a perfect mix of horror and amazement. “H–how did you do that?” he stammered.

“I told you. It’s magic.”

“That should be im–” Craig stopped mid-sentence. “Wait, I can do stuff like that?”

“Yep.”

“Cool! When can I start learning?”

Dana realized that Craig’s reaction this time was completely different from his reaction the first time. “I don’t know.”

“Hmmm...,” Merdock said, finally giving up.

“What?” Dana said.

“This is very interesting.” Merdock sounded like he hadn’t even heard Dana. “Very interesting indeed.”

“What?” Dana said again.

Merdock waved his hand impatiently at her. “Hush, child. I am trying to think.”

Dana was not good with “hushing,” as Merdock had put it. She turned her back on him and faced Craig again. “We may be able to start your training tomorrow,” she said.

“Sounds good to me,” Craig said, smiling.

“Dana, come over here,” said Merdock.

Dana got up from her perch on the desk near the window, and walked over to Merdock. “What?” she asked.

“Did Craig by chance happen to tell you where he had gone off to before he lost his memories?”

“No. Why does it matter?”

Merdock didn’t answer her. He had lapsed back into silence, thinking.

Dana walked back to the desk, sat down and stared out the window. As she was looking at the landscape, she noticed something all too familiar that shouldn’t have been there. Two glowing red dots.

Dana gasped in surprise and blinked. When she looked again there wasn’t anything there.

“What’s wrong?” said Craig’s voice. She turned around and saw that he was directly behind her.

“Nothing,” Dana told him. “I thought I saw something. My eyes must have been playing tricks on me, because when I looked again there was nothing there.”

“Good.”

Dana turned away from him, looked out the window again–and had to stifle a shriek. The glowing red dots were back. She rubbed her eyes and looked again. They were still there. “Craig, come here,” she said.

Craig walked over to stand beside Dana. “Yeah?” he said.

“Do you see that?”

“See what?”

Dana pointed to where the red dots were. “That.”

Craig sucked in a breath and said, “I’ve seen those before.”

“That’s what the eyes of the Vredion look like.”

Merdock came up behind the two teenagers staring out the window as if in a trance. “What are you looking at?” he said.

Dana and Craig turned worried faces on Merdock. “There’s something waiting just on the edge of the property line,” Dana said. “Look.”

Merdock looked. “I see nothing,” he said.

Dana looked back out the window. Sure enough, the dots had disappeared once again.

“I have grave news for you,” Merdock said.

“Tell us,” Craig said.

“Are you positive you want to know?”

“Yes,” Dana told him.

“You are sure?”

“Just tell us!” Craig and Dana said at the same time.

Merdock sighed. “Alright then,” he said. “I will tell you.”

“So tell us,” Craig said after Merdock had been silent for a few moments.

“Craig’s memories have not been blocked. They aren’t somewhere in his mind, hidden away. They have been stolen completely. Someone or something went into his brain and when they came out they took his memories with them. The only way he will get them back is if we find and kill the person or thing that took them.”
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by rattyjol 5/5/2010, 7:10 pm

Ooh, love it. cheesy
rattyjol
rattyjol
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

My TwigAdopts!
My DragCave Scroll!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hahaha818 5/6/2010, 5:10 pm

Thanks, Ratty! Yours are better than mine, though.
Hahaha818
Hahaha818
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4