The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROADWAY && 72nd STREET [post away!]

+6
littletoes101
shadowsowner888
kindro
Horsey
EmmaRosa
truckthewolf
10 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BROADWAY && 72nd STREET [post away!] - Page 5 Empty Re: BROADWAY && 72nd STREET [post away!]

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 12:51 am

Gavyn nodded in agreement, her mind beginning to reel. Very slowly, memories from when they had been pups began to play back in her mind. All the falls they took, and the laughs they shared. She pushed away the thought and eased her eyes back on her alpha. She stood, as well, and joined him on the otherworldly mountain of trash. She sat down, leaning against the male. Her body pressed against his, their fur intermingling.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Female Posts : 1069

Back to top Go down

BROADWAY && 72nd STREET [post away!] - Page 5 Empty Re: BROADWAY && 72nd STREET [post away!]

Post by truckthewolf 7/7/2010, 12:59 am

Cache sneezed after he sat down, shaking his head and burring himself under his paws for a moment before standing up as Gavyn came back over to his side. The brute smiled as she leaned closer to him, feeling her warm body on his. Again he couldn't believe how big she had gotten; its gotta be the trash. Givin' em growth spurts. He thought to himself, smiling hardly. The brute wrapped his long neck and crooked muzzle over the back of Gav's neck for a moment, closing his eyes gently.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Female Posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 1:03 am

Gavyn closed her eyes as he wrapped his neck around her. She felt so warm, so right, there with him, pressed against him. It was..weird, and yet completely satisfying. It was..hard to explain. It just felt..perfect. She placed her paw on his lightly, showing that she wanted to hold him as well, but didn't want him to let go. She rubbed her head against him slightly, so to not discomfort him. She sighed lightly, out of pure delight.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/7/2010, 1:20 am

Cache felt her breathing ease and heard her quiet sigh; they made him smile with guilty satisfaction. He yawned silently, curling around her tighter as Gavyn placed her paw on his. He was comfortable there - felt at home and safe for once... But he quickly tried to come back to reality, realising it wasn't all fun and games and there were lives that depended on his judgement. The deep thought made him sigh, then turn into a ferocity. The brute pulled away in a quick jerky motion and he turned aside, staring first down at the silent and motionless ground beneigth him, then up at the bright and twinkling sky.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 1:27 am

Gavyn, surprised and quite hurt mentally, looked at him, tears welting in her eyes. She felt odd, abandoned, vulnerable. She shook her head. She was so stupid! So naive! How could she offer herself to him like that? He was her alpha! She was a follower, and she couldn't treat him like that. But why had she thrown herself out like that? One simple, extremely silly, yet very meaningful, four letter word. She was doing this for love.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/7/2010, 1:37 am

The brute's heart sunk as he continued to think about the situation he had gotten caught in, but took a steeper plummet when he realised what he'd just done to the feamale who'd been with him the entire time. "I, uhm Gavyn I'm sorry. You didn't do anything... Everything that's been happening has been really stressful, its more than I've had to handle in a long time. With the Toxins and what the war's doing to our.. family. And it's going to get worse, I know it. We're not going to stop..." He trials off, mumbling some of his words and strengthening others. But after a few silent moments the leader turned back to his closest female friend, other than Arizona. "It has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry." He repeated, aqua green eyes meeting hers' sincerely, for what was probably the first time in his life.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 1:42 am

Gavyn turned her eyes onto his, tears falling from them, streaming down her face in effortless mute. She shook her head. "No..Cache, look...It's not your fault.." She sniffled, tears falling through the gaps in her teeth and landing on her tongue. "It's mine, for being so...I don't know..For thinking that..For throwing myself..." She broke into hard, noisy sobs that more than dampened her face. She leaned her head down, so that he wouldn't be able to see her face.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/7/2010, 1:51 am

"Gav? Gavyn don't... don't cry.. I'm honestly telling you the truth, it had nothing to do with you. I'm sorry." He told her again, voice becomming more and more sincere as he spoke. He didn't want to make her cry like she was...
And in all honestly, the brute didn't know what to do. He never had to comfort anyone, he never had to help anyone, and with the exception with his first year of life, he hadn't even cried himself. He just, didn't know what to do. The male awkwardly placed his paw forward, wiping away a few of the fea's tears with his large paws. "Please dont.. dont cry." Max said softer still,
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 1:30 pm

Gavyn continued on with her loud sobs. She didn't know how to stop, and yet she was determined to do so. She shook her head, but accepted the help from Cache, his paws wiping away her large tears. She let out a long and loud sigh as she tried to cease her tears, but, unsuccessful, she still breathed long, wavering breaths, pulling them in through her mouth. She let out a long sigh, and the tears finally stopped as she turned her eyes away from Cache. She felt slightly criminal, an omega trying to make her alpha fall for her, like she had fallen for him long ago. But she knew Cache would accuse her of nothing, and that he would accept her, no matter what. She let out another sigh, then finally looked at the male, her eyes bleary.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/7/2010, 4:59 pm

Cache watched intently as the young female moved her head away, trying to stop her hysterical tears. He didn't know what he was feeling at the moment, like how a big blob of feelings all tangle and you can't tell which one you're feeling the most. Except, he felt nothing. The brute felt nothing at all, yet felt like he had a big mix of emotions inside; it wasn't like him at all. Max knew what he was feeling all the time and wasn't afraid of showing it - as displayed before... - but what was it about this time that had him in a state of disorientation?
Finally Gavyn looked up again, an he attempted to appease her with a gentle smile.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/7/2010, 8:24 pm

Gavyn lifted the corners of her mouth in a pitiful attempt at a smile. She laughed lightly at her silliness, then met the eyes of her alpha. Inside, she felt..empty, and yet recharged, sad, and yet uplifted, hated, and yet she felt loved. She looked up at her old friend, knowing that their relationship would last forever, as long as their natural lives would. She tried again to smile, and this time, she did, genuinely happy. She kept her eyes on her alpha's, and said, "Thanks, Cache."
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/8/2010, 3:29 pm

The brute finally cracked a half-decent smile as soon as Gav spoke. "Youre welcome." He said as soft as she did. Cache pulled himself and finally started to relax, calmer than he was before. He scooted next to the femle to try and comfort her a little more before meeting her eyes briefly, turning out towards the sky after a few silent moments.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/8/2010, 5:19 pm

"Hey..Cache?" Gavyn said, her eyes staring into his. She could see her face shining in his beautiful eyes, and she was surprised at how distraught and out of place she looked. But, she didn't care; it didn't matter how she looked, although it would help if she looked the least bit attractive. "Can I ask you something?" she muttered, letting a small smile slide across her lips. She was nervous, and butterflies were flying in her stomach, but, she came out and asked. "What..." she let out a long sigh. Could she do this? "What do you.." She would have to try. "What do you think about me?"
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/8/2010, 11:47 pm

Cache was a bit hesitant at her stuttering and... Well, hesitation. When she finally managed to ask the question in an entire sentence, he turned slightly, looking over the city. "What I think of you...?" he repeated it to himself, then turned back to look at Gavyns eyes. "I think you're loyal, and would do anything for what you love. I think you're daring and protective; sensitive, and yet strong. Powered by you and the ones you loves' will, determined. I think you're a best friend and I'm lucky to have you; that anyone who let go of you doesn't know what they're missing. That I'm proud to call you a friend and more, proud to have you by my side."
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/8/2010, 11:58 pm

Gavyn brightened at what he said. She put on a grin, and yet, she still felt..un-answered. That's not, at all, what she meant, but she would accept it, none the less. He was a brute, and he probably didn't like expressing his true feelings, if he had any. But she smiled anyways, knowing that he meant what he had said. They were best friends, and nothing would ever change that, unless she spoke up, which, at the moment, she highly doubted. She leaned into her best friend, her mejor amigo, bästa vän, her primer amor verdadero and looked up at the stars.

[TRANSLATIONS? mmkay. :3

mejor amigo-best friend in Spanish

bästa vän- best friend in Swedish

primer amor verdadero- first true love in Spanish]

kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/9/2010, 12:05 am

Cache relaxed as she smiled, smiling a bit in return. He wasn't the best at showing emotions and often couldn't tell anyone what he was feeling; though, he often picked up on what others were feeling without saying anything quite well; he just chose not to talk about them.
The brute leaned up against Gavyn, releasing a sigh of relief and closing his eyes finally, feeling her energy next to him.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/9/2010, 12:11 am

"Cache.." Gavyn muttered into his front leg. Fur caught in her mouth, and she pulled her head away, to look at his face. "Can I..tell you something?" she asked, her eyes bleary, for whatever reason. She put on a smile. "Ever since.." She took a deep breath, preparing herself. "Ever since we were pups, I've always dreamed about, one day, us, being in love, being the alpha wolves of our own pack, running it, together, side by side, and, you, telling me, each and every day that you love me, and me returning those same words, 'I love you'." She smiled. "I haven't changed much since I was little." She looked up, seeing if any look of realization crossed his face.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/9/2010, 12:30 pm

Cache pulled his long stare away from the sky to lock it on Gavyn again, blinking his large eyes casually before pricking his ears up as she began to talk.
"Uh.. uhm..." He stuttered timidly before standing up, his large tail swaying freely back and forth before ducking between his legs. "Gavyn," he started, not wanting to make her cry by his words, but knew he was going to no matter what, so just let his words carry him. "Listen, Gav.. I like you too, just.." He shook his head, then let out a sigh, "you're mistaken. I'm not a wolf... this isn't a pack. I can't live like nothing will come to hurt us. I have others to protect and I have to live for them before I can live for myself. I'm sorry, Gavyn." His eyes traveled downwards towards the ground, then towards the side and away. The brute slowly swayed his body, taking staggering steps down the trash pile, small peices of rubbish falling after him.
Still living for his gang, still breaking hearts. Of course. Because they go hand in hand, and one without the other is just not possible.
The brute crawled through the lot, comming up to a pile of trash where an old cars hood lay cradled in the pile; blankets and stuffed animals were scattered and spread out inside of it. Cache pulled himself up the pile, and into the hood, circling a few times before settling down and resting his head over the edge.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/9/2010, 11:47 pm

Gavyn shook her head, tears falling from her eyes. She knew that she shouldn't have told him that; it was a secret that she kept between her, herself and the lamppost. She let out a humongous sigh, and decided that there was no reason to live much longer; the one she loved had turned and said that he didn't love her back. So, what was there to live for? As tears fell, play listed by wavering breaths, she staggered down the trash heap, not trying whatsoever to be careful, though she wanted to look nice when they found her. She shook away the thought of being found as she skittered to a halt on the ground. She trotted out of the dump and down a long alleyway, stopping inches from the side walk. Shadows of people casted upon her, and she only slunk forward when they did. Soon, her paws had met the wet, white concrete, and she scampered across, ducking into some bushes. She hid, her eyes peering out onto the street, trying to decide when to jump out and be struck.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/10/2010, 12:52 pm

The brute watched her from his cavern for as long as he could - stagger down the trash pile and wander around before finding her way out into the alley way. Cache sighed, but didn't think much of it; he had told her the truth. Even if it did hurt, it was the truth. He knew that she was strong and wouldn't do anything, expecially if she lived for this gang. Sure, it was a family, but families have fights, dont they?
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/10/2010, 3:06 pm

Gavyn watched a long, green charter bus chug forward. It's stop was several blocks up. If she jumped now, there would be no way that the tires could miss her; the driver would see her too late, and the bus would ultimately crush her small body. It would be painless as the two-ton bus plowed over her body; she would die within seconds, but her body would stick around, getting all messy and sickeningly slim and flat. But, who would care? Obviously not Cache. He would be sad, yeah, but did it matter? No. Her ears flattened against her skull. Why was she thinking about that sick brute? Sure, they had been friends, but nothing more than that. So, would he care?

Yes. He would. Gavyn let out a long sigh. "What am I doing?" she asked herself. She shook her head at the sound of her voice, hoase, brittle and crying for a drink of water. She let out another long sigh. Getting myself killed, she thought. She looked up to the sky through the gaps in the branches of the bush. She let out a low growl. Why was she being so..dramatic? So naive? Because I'm young, she concluded in her mind. Suddenly, she felt a hard, stone-like surface under her paw. It was smooth and hard. She moved her paw and saw a dark green emerald-colored stone staring back up at her. She picked it up and looked at it better. When it caught the light, it shone blue and green and she was instantly reminded of Cache. Tears built in her eyes. She slid the stone into one of her socks, and exited the bushes.

The bus was rolling down the street. The driver was going fifteen or twenty over the limit. The driver, a man, burly, probably one hundred pounds over weight, with a "solar-panel" spot on his head where his graying black hair was absent. His skin was dark, yet had the beginning of wrinkles. Of course, America found yet another way to under-pay Mexicans. His big green bus stopped way before it's stop; the passengers were screaming. "A wolf!" one screamed, and the others had dropped everything to look out the windows. Sure enough, there was a big, black wolf trotting down an alleyway on the other side of the street, towards the big city dump.

Nobody would die today.
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/10/2010, 3:45 pm

The brute was shifting in his sleep, from a light sleep where just about anything could wake him, to a deep sleep, and then deeper still. Soon he was in a state where nothing -or close to it- would or could wake him. It was this state where his dreams haunted the back of his mind, and only this state. He only got this far into a sleep after a long day where a lot of things were troubling him; but the thing was: nothing was bothering him. At least he thought.
Where was Gavyn going, why so late?
What was he going to go about the war; the bitter rivalry that was killing tens on each side?
How could his members, his followers cope if he himself was slowly becomming unable to cope?
But something that irked him the most was, when will it end?
When would the entire thing come crashing down; how long would it take? The long recovery process after it ends is what bothered him about the entire situation. What if nothing can be done?

Questions that have to be waited out.
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/11/2010, 1:22 am

Gavyn was soon back in her home; the city dump. She pulled in a long breath, releasing it soon after, as well as her worries about being embarrassed. She put on a smile, trotting forward, towards the huge trash heap. She spotted her car, but ignored it as she slid towards Cache. She trotted--or rather skidded-- towards the hood that he was laying in. Once she reached it, she hopped in as well, shaking the whole thing. She lightly tapped his leg, feeling the stone shift in her sock when she did so. She tapped him again, this time a bit harder. "Cache..Cache, wake up!" she said, harshly. When that didn't work, she tried, "Max! Maxamillion!"
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by truckthewolf 7/11/2010, 7:18 pm

The brute was in a deep dream state; "Hey... Hey Cache. Cache..." It whispered. He grumbled, rolling and thrashing. "Wake up, now. Wake up!" it whispered again, a harsh voice now. Getting deeper and deeper untill it was growling in his ear. The male suddenly woke up, shocked as he spun in his seat, eyes wide as he tried to understand where he was. The voice lightened a lot, and he found it was Gavyn, proading him. "Im sorry. What's wrong Gavyn?" He asked casully, blinking wearily.

Last edited by truckthewolf on 7/14/2010, 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
truckthewolf
truckthewolf
Flash Fiction Scrawler
Flash Fiction Scrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by kindro 7/12/2010, 1:42 am

"I'm sorry for being so..dramatic," Gavyn replied, looking the brute in the eyes. She could feel the cold green rock press against her fur, burrowing down to her skin. "I..can't believe it..but..I almost committed...suicide..And if that's not dramatic, I have no clue what is." She rolled her eyes at herself. "I've been..naive..stupid these last few days, and I can't explain why, because, I, myself, do not know." She shook her head for emphasis. "But, I hope we can forget this all happened and move on."
kindro
kindro
Novella Composer
Novella Composer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next