The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Jealousy's Wings *

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

On Jealousy's Wings * Empty On Jealousy's Wings *

Post by Avé 2/23/2010, 12:44 am

REFERENCE THREAD --> click

Maturity - Some violence, possible romance
    Fantasy - Elemental magic

On Jealousy's Wings * 25exwsi

i invite you to a world where there is no such thing as time
- - - - - - or so they say
every creature lens themselves to change your state of mind
    She really hated the night sky.

At times, it just seemed so arrogant. Call her crazy for thinking that of something so beautiful- let alone calling something that feels no emotion at all vain- but to her, it was true. No matter how miserable or horrible life can be, you can always walk outside and still see the moon dominating the sky and the stars shining so brightly around it. Even at the worst times in life, it's always going to show off it's whole dang array of lights, and that is what just about ticked her off.

She gave her head a needed shake. She liked to go out running so that she could clear her head of thoughts she didn't want, but they always came racing back. With a heavy sigh, she pressed the pause button on her iPod Shuffle, tugging on her blue jogging shorts as she did so. The sound of the music stopped, so she took the headphones out of her ears. She knew she had to be alert because right now, she was nearing the town center, the one place where outcasts and elite members of society mingled- which, for obvious reasons, resulted in a high level of crime around that area.

Her shoulders relaxed and her body wasn't so tense anymore as she passed the large town center and approached the quiet forest that always seemed to be deserted. The hair on the back of her neck rested there calmly now since she knew she was fairly safe around here - hopefully. The moon was high in the sky as she turned the corner into the cemetery. The first time she came here, she remembered thinking about how eerie it was, but now it seemed more peaceful than anything. She slowed down as she reached her father's grave. She didn't get as sad anymore when she saw it, considering she had been here so many times before. She debated between continuing running or stuopping at his gave. It wasn't that she was here to pay her respects to the dead, but eventually, she decided she would rest for a moment, figuring taking a breath wasn't so bad of an idea.

Shrugging, she walked over to the small bench under one of the large trees in the graveyard. Sitting down slowly, she shivered and pulled her legs up beside her. She let out a breath and looked around, waiting and watching for any glimpse of Deramyl, probably her best friend at the time. He should have been arriving any minute now.

the curiosity can kill the soul but leave the pain
- come out & play
& every ounce of innocence is left inside her brain

out of character I hope this is good. :3
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)
    lyrics Her Name is Alice, by Shinedown
    credit Template by me, pictures by folieadeux and R E V E R S E of Caution 2.0.

Last edited by Avé on 6/8/2010, 2:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

On Jealousy's Wings * Empty Re: On Jealousy's Wings *

Post by shadowsowner888 2/24/2010, 5:40 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl really knew he should’ve been hurrying, but he couldn’t help but slow down as he got to the edge of the forest. He never understood how some people - especially girls - could get so leery of it. As if anything was hiding in there! Truth be told, it was probably the safest place in the entire outcast section of G’thala. There were no officials here to pick on them.
----- The moon’s light faded into shadows cast by the trees as he continued to make his way to the cemetery within the trees. Deramyl grinned as he walked along, a cheery swing coming into his step. Yeah, everyone else is crazy if they don’t love this place. It was just really great to be able to have one place in the whole God-forsaken land to come and relax, be at peace, and let the worries drift away.
-----One of the cool parts was that, at his presence, the trees themselves seemed to become a little happier. Withered old oaks straightened, maples gave their branches friendly rustles, and everything just seemed so alive. Of course, that was probably only Deramyl’s magic rubbing off onto them . . . he had no urgent need for it out here, so he liked to let it flow out into his surroundings. He felt he owed the forest at least a moment of liveliness, considering how often he came here.
-----He let himself slow even further, folding his hands behind his back and taking in everything around him. It was too nice here to miss anything, even on a night that was sure to turn out eventful like this. With less and less places to ever be comfortable in your own skin, what with the ever-growing number of elite officials that were beginning to take up guard duty around where he lived. Sometimes he wished he could just murder all the elites and be done with them. He was thoroughly sick of having to not only live such a plain life but one so threatened.
-----It was almost too soon when the graveyard was within sight, though. Deramyl put himself back into a serious mood, knowing what he and Alusi were about to do, but he still couldn’t keep a hint of brightness out of his system. It was just too hard to avoid that when he came to the forest.
-----Hey Alusi,” he greeted her quietly as he finally walked into the graveyard, hardly giving a moment’s thought to the tombstones that speckled the terrain here. Deramyl made his way to where his friend was sitting and plopped down beside her on the worn bench, leaning back against it as if it were the comfiest seat in all of G’thala. “Did I keep you waiting long?
-----Likely, the answer was yes. He couldn’t expect anything else, after letting himself get caught up in the forest for so long, as usual. At least they had time, though . . . after all, the guards usually didn’t watch the fence very heavily. It would be a cinch to sneak over to the elite side.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - It’s great! x3 Man, you really know how to make your posts look professional. How did I do? As you can see, I stuck some lyrics in after all. xD I had an inspiration for more of his personality.}
{lyrics - By Myself, by Linkin Park}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * 1312On Jealousy's Wings * 2412On Jealousy's Wings * 3349On Jealousy's Wings * 3548On Jealousy's Wings * 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/24/2010, 6:31 pm

Alusi shivered once more, silently scolding herself for not wearing anymore than a pair of blue shorts and a white cami- her usual jogging attire. She had known it was going to be cold out, didn't she? After all, in these days of winter, pretty much every day was at least a little chilly. For a moment, she considered running back to the small apartment that she lived in with her mom to get a sweatshirt, but then figured it would take too long, no matter how short the distance was. She wanted to be here when Deramyl arrived, and that would hopefully be soon.

It was then that she heard the footsteps. She couldn't help but get a little startled; after all, not everyone here was always a friend, and there was always a chance it could be an elite official ready to snatch her up and then put her in a cage to die. She was gladly reassured when she turned around to see her best friend, Deramyl Kungis, approaching her. The moment he made his way over to sit down beside her, she felt happier, safer, even. In a world like this where everyone seemed to be living a lie, it was nice to have someone she could trust. Hopefully tonight wouldn't take that one someone away from her, though.

She looked up at him as he greeted her. "Hey," she responded, rubbing her hands together to get warmer. She shook her head as he spoke again. "No, not at all," she said, though it had seemed like a rather long wait. Either way, she had enjoyed having the extra time so that she could build her some confidence. Tonight was going to be a frightening one, she was sure of it.

With a sigh, she stood up, turning around so that her back was facing Deramyl, and staring up at the fence. They could easily slip right under it and on the other side was a long stretch of forest for another mile or so, she had heard. That meant that for at least a little bit, they would be safe. That didn't matter; her stomach was beginning to hurt either way. It wasn't like her to be this nervous, but when it came to something that could mean changing her life forever- and not in a good way-, well, that kind of tended to freak her out just a tad. She closed her eyes for just a second, opening them as she turned back around. "Are you sure about this?" she asked him, a worried expression crossing her face.

- come out & play

out of character Oh, gosh, I love it. =D Especially the color. xD And the lyrics, too. I love that song.
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/24/2010, 7:11 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl examined Alusi's face as he nodded, offering her a reassuring grin. If he really was a hundred percent sure about it, of course, he'd be crazy. But if he told the truth now, they’d likely just end up chickening out, and he wasn’t going to let that happen. It’d taken forever just to work themselves up to this point. “Positive. I’m not backing out now. Are you?” His expression became a challenging smirk.
-----It would be easy, anyway. Maybe if they had enough time, they could even sneak into an elite home and steal some clothes so they’d look like they belonged there. They were breaking the rules by crossing to the other side in the first place, so it wouldn’t do any more harm to go all the way. Either way they were just about as likely to get caught, probably a fifty-fifty chance. And Deramyl was betting on the positive half of that fifty to get them safely home after the little adventure was over.
-----Suddenly he wondered what it would be like if they stayed there for the rest of their lives. Could that even be accomplished? It was a tempting possibility . . . he doubted they could accomplish it without murdering anybody, though, and the elites probably weren’t that stupid so as to fail to notice a pair of random newcomers. It was already obviously a very, very bad and impossible idea.
-----Besides, Deramyl reminded himself, I wouldn’t just do that even if I did have the chance. The government needs to get taken down, and that’s not gonna get accomplished if I suddenly get thrown into a life of luxury. No way will I let that happen until justice is served. If there was one thing in the world that annoyed him more than anything else - no, not annoyed, disgusted him - it was the government of G’thala. It was just so . . . sick. So sick. Why did they even show elites favoritism in the first place? What was so special about them? There’s gotta be some reason. Someday I will beg to the bottom of this whole system. He nodded to himself, his expression dead serious.
-----About then was when he remembered that Alusi was watching him, so he quickly smoothed his face over into a lighter expression. Though he didn’t doubt she was capable of doing something when he finally started taking action, he wasn’t quite so sure he wanted to involve her. It wouldn’t be fair to put her in any sort of danger.
-----Hah, that’s a good one. Isn’t that what I’m doing now, anyway?

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Yay! Very Happy Thank you!}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * 1312On Jealousy's Wings * 2412On Jealousy's Wings * 3349On Jealousy's Wings * 3548On Jealousy's Wings * 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/24/2010, 7:57 pm

Alusi returned the grin with a half hearted smile. Though that was reassuring, what he said made her nervous. Did she want to back out? Surely after all this planning, she wouldn't do something so stupid and just throw it all away. This was their chance to change things, and even though they would probably get killed trying, she was willing to do it anyway. She frowned; she was such a pessimist, and she had always hated that about herself. What a contradiction.

Taking one more deep breath, she nodded. "No," she said as she exhaled, nodding slowly as if still unsure. She folded her arms across her chest, biting her lip. She glanced at the wall again, scared. She shook her head, knowing she had to be tough if they really wanted to do this right. She turned around to Deramyl again, nodding again, but this time more confidently. "Of course not," she repeated, though it was more firm now. "We're gonna do this."

With a sigh, she began to make her way towards the fence, walking so close to it that her body was practically pressed up against it. Her small fingers traveled along the cold, hard wire, pulling on it once or twice. She swallowed, closing her eyes again and then opening her mouth to speak, still not facing Deramyl. "I'll go first," she began, her voice cracking, possibly because of the cold. "If anyone dies, it's going to be me." She felt the need to protect him - she always felt that way among her friends. Well, her only friend. She didn't want to be responsible for his death. After all, he had so much more worth in the world than she did.

- come out & play

out of character I was listening to Invisible as I typed this. Very Happy

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/24/2010, 8:14 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl resolutely followed Alusi to the fence, looking along its length as if he could see where it ended. It certainly didn’t end anywhere near here. Just as the government’s end is probably nowhere near, either. At that discouraging thought Deramyl gritted his teeth, vowing even more certainly that he would overthrow them some day.
-----When Alusi stated she would go first, Deramyl raised a skeptical eyebrow. He had the urge to argue, and say that he would be the only dead one here if he could help it. But, rather than arguing, he just nodded in acceptance. “If you say so.” Better to just let it happen than debate over it now and get caught by over-curious guards before they could even go through with the trespassing. But then he grinned. “Kinda funny you’d suggest that, though. Don’t you think it’s a bad idea to talk about death here?” He waggled his eyebrows, glancing back at all the graves. “Wouldn’t want to give the spirits any suggestions, now would we?” It was nice to joke around. It helped Deramyl prove to himself that life wasn’t all about fighting for survival and justice.
I wonder what it’s like there. The thought flitted through his head quite suddenly, and Deramyl found himself filled with utter curiosity. Probably everything was beautiful and clean, and everyone was always smiling . . . now he was actually glad they were about to sneak over. Even just to see it once would be kind of nice . . .

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Listening to Invisible is smart. xD Unlike what I did. When I made my last post, I was listening to Undead.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/24/2010, 8:33 pm

She let out a laugh as he said that. It wasn't a loud laugh, more just like a chuckle to remind herself that yes, it was still possible to be happy. Maybe.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she inhaled, pursing her lips. "Here I go," she breathed, blinking her eyes open. She slowly dropped to her knees so she could easily fit under. They really should have built this better than it had been, though she knew it was to their benefit that there was such a large gap at the bottom. All she had to do was crawl, really, and so that's what she did. The wire scraped her neck, but she didn't mind; soon enough, she was over on the other side. And dang, it was beautiful.

The trees were enourmous, the grass actually cut and looked healthy, the whole atmosphere was just amazing. This was what made her happy; so happy, in fact, that she didn't think it would be that wrong to play a little joke on Deramyl. A smirk playing on her lips, she let out a short scream, hoping to scare him a bit. Instantly, though, she threw her hands over her mouth, not realizing how stupid she had been. Someone could have heard that and ran over, saw she was an outcast, and kill her or something like that. And she knew that would do no good for either of them. She cursed under her breath until she realized no one seemed to have heard, considering they were out in the middle of the forest. Her shoulders relaxed slightly, though she still couldn't wait for Deramyl to get over. Hopefully he wouldn't be angry.

- come out & play

out of character Smart, very smart. xD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/27/2010, 2:47 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Alarm instantly coursed through Deramyl's veins as Alusi let out a shriek. "Lus?!" he exclaimed with widened eyes. [swear] it, I should never have let her go first! I should've gone instead! Images whirled through his mind of his closest friend being captured by guards, tortured until she confessed whatever crime they decided she'd committed, and then killed . . . "Hang on, I'm coming!"
Deramyl flung himself to the ground and crawled beneath the fence as quickly as he could, trying not to get himself hooked on the wire or anything. Thankfully, he made it to the other side within a few seconds and without incidence. However, what he did see was utterly unexpected. There were no guards, Alusi was simply standing there, and things . . . well, they looked a lot better than they had on his side - the outcast side - of the fence.
-----Still, he wasn't going to relax yet. "What happened?" he demanded, putting his hands on her shoulders and staring into her eyes, searching for any sense of injury or terror. "Are you okay?" It didn't even occur to him that, just maybe, he had been duped. As far as he knew, Alusi wouldn't do something like that.
-----What Deramyl was confused about, however, was the calm look in her eyes. She didn't seem to be in any danger at all, though you could never tell. Maybe one of the guards had shot her with some kind of a tranquilizer dart? His own head whipped from side to side, searching for whatever had made Alusi cry out.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Hey, maybe Charlotte and Ter can come in now! Very Happy}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/27/2010, 3:29 am

Alusi shook her head quickly. "Deramyl... everything is fine," she said to him with a sigh. She brought her hands up to her shoulders, taking his hands and holding them firmly to reassure him. "I was just so excited... I didn't think a little joke wouldn't hurt. I'm sorry," she finished, biting her lip. She regretted it now; she hadn't known he would react like that, and couldn't help but feel bad that she had made him worry. She let go of his hands, turning around slowly and facing the large forest in front of them.

She felt the corner of her lips begin to twitch into a small smile as she spun around once. "Deramyl, just look at this!" she exclaimed, instantly forgetting what had just happened and hoping he would too. For once, she actually felt glad, and to add to that, she hadn't even expected happiness when they reached the elite side. She took a few steps, breathing in the fresh air and feeling her grin grow wider.

Her gaze traveled to a pond in the distance. She could barely see it between the trees, but it looked beautiful- everything looked beautiful right now. The moon was shining on it and the stars danced all around it. Despite what she had been thinking before, the night sky wasn't to be hated so much when it was painted on such an amazing canvas like the water. She glanced at her friend for a moment as her eyes grew brighter, and then faced the forest again, racing towards the lake. She didn't know what had gotten into her; she felt wild, out of control. But she couldn't help herself, everything seemed so different!

Big mistake. She didn't get far until she saw a figure up ahead. She couldn't stop in time, though. She tried and failed miserably; Alusi ended up on the ground, staring up at what she could tell was now a girl. Taller than her. Prettier than her. Probably wealthier than her.

Elite.

"What are you?" the girl spat, a horrified expression on her face.

- come out & play

out of character Yes, definitely. nod

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/27/2010, 11:13 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl at first seemed stunned, then he grinned and let out a laugh. "Wow. Yeah, Lus, that's really nice," he said with a roll of his eyes, but he was still grinning. It was just rather a relief to know nothing really had happened . . . especially considering the things that could have happened. He hated to wonder what the elites would do if they caught them now.
-----Now that his moment of panic was over, Deramyl proceeded to fold his arms behind his back and examine the area around them, his eyes bright with interest. "Wow," he said, this time because he was impressed. He hadn't realized that even the elites' forest would be so much nicer than theirs. As much as he loved his own forest . . . the beauty of it here made the outcast trees look ugly, when it was the exact opposite, at least in his mind.
-----It took him a moment to realize that Alusi had taken off, racing down towards some body of water not too far off. Laughing to himself, Deramyl sprang off after her, finding that it was oddly nice to be able to run with such feelings of freedom. Really he should've been worrying, probably, or watching out to make sure that there weren't any nearby elites, but it was just too nice right now for him to want to waste any time that could be used for fun.
-----Suddenly, he noticed Alusi fall . . . and then, as he saw why, Deramyl dragged himself to a stop just feet away from Alusi. His eyes widened with horror when he realized just what idiots they'd been . . . there was an elite girl, standing right in front of them. They were such goners.
-----Deramyl tried to steady himself, taking in a breath. Okay, think. You can get out of this, maybe, right? His eyes swept over the girl . . . ugh, just seeing her stance made him want to kill the government right then and there. All this weird system was doing was breeding snobs like this one . . . well, maybe not necessarily a snob snob, but she sure as heck seemed to be really full of herself. He collected his thoughts, then forced what he hoped was a genuine-looking smile on his face, and said, "Why miss, we're ghosts. We just came from the graveyard over there." It was probably the stupidest thing he could've done - besides coming straight out and admitting their lowly social status - but he couldn't help but feel the urge to laugh. Maybe he could get a few last moments of fun before he died.
-----Wait, what are you thinking?! You can't die, not until you at least get Alusi out of here. He wanted to groan, then, realizing he could've just killed any chance of that. You're gonna start thinking straight right about now.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - I'm still trying to figure out how to get Ter in. xD}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/27/2010, 11:41 pm

Crap. Alusi shook her head slowly, staring up at the girl. She swallowed, placing her hands on the ground and pushing herself up slowly. She glanced over at her shoulder, sighing as she saw Deramyl, and then took a few steps back so that she was standing beside them. Dangit, this was all her fault. She lowered her gaze, her heart sinking because she knew they were probably going to get killed. If she hadn't been so stupid and foolish, they might not have been in this situation.

Deramyl's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Why miss, we're ghosts. We just came from the graveyard over there," he said. She looked up as he spoke, her eyes widening, and then glanced at the girl again. She nodded slowly, saying, "Yeah, we're... ghosts." She bit her lip, not daring to make direct eye contact with this elite girl standing before them.

>> >> >>

Charlotte lifted one eyebrow, tilting her head to the side slightly. "The graveyard?" she repeated, her gaze traveling from the two... ghosts, apparently, and to the forest beyond them, eventually reaching the gate. She had her hand rested on her hip, running her other hand through her hair. "Isn't the closest graveyard on the outcast side or something?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Surely these two supposed ghosts didn't die as outcasts?

- come out & play

out of character Maybe he could have... hmm. Been following Charlotte, since we decided that he likes her, right? I'm not sure. He's your character, you decide. xDD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 2/28/2010, 10:11 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Well . . . they weren't dead yet . . . so maybe this was working after all. It'd be pretty lame if the girl really was dumb enough to believe that, though. He doubted she was doing anything but playing along for a moment.
-----"Yep, it sure is," he replied to Little Miss Elite, nodding matter-of-factly. "We ghosts wake up every night in some random graveyard. I have to say I like that one the best, since it's so close to such a beautiful place." Appreciatively, he spread his arms out wide and gazed around at the elite forest once more. Deramyl then quietly sighed, hoping that neither Alusi or Little Miss Elite would here. This was really, really stupid. I'm never doing this again - without weapons.
-----Suddenly he noticed that there was someone else here, hiding behind one of the trees. Definitely another elite; he probably would've recognized the person if they were fellow outcasts. "How many of you guys are there here?" Deramyl muttered, loud enough for both of the girls to hear, though he didn't exactly mean for it to be that way. He squinted at the person, trying to see them better, but when the guy realized he'd been seen he was quick to pull his head back behind the trunk of the tree. Dang it, this place must be crawling with elites!

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - That works. xD Hehe, Ter's such a stalker.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 2/28/2010, 11:18 am

Perfect. Just perfect. Now this elite girl probably thought they lived as outcasts. Who knew what she was going to do with them now? She opened her mouth to speak, not sure what she was going to say. Thank God Deramyl was there, though, because he spoke before she could let anything stupid leave her mouth. "Yep, it sure is. We ghosts wake up every night in some random graveyard. I have to say I like that one the best, since it's so close to such a beautiful place," he had said.

Alusi looked at him, a worried expression on her face. How were they going to pretend to be ghosts when they looked a heck of a lot more like outcasts? She raised her eyebrows as he muttered something, and followed his gaze to the tree. Really? Another elite?

>> >> >>

Charlotte wore a scornful look on her face, barely believing a word they said. She pursed her lips, folding her arms across her chest. "Hmm..." she pondered this for a moment, taking one step closer to these... strange ghosts. She examined the two, her eyes scanning them up and down. She was startled, however, when the guy spoke. She followed his gaze to the tree, and then narrowed her eyes, only catching a glimpse of the person before he hid behind the tree once more. She cocked her head to the side, slowly walking over to the tree. From what she had seen, it had been a male - and then, she knew who it had been.

"Ter? What are you doing there?"

- come out & play

out of character xDD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/2/2010, 8:08 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----As Charlotte turned her back to walk over to the other elite, Deramyl shot Alusi a pointed glance. If they were planning on getting out of here any time soon, now would be the time to do it, since the girl wasn't watching. Of course, the guy could probably see them well enough, and if they left now it'd be pretty obvious that they were outcasts . . . crap . . . okay, maybe running wasn't such a good idea.
-----Gritting his teeth, Deramyl let out a frustrated sigh. I sure wish we had guns or something with us . . . no, wait, that's a pretty bad idea too. If they'd had weapons, they probably would've been in even more trouble. The girl would've run off screaming to the officials, and even if they escaped then, they would get murdered in their sleep or something. This weaponless way was definitely more desirable - at least now, they had a chance of being jailed rather than killed. Though that was none too good either.

•.•*•.•*•

-----Ter's cheeks instantly turned red when Charlotte walked over to him. Oh, great. How am I going to explain this?! He'd obviously known it was a bad idea to follow her . . . but he just couldn't help himself. Yes, it seemed very creeperish, but not to him. It woulda been just fine if she hadn't caught him. Who could blame him for falling in love with her and wanting to make sure nothing happened to her? Even if his panic was a little too pronounced.
-----"Oh - um - hey Char! You know, I was just out for a walk," he stammered awkwardly, hoping he sounded halfway believable. "And, well, I happened to come upon those two outcasts while you were talking to them! So, I thought that I'd just sit here and watch, to make sure they didn't try to kill you or anything." He nodded matter-of-factly, clasping his hands behind his back.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Dude, I finally replied! xD Except, this is pretty bad, cus even though it has Deramyl's name I was in Ter's perspective . . . he really needs his own formatting.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/2/2010, 9:15 pm

She and Deramyl must have been thinking differently. Right now, all Alusi wanted to do was go and kill that girl. Beat her up, at least. So far, even though the elite girl or guy hadn't done anything really to harm them, she couldn't help but feel a sense of anger towards them both. For just existing, maybe. She so badly wanted to do at least something to hurt one of them. What if she... No, she couldn't. She would be in so much trouble, but it was just so tempting.

It was too late. Before she had convinced herself otherwise, she reached down to pick up a medium-sized rock. Taking one step foward, she chucked it at the girl's head.

>> >> >>

Charlotte listened carefully, nodding slowly as Ter spoke. She raised an eyebrow, opening her mouth to speak. "Really, Ter?" she paused, a doubtful expression on her face. "You sure that's the only reason you were here?" She pursed her lips, turning back to the two ghosts/outcasts/whatever they were for just a moment. And apparently, she had whipped around just in time to catch the rock that was being thrown at her. Maybe it was just luck, or maybe it was that being an air user, she may have had quicker reactions to some things. Whatever the reason, she was mad. Realyl mad.

She narrowed her eyes. "Which one of you threw that?" she asked, glancing at the girl. She looked just as angry as she did; it wouldn't hurt to fight back, would it? After all, Charlotte really only had to call the officials and they could come and take these two away for threatening her. Glancing over her shoulder at Ter for a second and then turning back to the girl, she threw the rock, using her element to throw it stronger, harder, and so it would hurt - badly.

>> >> >>

Alusi stumbled back, bringing her hand up to her forehead and feeling the line of blood beginning to form. She knew it was no use to try to attack again. After all, they were going to get killed anyway, right? She stared up at the smirk on the girl's face, shaking her head.

"Dangit," was all she could mutter.

- come out & play

out of character You posted! xD This post is bad. I'm sorry. Dx

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/3/2010, 5:58 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl swore under his breath, instantly calling upon his own element. He clenched his hands and jaw, glaring threateningly at Charlotte as he readied - and convinced - himself. All you gotta do is take them out . . . it'll be easy, right? Except for the fact that their magic is stronger . . . okay . . . well, just try. Not once did his expression change, though, even with his misgivings.
-----"You're going to pay for that," he growled. "Nobody gets away with hurting my friend." All right, so, you can use your powers after she reacts. That sounds good, yeah.

•.•*•.•*•

-----Hardly having to think about what he was doing, Ter resolutely stepped out from behind the tree, readying himself by sending warmth to his palms. Now he'd be able to light a fire in them at any moment. If that outcast tried to attack Charlotte . . . he wasn't going to get away with it. He would be the sorry one.
-----Even though he was ready for a fight, however, he didn't exactly want one. Not here, with Charlotte involved. Though he had no doubt she could take care of herself . . . it was hard to even imagine them attacking her. It was just a good thing that the girl hadn't managed to hit Charlotte. "Look, can we just calm down and . . . talk about this?" he weakly called to the outcasts, his forehead creasing. "We don't need to beat each other up over this. I'm sure that, whatever happened, it was just a misunderstanding." He honestly doubted it was . . . outcasts really weren't trustworthy whatsoever. They'd do anything to get a share of what was rightfully the elites'. But if this could make the atmosphere a bit more friendly . . . well . . . he didn't mind a little twisting of the truth.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - They're getting along so well, don't you think? xDD They all seem like such good friends already!
Oh, um, I wanted to ask something. Why exactly do the elites have better magic? Is it, like, a consequence of 'breeding,' or is there something in their area that strengthens it, or what?}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/3/2010, 6:38 pm

Charlotte stared down at the girl, lifting her eyebrows. "Hmm..." she began, a smirk crossing her lips. "I would think that if you were a ghost, that wouldn't have hurt. Am I right?" She shrugged, letting out a slight chuckle. "Maybe you two are outcasts after all, and-" She couldn't finish her sentence. Closing her mouth, she narrowed her eyes as the boy spoke. "You're going to pay for that. Nobody gets away with hurting my friend." She scoffed, shaking her head slowly and saying innocently, "That's where you're wrong. [i]I do."She paused, tilting her head to the side. "You should also know that we can call the officials at any time and then you two really will be dead. Your choice."

>> >> >>

She growled as the girl said this, though she knew it was true. That didn't mean they shouldn't fight back, right? The only thing that kept her from tackling the girl right then and there was the other elite speaking. She hesitated, her shoulders relaxing as she listened to him. Not that she wanted to give up, but what he said was right, for the most part; what good would a fight do? She still hated the elites, though she decided to speak up and say quietly, "Deramyl. He's right."

- come out & play

out of character I know, right? xD Hmm... maybe it could just be from breeding, and it's also because they are obviously richer, so they have the money to pay for the good training schools to learn how to use their magic.

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/3/2010, 7:12 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl narrowed his eyes in response, obviously not quite trusting the elite's words. Why should he, when both of them were preparing to attack as they spoke?
-----Then, Alusi spoke to him. "Deramyl. He's right."
-----Incredulous, he whipped his head towards her, a surprised expression on his face. "What?! You believe him?!"

•.•*•.•*•

-----A sigh of relief escaped Ter's mouth as the outcast female agreed. It wasn't so great that the male refused to accept it, though.
-----First of all, he glanced at Charlotte. She seemed resolute enough . . . she could probably handle it if the outcasts, say, knocked him out. Ter pushed that unpleasant image away, reminding himself that he was the one with the stronger magic, and headed closer to them. With each step he relaxed himself, letting the magic's pull ebb away, until finally he was just calm. Maybe they would trust him now that he wasn't acting so threatening . . . I sure hope this ends well.
-----"Look," Ter said, pausing when he was about halfway between them and Charlotte, and lifted his hands. "I won't fight if you won't. You can trust me. I promise." He gazed sincerely at the two outcasts, trying to show them that he meant it.

•.•*•.•*•

-----For a moment, Deramyl's gaze became more untrusting than ever. But finally, with another glance at Alusi, he forced himself to relax. "All right, fine. Let's talk," he said gruffly. Then, on second thought, he added, "But only if she-" he shot a glance at Charlotte "-promises not to attack us either." He refused to let go of his aggressive expression; they would have to be satisfied with what he was already giving them.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - That works. Very Happy}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/3/2010, 7:46 pm

Charlotte narrowed her eyes as the male outcast said this, shaking her head. Couldn't she just kill them both and get this over with? But Ter was right; maybe she could stay calm for just a little while longer. With a sigh, she felt her body relax and then turned to the outcast. "Don't worry, I won't kill you until we're done talking," she muttered, knowing it wasn't really true even though she would if she had to.

>> >> >>

Well. This was going better than planned, for now, at least. She let out a deep breath as she felt the hostility decrease just a little bit. She folded her arms across her chest, still prepared to fight but knowing that now, she might not have to. Taking one reluctant step foward slowly, she nodded and said, "Yeah, let's talk." Relaxing slightly, she finally had the chance to examine the boy who had just come. He was definitely taller than her, with a lean figure and a cute smile. She hadn't noticed that before.

- come out & play

out of character Very Happy

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/5/2010, 2:22 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl cast the elite girl one last threatening glare before returning a much more calm gaze to the boy. Slightly inclining his head, Deramyl waited to hear what he had to say. I sure do hope this is good. At least we're not dead, though. He shook his head slightly. I should never have even tried to get Alusi to come here in the first place. Crap, crap, crap, crap.

•.•*•.•*•

-----"Okay. So. You guys are outcasts, right?" The look in Ter's eyes flickered for a moment, but he managed to keep the calm expression in place. The moment he showed any hostility, they'd just all return to fighting. Just trust them for now. You can deal with them after we talk this out.
-----If they didn't admit it, though . . . then what? He supposed they didn't really need any proof anyway, since by the way they dressed and the fact that he'd never seen them here before it was pretty obvious. I guess I can just accept that, then.

•.•*•.•*•

-----Well, there was no way out of it now . . . but still . . . it probably wasn't a good idea to admit it. Deramyl looked over at Alusi with probing eyes, waiting for her to look so that he could raise his eyebrows questioningly. This was a very, very bad situation.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Failpost. xPP}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/5/2010, 3:41 pm

This certainly wasn't going as horrible as Alusi had thought it would. Sure, they were still in a life threatening situation, considering the elites had the power to kill them at any time, but the good thing was, they probably wouldn't do that. They had at least given her and Deramyl a chance to talk and explain things; not that the things they had to explain would help their chances of getting out here alive.

Alusi lowered her gaze to the forest floor as the male elite spoke. "Okay. So. You guys are outcasts, right?" he asked them. This made her slowly shift her gaze so that she was now looking at Deramyl with worried eyes. She shook her head. What good would it do to lie? Without really thinking, she looked at the male elite straight in the eye and said, "We prefer not to be called that." She paused for a moment, closing her eyes while she inhaled deeply. She was probably really disappointing Deramyl right now. Opening her eyes again, she muttered, "But yes, we are."

>> >> >>

Wharlotte didn't really feel the need to say anything. She wanted to just watch this conversation grow into a fight and then jump in if she really had to- her safety was all that mattered to her- but she abandoned that idea as soon as the girl spoke. "There! She just admitted it!" she exclaimed to Teramyl, anger in her eyes. "Can I kill them now?"

- come out & play

out of character That's not true. no

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/7/2010, 10:35 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl at first thought that Alusi was shaking her head to say they shouldn’t admit anything, but then she went and did just that. “We prefer not to be called that . . . But, yes, we are.
-----Squeezing his eyes shut for a moment, Deramyl let out a staggering sigh. Well, I guess that decision’s made. Of course, the elite girl was just dying to get back at them. “There! She just admitted it! Can I kill them now?" Why did they always hate outcasts so much?
-----Why exactly are we getting killed?” he asked coldly, his eyes still closed. Deramyl was doing his best to keep his voice from sounding like a trainwreck, but it shook all the same. His fear was definitely obvious. “Cus, you know, I don’t mind, I guess.” Sarcasm dripped heavily from his words. “But I’d kinda like to know what exactly we did, so the next time we’re alive, we can avoid it.

•.•*•.•*•

~{[u">T[b">Havital}~

-----Though he knew he couldn’t let them die - at least not yet - it was hard for Ter to summon the will to refuse Charlotte. He wanted to give her what she wanted, and since that was killing them . . . it was really a bad choice for him either way.
-----Look, nobody’s dying yet, okay?” he informed Char and the outcast. “We’re talking. Not fighting. Right?” He offered the three a smile, even though he doubted it’d be returned. “Okay, so, you’re outcasts. Or whatever it is you want to be called. Um, not elite. Well, what are you doing here, then? I’m sure you - know about the laws.” He’d been about to say ‘you weren’t accidentally breaking the law,’ but thought that this way it was at least a little friendlier. Not like they’re being friendly, but let’s see if this gets anywhere.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - I took the first step towards giving Ter a style that matches him. xD Now he gets his own name. But the formatting died there.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/8/2010, 8:04 am

This made Charlotte scowl, at both Ter and the outcasts. She hated them already; did she have reasons to? No. Did she hate them anyway? Pretty much. They were trespassing on the elite land, first of all. Just their existence made her mad. She wanted to tear them up so badly, but Ter stopped her. ”Look, nobody’s dying yet, okay? We’re talking. Not fighting. Right?” he said. She shook her head, glaring at him.

With a sigh, she decided it wouldn't do any good to argue with Ter, so she simply stood there, her arms folded. As long as they were actually speaking to them, it would be a good idea to get as much information out of them as possible. Since they hadn't replied to what Ter had said yet, she spoke up. "Tell us your names, too," she demanded.

>> >> >>

Now that they had already told the two elites that they were outcasts, it wouldn't hurt to tell the whole truth, right? Maybe it would. She didn't have time to think about this, though. Biting her lip and knowing she was going to regret this, Alusi responded. "We wanted to see what it was like over here..." she told them. She probably should have just let Deramyl answer- he seemed to be better at this than she did- but she didn't really have a choice. Looking up as the girl spoke, she considered telling her their names, and then simply said, "I'm Alusi." She wouldn't tell them Deramyl's name, not yet, anyway.

- come out & play

out of character xDD I like it!

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/9/2010, 10:47 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl scowled, not answering for a moment, even though Alusi had already given her name. I’m so going to regret this. By giving out their names, all these elites would have would be yet another useful item of knowledge that would be used against he and Alusi in the end.
-----After a few moments of Ter staring pointedly at him, however, Deramyl gave in with a sigh. “I’m Deramyl.And there goes our last bit of safety. It was much too easy to picture the officials coming for he and Alusi, breaking down the doors and dragging them off to jail . . . and now he felt certain that this was how it’d be turning out. Elites never had any respect for outcasts; it was doubtless that this whole conversation would be reported to the officials not long after it was over.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----I’m Ter,” he told them, if only for the sake of keeping everyone more at ease. “And . . . well . . . I guess I can understsand how you’d be curious.” He was speaking to Alusi now, but paused for a moment to figure out what to say next. Just pretend it’s a friendly chat with one of your friends, or something! he offered to himself.
-----That probably would work okay, except for the fact that Deramyl and Alusi weren’t his friends. They were outcasts, tresspassers, lawbreakers. They couldn’t and wouldn’t become his friends, ever. How could he even try to pretend something like that.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Sure, sure. xD Well, he's fixed now, anyway.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/10/2010, 12:52 am

How could Ter be so nice to these outcasts? They were trespassing and they had no right to be here. They should have been dead already. Maybe, if she looked really hard, she might be able to find a little bit of pity for them in her heart, but she knew it would be hard to find and not worth the try anyway.

Maybe if they could make a plan. If she could make a plan. It would be good if they got the two outcasts to trust them, right? And then after building up so much trust, tearing down the wall would be the best part. If they could just give that a try, she would be so much happier about them being here. They could let them stay at their houses, and as soon as they started feeling comfortable, they could turn them in to the authorities. Yes, that would work perfectly. As for convincing Ter? That might take some work.

"Hey... Ter, can I talk to you for a sec?" she asked him, blinking sweetly. She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger, beginning to make her way over to a spot a few yards away from the outcasts, where they could talk privately. This might actually work.

>> >> >>

Maybe she was wrong about all of this being okay. Sure, at the moment, everything seemed to be going well, but when they got back - if they got back - the government would be sure to be off with their heads. With a heavy sigh, Alusi turned to Deramyl as the elite girl walked away to talk with Ter. This was all her fault. She went along with this, she told them they were outcasts, she told them her name; how could she be so stupid? She put both of their lives in danger. She lowered her gaze to the ground and shook her head. All of the confidence she had before was now gone. "I'm sorry," she whispered to him, closing her eyes.

- come out & play

out of character That's not true. no

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next