The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Jealousy's Wings *

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 Empty Re: On Jealousy's Wings *

Post by shadowsowner888 4/11/2010, 4:33 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl’s eyes widened. Not only a whole bedroom, but a bathroom, too, and he was actually sharing this house with her?! It made sense, considering this was the elites’ domain, but all the same he had to run into his room and check to make sure.
-----Woah, he thought, his mind struggling incredulously when he saw the room. She really hadn’t been lying - and just the room, not counting the bathroom and closet, was about as big as his whole old apartment altogether. He sank onto the bed and dropped the duffel on the floor, looking around himself. This was so . . . utterly . . . unbelievable. The elites were so pampered! He wasn’t sure whether to be amazed, or disgusted, or grateful, or all three.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Smiling, Ter debated whether to play a joke and try to convince her that it was his grandma’s . . . but in the end he just nodded. “Yep. The other houses are a lot nicer, I know, but I sort of like it better when it’s simple this way.” Grinning at nobody in particular, he folded his hands behind his back and started up the driveway towards the house. “I guess we’re lucky I finished painting the guest room a last month after all.” He laughed. “You wouldn’t believe how long it takes me to get some things done around here.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Ohh, delightful! cheesy}
{lyrics - By Myself, by Linkin Park}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 1312On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 2412On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3349On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3548On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/11/2010, 11:17 pm

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 25exwsi

i invite you to a world where there is no such thing as time
- - - - - - or so they say
every creature lens themselves to change your state of mind
    When he confirmed that it was his house, Alusi stopped walking, examining the house. "The other houses are a lot nicer, I know, but I sort of like it better when it’s simple this way," he told her. Following him, she opened her mouth to speak, saying "You know, I actually really like it." She paused for a moment, scanning the house once more. "Then again, I think we both know that I'm probably going to like everything in this place, considering how much better it is than where we live," she added, letting out a quiet chuckle.

She couldn't help but gasp when he said what he did about the guest room. Did this mean that she would get her own room? She raised her eyebrows, turning to him as a surprised expression crossed her face. "So... this means I'm going to have my own room?" she asked him, practically repeating her thoughts.

the curiosity can kill the soul but leave the pain
- come out & play
& every ounce of innocence is left inside her brain

out of character I know. ^^ Idk what she'll do yet... hmm. Meh, sorry I didn't post anything for Charlotte. I was thinking maybe we could finish up Ter and Alusi, and then start a new day?
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)
    lyrics Her Name is Alice, by Shinedown
    credit Template by me, pictures by folieadeux and R E V E R S E of Caution 2.0.

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/12/2010, 9:56 pm

~{Ter Havital}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Stunned that she would even have to ask, Ter blinked. It took him a moment to find his thoughts enough to answer. "Well, of course. What, you - oh." The bewildered expression was replaced with a sheepish one, and he let out a laugh. "That's right . . . you probably wouldn't have - no offense! I, ah, sorry. You surprised me is all." He smiled to himself and looked towards the house, then back to her. "Well - yeah, you do get your own room, anyway. There's only one bathroom upstairs, though . . . like I said, this place is simpler than lots of the others." He grinned. "There is another on the main floor, though."
-----Ter had to wonder what exactly was the norm for 'outcasts.' Alusi obviously had never had her own room, but was it like that for all of them? And how big were their houses? Hmm . . . I'd like to see that some day.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - That's fine! :3 Sounds good to me.
Okay, you know what, those lyrics look so wrong for Ter. *facepalm* xD I'm going to need to make sure I get him his own template soon . . . do you think two would look weird in the same post, though?}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 1312On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 2412On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3349On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3548On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 4 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/12/2010, 10:08 pm

She couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. It might be perfectly normal for elites to have their own room, though for most outcasts, it was probably a miracle. "It's fine, Ter - but, wow. This sounds amazing," she commented, glancing up at him. She know it was probably a stupid thing to say; it was true, however. This was amazing, for her at least. She wondered what Deramyl was doing and how he was dealing with Charlotte.

She realized that all they were doing was standing by the front door, so she gestured towards it, saying, "You gonna open that or what?" She felt a smile playing on her lips as she said it, looking up at him. She wondered what it was like to be elite. She wondered if they taked things for granted; she knew that Charlotte did. But for some reason, she didn't really think that Ter was the type who would do that.

- come out & play

out of character Hmm... I think it'd look fine to have two in the same post. nod
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/13/2010, 10:05 pm

~{Ter Havital}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----He had to grin at her. It was nice when he could make people happy like this - then it really felt like life was worth it. Not like it wasn’t, but still . . . he always did better when he knew that he had a purpose in the world.
-----You gonna open that or what?” Alusi spoke then, giving him a smile.
-----Oh,” Ter chuckled, scratching the back of his head with one hand and pulling out his keys with the other. “That’s right.” He looked through the keychain until he find the one he needed, then inserted it in the lock and got the door open.
-----Stepping in, Ter reached towards the wall and flicked a light on while holding the door open for Alusi. “So, yup, this is the inside,” he told her as if it wasn’t obvious, grinning at her. He was now standing in a pleasant-looking kitchen, a living-room area with couches and a television to the left, and two doors across the room.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Okay, good. xD And as you can see, I don’t have one yet . . . but I’m working on it. :O I’m thinking I’ll put this whole little section here in between the two templates, kinda shared, to make things look a little more together. xDD}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/13/2010, 10:40 pm

Alusi watched with curiosity as he took out the keys, amazed at all the keys he had. Back home, she had only had one key, for the house. They didn't have a car and they didn't have, well, whatever Ter used all the other ones for. She thanked him quietly when he held the door open for her as she stepped inside. Though it was still dark, she knew that it was going to be big; maybe not as large as Charlotte's, or maybe even larger.

But when he flipped the light switch on, she gasped - it wasn't what she had imagined. It was the same reaction she had when she had seen Charlotte's house. Though she had known it was going to be big, the size was still shocking. "This is... wow," she stammered out, looking up at him. It'd be best to change the subject before she made herself look like an idiot. "Does anyone else live here?"

- come out & play
    out of character That would look awesome. Very Happy

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/19/2010, 3:29 pm

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----Smiling, he shook his head. He actually found Alusi’s awe of the place a . . . nice change. Lots of the other elites couldn’t be bothered with the setup here, it was just another random house with nothing special about it. But seeing how much Alusi liked it . . . it made him feel better about living here. It wasn’t that he’d exactly minded before, of course, but the criticism about it - even if unspoken - was rather disheartening.
-----Just me,” Ter finally chuckled, only a couple of seconds after shaking his head. “I probably could house my whole family here, really, if I had to, at least by your standards - not that there’s anything wrong with them, but your houses really aren’t nearly this big, and I’ve heard about some pretty big families. But there’s only two bedrooms - mine and the guest. Big ones.” Pointing a finger at the ceiling, he smiled a little wider. “Well, ah, here - I better show you yours - this way.” He headed into the livingroom; the staircase sat at the end.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all

{ooc - Well, here’s the test run! :O I hope I got all the tags right . . . too bad I’m not still using Deramyl at the moment. xD I want to see what both templates look like together.}
{lyrics - A Little More, by Skillet.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/19/2010, 5:53 pm

Gripping the duffel bag that was slung around her shoulders a little tighter, Alusi looked around, still in awe. Her gaze traveled back to Ter as he answered her question. "I probably could house my whole family here..." was one of the things he said that really made her amazed. She should have expected that from an elite's house, though it still surprised her; she wasn't used to it.

She nodded as he gestured for her to following him. She still couldn't believe she was getting her own room, for once, though she figured she would have to get over that soon enough. After all, she wasn't sure how long she would stay here, and while she was staying here, she didn't want to act like a complete idiot. She turned to him for a second and opened her mouth to speak, saying, "Ter, I just wanted to thank you again... I seriously can't believe this is actually happening."

- come out & play
    out of character Ooh, I love it! The color is awesome. Very Happy

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 4/22/2010, 12:10 pm

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----One hand on the handrail of the stairs, Ter paused so he could turn to Alusi with a warm and pure smile. “You’re welcome. I’m glad I could give you the . . . opportunity.” That was the right word, wasn’t it? There was so much more that the outcasts could live for in a place like this. After they’d lived here for a while, the only thing that would separate Alusi and Deramyl from any other elite was the fact that their magic was weaker - and that wasn’t even going to be something obvious. The truth was, there wasn’t a single reason why people couldn’t live like this if they wanted to. What was the point of having such a drastic difference in the lifestyles of the two classes of people?
-----Ter returned himself to his surroundings. “Well, anyway . . . shall we?” The smile turned into a grin for one short moment, then he turned and started up the stairway.
-----What would it be like, he wondered, having a girl living here? He suddenly realized that it was kinda funny. If his parents found out, they’d probably assume Alusi was Ter’s girlfriend or something, and berate him for having not introduced her to them sooner. Smiling again, he shook his head. That was one conversation he wouldn’t mind missing, though he was sure they’d believe him when he explained he was simply helping her, a friend of his.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all

{ooc - Very Happy Yay! Thanks!}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 4/26/2010, 11:00 pm

The corners of her lips slowly began to twitch into a small smile once again as Ter responded. In a way, she was glad that she was staying with him instead of Charlotte, though she still felt bad that she had left Deramyl to stay with the devil. Then again, she knew - or at least hoped - that he would be able to deal with her.

Alusi shifted her gaze back up to him as he spoke. She nodded in reply, following him up the stairs while clutching the duffel bag tightly. As she reached the top, she stopped walking, examining the door in front of her. "Ter -" she began, gesturing towards the room. "Is this where I'll be staying?" She was simply curious and frankly, quite eager to finally have a room to herself.

- come out & play
    out of character Hehe, you're welcome. ^^

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/3/2010, 9:37 pm

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----Ter half-collapsed against the wall beside the door, smiling with pure joy. The feeling, to see the look on her face right now . . . it was actually really cool, knowing that he was the reason Alusi was smiling. “Yep, that’s it,” he replied, grinning as he tilted his head towards it. “Why don’t you go in and look around, see what you think of your new place?
-----In a way, Ter was also feeling proud of himself. The smile Alusi wore was only proof that he’d accomplished something good. No matter how bad the elites supposedly were in the outcasts’ eyes, he certainly couldn’t be one of the worst ones, at least. It wasn’t really like it mattered, but still . . . he was going to be hanging around Alusi and Deramyl for a while,a and because of that, their opinions of him seemed rather . . . important. No matter how much higher his status was, he couldn’t see a single situation where the opinions wouldn’t matter. Not even if he ruled the whole place.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all

{ooc - Dude, I’m sorry the reply took me this long. xP}
{lyrics - D: By Myself, by Linkin Park. T: A Little More, by Skillet.}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/4/2010, 12:10 am

The door easily slid open when Alusi pushed it lightly, staring inside it. She noticed that the walls of the room were a pale golden color and the bed, with dark red covers, matched perfectly. That's not what really made Alusi excited, though. Sure, it looked cool, but just to have a room was good enough. She glanced up at Ter as he suggested that she go in and see what her new room would be like. She nodded, not saying anything yet as she stepped inside the room. Looking around, she realized that this room had everything she had never haved in her room back home, back on the outcast's side. 'It's wonderful," she told him, her fingers lightly brushing against the curtains hanging over the windows.

She set her bag down on the floor beside the desk that stood across from the bed. She turned to face Ter, studying his face for a moment. It was then that she realized how much trust she put in him. She knew that he could call the authorities at any time and she and Deramyl could be arrested, but for some reason, she felt sure that he wouldn't do that.

- come out & play
    out of character It's fine. xDD Should we start a new day?

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/12/2010, 12:20 pm

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----The next day, Ter woke up at the crack of dawn - just kidding! It being a weekend, he slept in a little later than usual. Whereas he normally would wake up about five, even before the crack of dawn, that was only on weekdays when there were things to do. Since weekends were his lazy days, he never felt the urge to get up quite so early, which explained why he was up around six-thirty instead of five.
-----For a moment, he was in that lazy state between being asleep and awake, where reality wasn’t quite solid. Shifting under the covers, he mentally grumbled something about coffee and considered sleeping for a while longer.
-----Then he woke up more and remembered Alusi. Oh, duh, he thought, forcing himself to drowsily sit upright. Once you at least got part of you out of bed, the rest was a lot easier. Scratching the back of his head, he rapidly blinked to wash the sleep from his eyes, then dragged himself out of bed.
-----For a moment he did nothing but let his toes wiggle in the fuzzy carpet, trying to figure out what exactly one did in the mornings when you had a guest over. Should he go see if she was up? Start making some pathetic sort of breakfast, like toast and eggs and coffee? Take a shower and get dressed like it was any other day?
-----Geez. Stretching, Ter considered it for a moment longer, then headed out into the hallway. Making his way to Alusi’s room, he hesitated, then knocked on the door. “Um, you up?

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all

{ooc - Geez. XD And I was thinking I was gonna reply over the weekend while you were gone. Sorry . . . ^^; I have no good excuse. There were all these moments where I could’ve replied, but I decided to waste my time watching Death Note and its parodies on Youtube.
OMG I JUST HAD A ROMANTIC THOUGHT of Ter and Alusi. o.0 Do I have no innocence left?! xD *reminds self* No, Shadow, no, Ter is not that kind of guy - oh hey! Maybe I should make a character who is some time! :O That would be fun.
Er, anyway, yeah. x3 A new day would be good, as I apparently seem to think, judging by my nonOOC part. XD Howsabout you start us off for Char & Deramyl? ^^}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/13/2010, 10:55 pm

Bright sunlight streamed in through the windows, waking Alusi up earlier than she would have wanted to. She blinked her eyes open slowly, squinting as the light practically attacked her face. She chuckled at that thought, though it probably came out more as weak sound emerging from her throat rather than a laugh, considering she wasn't functioning quite right just yet.

The knock on the door, followed by Ter's voice saying "Um, you up?" startled her. She shook her head, even though he wouldn't have been able to see that, and hesitantly pushed herself out of bed. She stepped over to the door, gently opening it. "Yeah," she responded simply with a small smile, blushing slightly as she looked up at him. What was she supposed to say now? "Er - good morning, I guess," she added, biting her lip.

» » »

Charlotte winced as the pan slipped from her hand and landing with a crash on the floor. "Dangit," she muttered under her breath, not wanting to wake Deramyl just yet - though she knew it was likely that her dropping the pan could have already done it. She picked it up by the handle, setting it onto the stove. The five second rule applied to items too, right? A smirk crossed her face as she thought that. Childish, right? Not quite.

A few minutes later, the scrambled eggs were done and she was just finishing up setting them on to the plate, along with a glass of orange juice and a danish. She didn't know what they had for breakfast on the outcast side, but whatever it was, she hoped this would be a nice surprise for him. Pursing her lips, she made her way up the stairs with the tray in both hands. The door to his room had been left ajar, which made it easy for her to gently push the door open and poke her head inside. "Breakfast?" she offered, holding up the tray and not even bothering with a good morning.

- come out & play

out of character It's fine, I do the same thing. XD Death Note is certainly a legitimate excuse.
    OMG YOU DID? ^^ Tellllll meeeeee.
    Sure sure. nod
    Oh, and by the way. I'll be out of town this weekend, so if you don't get to this post by like, 12:00am, then don't even bother posting until Sunday. XD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/16/2010, 9:08 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl turned slowly from where he’d been standing by the window and staring out at the forest. There was a rather distracted look in his eyes - in just the twenty minutes he’d been up, impossible thoughts had started bombarding him.
-----How long would they be here? Was it expected to be forever? Did they have a choice? And most of all, what would happen when - or if, really - they ever tried to go back home? Would Ter and Charlotte even be willing to let them leave?
-----He cleared his mind and let a smile light his face, though, so that he wouldn’t seem ungrateful to Charlotte as he replied. “Sure . . . thanks,” he answered, his expression almost awed. Really, it wouldn’t be too bad to stay . . . and just let himself forget everything . . .
-----He cleared that thought out, too, though. No, don’t you dare give in. You’re not going to let yourself become an elite, too. Things need to change, and you need to help them change. The distracted look had returned to his eyes by that point, and he almost utterly forgot everything around him - and that included Charlotte and the delicious smell wafting from the tray.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Lol, glad you think so. ^^; You guys are really more forgiving than I deserve.
Psht, well, I’mma replying anyway. nod I’ve been waiting for my chance to use the templates together!
. . . OOH LA LA! smug (Not like the reaction has anything to do with it. xD) I wish somebody would bring me breakfast for once.
Aaaand . . . just so we know . . . I got really sad when I realized this would make it lose the 88th post, so I took a picture of the thread saying it had 88. :3}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----It almost surprised Ter when she actually opened the door to open him. When he still lived with his family, nobody would have ever bothered that much - they just woulda yelled back their answer. I guess she sets a good example for all of us.
-----He quickly returned her greeting with a lopsided grin. “Morning,” Ter chuckled. “Um, you want anything in particular for breakfast? Not like I can make anything gourmet, but I could - er - try . . .” He laughed weakly, reaching a hand up to scratch the back of his head. “If you’d prefer I spare you, though, there’s always poptarts or toaster waffles or other frozen food that you’d expect a ten-year-old to eat for breakfast.” He searched his mind, not wanting to leave out any other options. “Haven’t really been grocery shopping in a while, so I can’t say there’s any cereal around . . . and scrambled eggs and toast is always available . . .

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 5/17/2010, 2:36 am

Her eyebrows raised curiously as she studied Deramyl; he looked... distracted, in his own world. "You okay?" she asked him, making it seem like she was questoining him with genuine care. Hey, maybe she was. She prodded him with the tray, biting her lip as she held it out to him. "It's gonna get cold soon," she reminded him, still with a firm grip on the navy blue surface she had placed his food on. She sighed, shaking her head and simply setting the tray on top of the small table beside his bed. She leaned against the wall, her arms folded against her chest as she lifted one eyebrow.

Charlotte frowned as she noticed the distracted look was still in his eyes. Determind to get rid of it, she opened her mouth to speak, though she wasn't sure quite what she was going to say. "Um, tell me about... your life." Well, wasn't that a great start? She let out a sigh, shaking her head. "About you and Alusi. You guys siblings? Friends?" she questioned him, her gaze traveling around the room.

» » »

Though she tried her best to supress it, a small grin began to form on the corners of Alusi's lips. She studied every one of his features as he spoke, and she couldn't help but consider his smile, well, adorable. She stared up at him, nodding as he spoke and realizing how stupid she must have looked. She immediately lowered her gaze down to the floor, running a hand through her hair and avoiding his gaze. She silently scolded herself for getting distracted like that, and instead forced herself to listen to what he was saying.

Gosh - it all sounded good. Back on the outcast side, she rarely ever even ate breakfast. She considered the options, biting her lip as she did so. "You know, toast would be fine," she responded, forcing herself to look up at him again.

- come out & play

out of character I should hope so. xDDD
    Haha. ^^
    Hey, did you change the color of Deramyl's template? I swear it looks different. *_*
    Well. I'm glad you noticed that - I never would have. I'm not observant at all. XD
    Annnnnyway, didja get my PM?

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 5/28/2010, 5:27 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl finally managed to let himself focus on the present when Charlotte asked him about his life. Of course, though, his reply was nothing less than brilliant: “Um.
-----How’s that for paying attention? he asked himself, and shook his head, putting a happier expression on his face. “Sorry. Ah, well, we’re friends - known each other for years - but not related in any way.” Deramyl’s smile became slightly more geniune. Alusi was the only one with the power to make him smile like that, the only person who he really connected with, the only one he really could call his friend. He moved over to the tray and asked, “So, what about you and Ter? Have you two known each other for long?” Maybe that would get Charlotte talking long enough for him to at least start eating . . . but then again, she wasn’t quite like the girly stereotype he tended to consider, so he might not necessarily get to take more than a bite.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Noooo . . . o_O Maybe the font looks different? Cus on the two different computers I use, there’s one where it shows up as Charcoal, but the other as Trebuchet MS, for some reason.
You aren’t observant? xD Dude, we’re lucky I notice anything these days.
Why I quite did, Dude Avvy! nod Unless this a futuristic PM I haven’t received yet.
Guess what? *-* I was kinda typing up a reply while I laid on my sofa, so after reading Charlotte’s bit I shoved my head into the cushion and started laughing for no reason at all. It was weird - this isn’t a moment when I usually have these kind of reactions. xD And it even became the fourth time I tried to laugh like Light.
Oh wow. I just read Alusi’s reply and did it again. o.0 I must be in a good mood today. Or maybe it’s because I didn’t get enough sleep or something . . .}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----Alusi’s sudden looking away had Ter curious. Why was she so distracted all of a sudden? He didn’t think she’d appreciate it too much if he pried, though. So, he just acted as if he hadn’t noticed when she looked back at him and replied, “You know, toast would be fine.
-----Cool,” he chuckled. “Your taste buds just might survive the day, then. You can - ah - get dressed or whatever, and I’ll come get you when it’s done.” Ter headed quickly down the stairs, ready and willing for his little chore. It should be fine as long as he didn’t accidentally set the toaster on high - after all, it wasn’t one of the ratty old kinds that burned its contents at random no matter what.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 5/28/2010, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a bold tag)
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/1/2010, 12:44 am

Charlotte felt a small smile begin to form on her face at his response. "You two seem to be so close," she commented, though there was a catch in her voice as she spoke, as if she was planning to end their friendship with the first chance she could get her hands on. Well - it was somewhat the truth.

She tilted her head to the side, leaning against the wall, when he asked her about her and Ter. "I've known him for a long time, yeah," she began with a shrug. "I mean, growing up, we were neighbors, so we got to know each other at an early age. He's... a good friend," she finished with a nod, hoping he would accept this answer.

» » »

A nervous chuckle found it's way out of Alusi's throat as he said this. "Will do," she responded with a small smile, feeling the color rush to her cheeks again. She silently scolded herself, frowning as she did this. She was glad to see that Ter had already left and didn't have to be there when she practically fought with herself like this. Letting out a sigh, she closed the door, turning around to face the room that he was letting her stay in.

She bit her lip as she considered what to do next. Her eyes traveled around the room, stopping at the bag that Charlotte had given her. She stepped over to it, almost afraid to open it in fear that it may contain some sort of... trap? She shook her head, chuckling as she realized how stupid that thought was. She unzipped it, pulling out the first pair of jeans she could find. They were simple, though certainly in better shape than the ones she owned. She sat them on the bed, searching the bag for a shirt. She found a blue cami and shrugged, pulling it out as well. Out of curiousity, she pulled out a smaller case inside the bag; opening it, she saw that it stored a few cosmetics, including make-up. She shrugged, heading to the bathroom down the hall.

After pulling on the clothes, which surprisingly weren't too big or small, Alusi tried out some of the make-up. It was so much different than the cheap kind you could find at flea markets back on the outcast side. Satisfied as she put on the last bit of mascara, she ran a brush through her hair, examining herself in the mirror. She looked good enough to walk downstairs without scaring half the population, she finally decided. Although Ter had said he would come up and get her when he was done, she still made her way to the kitchen, not really wanting to wait upstairs.

- come out & play

out of character It's always showed up as Trebuchet MS for me. nod Hmm... maybe I just fail like that? I seriously thought something was different. xD
    Futuristic PMs would be cool. If Ari was here, I'm sure she'd say that it's possible to send a PM to the future on MyBB. Kinda like the 'There's an app for that too' thing for iPhones. ARI, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I LOVE YOU. <3
    o___o That's... odd? But hey, I've done it too. Seriously. And just because you mentioned it, I did it with Deramyl's post. xDD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/1/2010, 1:29 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl just had time to take a bite of the eggs and swallow it, as he'd suspected, before Charlotte was done talking. Oh well, it was a start. "Cool," he answered, smiling and nodding, though his eyes weren't quiet touched by the smile. They just stayed reserved, like he was hiding something . . . well, maybe he was. Not anything big, but the whole thing about planning to help get rrid of this crappy government. Alusi was the only one in the world who even had a notion he was that serious.
-----"So then, what was it like growing up?" he added. "Are things pretty much always as . . . hmm . . . elite around here?" He laughed slightly, for he could think of no better way to describe it. Truthfully, he wasn't sure exactly what or why he was asking . . . he just thought of it and figured it'd be better than not saying anything else at all.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Lol, psht, you don't fail. xD Whatever happened, don't blame failtacularness.
Haha, OMG, she would! xDD That's perfect! Ari was always epic before, but bringing the app comparison in just made all her little MyBB comments so much more amazing. *-*
:3 Oh yay! How delightful!}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----Ter made a lot of noise, pulling the toaster out of the cabinet and plugging it into the wall and everything, but finally he was able to sit in silence and simply watch the little appliance at work. For a moment he simply stared at it, but then he realized it might be good to get the butter out of the fridge.
-----He quickly went over, pulling the door open and grabbing the butter. Before he shut it, he looked around. What else am I forgetting . . . oh, right, jelly. He freed the hand holding the door so he could take the jar of grape jelly, then took the food to the counter. Unfortunately, though, the toast was still caught in the horrible little moment where it wasn't yet done, so all he could do was watch and wait and hope it would hurry up. He'd never had much patience for toasting things.
-----Thankfully, though, Alusi came down a moment later to spare him the rest of the wait. "Hello," he greeted her with a smile, as if he hadn't seen her just a while before.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/1/2010, 1:57 am

Charlotte shrugged, opening her mouth to speak as she considered what to say. "Depends on what you consider elite," she responded with another slight shrug. "I mean, the big houses? They seemed even larger back then, but that might just be because of how little we were," she mused, letting out a sigh.

Glancing at the tray, she frowned, realizing that she hadn't really been letting him eat. "Um, I should leave you be now, I guess. If you need me, I'll be downstairs," she said quickly, though she wasn't quite sure what the hurry was. She turned around without another word, her hand instantly reaching for the cell phone in her pocket. She dialed Ter's number as she walked downstairs, waiting for him to pick up.

» » »

"Having a bit of trouble there?" Alusi questioned him teasingly as she heard the noise, a slight smirk forming on her lips. She raised her eyebrows, folding her arms across her chest as she made her way over to counter. She looked around, taking in the parts of his house that hadn't really been visible when she had arrived here at night.

A thought crossed Alusi's mind as she turned around, resting her hands on the counter. "Am I gonna see Deramyl today?" she asked Ter curiously, not sure what his plans were. A better question might have been 'What are we going to do today?' or something along those lines, though she really did want to meet up with her friend and ask him how life with Charlotte was so far.

- come out & play

out of character xDD
    I do kind of fail, actually. When I started replying to this, instead of editing one of my posts so I could copy my template, I quoted your post and started writing it in Ter & Deramyl's templates and finally I realized something wasn't right. XD
    You shouldn't have posted. xD Nah, I'm kidding. But seriously, I have this outline that I have to do and I finally convinced myself to start working on it. Then I saw that you posted and I totally blew off the outline so I could reply.
    Ooh! Ter sounds like me with the toaster! xD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/1/2010, 2:27 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl barely had time to reply with an, "All right" before Alusi was gone. For a moment he stood there, almost not sure what to do with himself, but then he realized the whole reason she'd left was so he could eat. Oh. Right. He looked over at the food and managed to brighten. Just the one bite had him totally head over heels for elite living, even if he was assuming he wouldn't stay.
-----But you know, he told himself as he sat down on the bed with the tray and took another bite, you could just stay . . . it wouldn't be the end of the world . . . No, no, no. He couldn't . . . but then again, what if he did? What if? That was all he needed to worry about for the time being. Deramyl actually smiled at the idea of being an elite forever, with no worries whatsoever. It would be so easy . . . of course this was only what if, so it wasn't like he'd allow that to happen, but even just fantasizing was pretty amazing.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Wowwww. xDD That actually woulda been kinda funny to see, though, you suddenly posting in my template and me in yours. *-* And now I'm remembering your little stunt with Mia. XD
Psht, wow. Maybe I really shouldn't post for a while, if I'm going to be distracting you like that . . . hmm . . . well, at least this little reply can't be too bad. xD
Oooh, then we have something in common, then! :3 That toaster experience was so perfectly me, too. xDD It describes my daily adventures. The only part I left out was how I like to put the butter right by the toaster so it melts a little, and then it's easier to cut. applause}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----"What?!" Ter gasped, feigning an offended look. "Trouble, me, in my own house with my own toaster?! Never!" That was the moment the toast decided to pop out, and much to Ter's humiliation, it scared him enough to where he jumped and whirled around like he was being shot at. "Oh. Oops." He chuckled sheepishly, then turned back to Alusi to answer her question. "Probably." He grinned. "I don't see why you wouldn't, anyway, especially since-"
-----Just then, the ringtone of his phone cut him off. A special little ringtone, actually, one that he recognized instantly - because there was only one person on his phone that Ter had given this particular ringtone. His cheeks instantly flared red. Reaching into his pocket he mumbled, "Ah, um, hold on," then flipped the phone open to hold it against his ear. "Hey Charlotte." Even with the half-embarrassed look on his face that came of Alusi watching him, there was no way around the delighted look that lit up in his eyes.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/1/2010, 3:10 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Charlotte slowly made her way down the stairs, waiting for Ter to pick up. Finally, she heard him greet her and she responded with a simple, "Hey, Ter,". She reached the bottom of the stairs, stepped over to the living room where she sat on the couch that rested between the two identical chairs. She propped her feet on the table in front of her - she refused to admit how far from elite she looked right now - and leaned her head back on the sofa, running a hand through her hair.
-----"I was thinking we should maybe get together today," she suggested with a shrug that she knew he couldn't see. "After all, I think the outcasts would be pretty mad if we kept them apart," she added, having no problem with referring to them that way.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Hmm... I just had to try it. xD
Well, I finished my outline! ^^
xDD I'll usually end up setting it on high so that I can take the toast out early, because I'm kind of impatient like that. And then I'll end up forgetting about it and it'll burn. D:}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----Alusi let out much more than a chuckle as Ter said this. She hadn't realized how funny he was until now. She just about cracked up when he got so surprised as the now toasted bread popped out of the toaster, and was about to make a comment when she was interupted by the phone ringing. She frowned - it was Charlotte, calling to spoil everyone's fun. She knew that Ter wouldn't be in any way disappointed that their moment of laughs had ended, because of course, he was talking to the almighty Charlotte, right? Her frown grew at the thought.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/3/2010, 6:09 pm

Deramyl, to put it simply, found his breakfast the best meal he’d ever had. And elites eat like this every day, too, don’t they? he realized with a startled blink. Because even if this had seemed incredibly gourmet to him - compared to the crusty bread he usually ate for breakfast, if anything - he doubted it was anything but a casual breakfast to the elites.

For a moment he hesitated, wondering what Charlotte would want him to do with the tray now that he’d finished eating. Hm . . . couldn’t hurt to take it downstairs, really, he decided, and so he started making his way down. I could always just ask her, too . . . or stick in the kitchen and hope it’s not on top of some hidden stove or anything . . . See, he’d always had this sort of theory that the elites had stoves hidden in their countertops, ones you never saw even when they were heated up, but that cooked food so much better than anything you could see. If he ever took the time to really consider it, he’d doubtlessly find it to be quite a dumb theory, but as it was nothing more than an idea drifting around in his mind he didn’t get a chance to see how silly it was.

» » »

Ter grinned, apparently more than delighted by the idea. Even if it was nothing more than for the outcasts’ sake, just the idea made him feel such joy. Already the day was looking that much better, if he would get to spend it with Charlotte. “Yeah, that’d be cool,” he agreed instantly. “Alusi was just asking whether she’d get to see Deramyl today, in fact, so it’d obviously make her happy. Deramyl too, I bet, though he hasn’t said anything to me.” As he talked he got a plate out and put the toast on it, then offered it to Alusi while pulling out two knives - one for the butter, one for the jelly. “So, when and where, I guess is the only thing we really need to worry about? Just around one of our places, or out and about somewhere? I guess I’m okay with anything, timewise too.”

- come out & play

out of character Hahaha, apparently I couldn’t resist either. But dude, seeing that post of yours seriously made my life. XD I couldn’t stop laughing with delight.
    That’s good! :3
    Eek! D: What a horrible fate! That’s never happened to me, but that’s just because I really never put it on high. It’s always really low. *-*
    Ohhhh, dude, I was so tempted to just put NOMNOMNOM in Deramyl’s part and be done with it. XD

shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 6/7/2010, 9:12 pm

Charlotte listened to Ter, twirling a strand of hair around her fingers as she did. “So, when and where, I guess is the only thing we really need to worry about? Just around one of our places, or out and about somewhere? I guess I’m okay with anything, timewise too,” he said. She cocked her head to the side, considering this. She didn't necessarily want to be out in public with Deramyl alone, in case something happened to them - like him trying to run away or officers noticing that he didn't quite blend in -, so she figured it would be best if Ter was there, if they were to go out on the busy streets of the elite side.

She opened her mouth to respond, though she was interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. She looked over to see Deramyl - who else would it be? - and immediately brought her feet down from where they were on the table. She saw that he had the tray on his hands, and motioned towards the counter. Turning back to her conversation with Ter, she finally spoke. "How about you two come to my place? Then we can decide what we'll do from there - maybe show them around or something?"

» » »

Taking the two knives from Ter, Alusi nodded her thanks. She turned to the toast, slathering both the jelly and the butter onto the bread. For a second she thought it might have been better if she had asked him for something more, but she shrugged it off, sure that she would get more to eat later. Biting into the toast, she savored the warm taste, swallowing and then facing Ter again.

She folded her arms against her chest, trying to make out little bits of the conversation. From what she could hear, Ter had left the option up to Charlotte. Great. She frowned, though she wasn't able to tell if it was jealousy that made her do it or maybe just impatience - then again, what did she have to be impatient about? Either way, she hoped he hadn't noticed.
- come out & play

out of character Oh my goodness. That made me crack up. XD
    -nod- Yupp. And now school's over, thank God. Very Happy
    I know! D:
    ROFL. I would have loved you to death if you did that. xDD
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 6/22/2010, 6:32 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Feeling out-of-place in Charlotte’s house, Deramyl was careful to watch her as he came down with the tray. Though he doubted something as simple as a tray really mattered that much, he still didn’t want to do the wrong thing with it. So when Charlotte pointed to the counter, Deramyl was quick to walk over there and place the tray on it, feeling relieved that he didn’t have to just stand there and wait for her to get off the phone.
-----Now that his arms were empty, Deramyl looked around, trying to become more familiar with this house. He’d seen it last night, of course, but he was barely even familiar with his own room. Everything looked even more impressive by daylight; how could the elites live like thsi when all the outcasts were starving? Why do they even have to be outcasts? Deramyl wondered, not even noticing that his words seemed to express that he wasn’t one himself.
-----When there was nothing else in the room to see - at least on the outside, anyway, and no way was he gonna go digging through the cabinets - Deramyl just stood there awkwardly and let his mind and senses wander. He hadn’t had the chance to notice this before, but there was something about the houses here . . . at least Charlotte’s, to him, felt wrong. Something was missing. Could it be that he actually longed for the rundown places from home? Even if they were drafty and tiny, at least they weren’t so . . . sheltered, sheltered from everything he loved best, which was the earth and the outdoors.
-----Well, it’s not like there’s much I can do about that. Shaking his head, he let out a sigh, and then glanced towards Charlotte. Who was she talking to? Ter?

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - :3 Glad to hear it!
Oh my gosh. XD I know right? This is the first week I’m technically off, even, and gosh it’s good.
Well, I just got annoyed, so Dearmyl's font is now officially trebuchet ms instead of charcoal. XD So even if you weren't seeing it as charcoal, that's that.}
{credit - Me!! >)}

~>Ter Havital<~

sometimes hard
>to find a reason<
good enough

-----It was really a sad thing, but could only be expected, that Ter had all but forgotten about Alusi now that he was speaking to Charlotte. He knew she was there, of course, but there was nothing conscious in him that acknowledged her. He didn’t even notice the frown. Heck, the stove could’ve been on fire, and he probably wouldn’t even realize it right now.
-----Sure,” he eagerly agreed, a smile growing on his face. “Do you want us to head over right now?” Finally he glanced over at Alusi, wondering if she was actually ready to leave ‘right now.’ Didn’t girls take hours to get ready to leave the house or something? And at any rate, she was in the middle of eating. “Or, well, as soon as possible?” he added, deciding that’d be a better option for them.

i’ll stand beside you
>never leave<
through it all
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next