The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Jealousy's Wings *

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 Empty Re: On Jealousy's Wings *

Post by shadowsowner888 3/11/2010, 2:27 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----No, don’t be,” Deramyl murmured, turning to face Alusi - though he carefully kept his eyes on the elites as he spoke. What were they doing, anyway? Spying? “It’s not your fault,” he continued. “I’m the one who didn’t get us out of here sooner.” A heavy sigh escaped his mouth. “We still have a chance, though! We’ll make it out of here somehow. We’re still alive, after all . . .” It really wasn’t much consolation to him, so he doubted it would be to her, but all the same he turned his eyes on her and grinned. “There’s always a chance when we’re alive.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Oh - sure!” Ter could hardly scramble after Charlotte fast enough. Curiosity began buzzing in his mind - what did she need to talk to him about? Surely it was just somethiing to do with the outcasts . . . he couldn’t honestly hope that it’d be something better. He couldn’t help himself, though . . . no matter what it was, he wanted to talk to her about it.
-----As soon as they were out of hearing range from the outcasts - though he could still see them if he looked - Ter turned to Charlotte and said, “So what’s up?” His voice was casual, as if they weren’t about to make some big decision about the outcasts. We probably are, anyway. It’s no big deal,[/i] he tried to convince himself. All the same, little fantasies of he and Charlotte were spiraling in his head, getting more and more far-fetched by the second.

do i
[b]{hide my pride}

from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - I finally replied within a day. :O}
{lyrics - By Myself, by Linkin Park}
{credit - Me!! >)}

Last edited by shadowsowner888 on 3/12/2010, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 1312On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 2412On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3349On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3548On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3327

Female Posts : 24391

http://www.shadowsowner888.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/11/2010, 7:10 pm

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 25exwsi

i invite you to a world where there is no such thing as time
- - - - - - or so they say
every creature lends themselves to change your state of mind
    She shook her head as he spoke, feeling a frown cross her lips. Alusi couldn't help but doubt what he said. The elites were going to turn them into the officials, she just knew it. That was probably what they were talking about right now! "Deramyl, why do you always have to be so positive?" she asked him in a frustrated tone. She clenched her fists, bringing one hand up to feel the blood on her forehead. Ouch.

"After all, it's not like we're going to get out alive anyway," she spat. She didn't mean to act so angry at Deramyl, because she wasn't. She just angry at the world and since her powers certainly wouldn't let her destroy the whole earth, she had to take her agitation out on someone. With a sigh, she instantly felt regretful for snapping at him, but shook it off. For now, she had to focus on staying alive, despite what she just said.

>> >> >>

Charlotte blinked sweetly at him, raising her eyebrows and tilting her head slightly to the side. "Ter," she began, resting one hand on his shoulder and letting a grin play on her lips. "I feel so bad for these outcasts now..." She didn't know if he would believe her, considering she had practically tried to kill them, but she hoped he would anyway. "What if we, I don't know, tried to help them, or something? Let them stay at our place?" she suggested.

the curiosity can kill the soul but leave the pain
- come out & play
& every ounce of innocence is left inside her brain

out of character One point for Shadow! xP
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)
    lyrics Her Name is Alice, by Shinedown
    credit Template by me, pictures by folieadeux and R E V E R S E of Caution 2.0.

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Female Posts : 5955

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/12/2010, 7:14 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----"All right, you don't want positive?" Deramyl said - a little louder than necessary, most likely. He couldn't help it, though. It was a bad enough situation as it was, and he did not need Alusi insisting that they weren't going to get out of this with their lives. "We're gonna die! We'll die slow, cruel deaths, they'll kill the rest of your family, and it's all your fault!" He threw his hands into his air as he shouted this, scowling. "Is that what you want to here? Because I know this sure as heck isn't going to get us anywhere!" He narrowed his eyes at her for a moment before turning and surveying the fence.
-----I wonder how long we could stay alive if we just climbed back over right now. What was stopping them, really? The elites weren't paying attention - or so he hoped - and as much as he hated to admit it, Alusi was right. Either way, they were probably going to die.
-----Well, then, that was settled. He started walking towards the fence, ready to climb his way back over.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Never in his life had Ter been more eager to agree with somebody. "That's a great idea!" he enthused, grinning hugely. So she finally had got rid of the idea of trying to kill them! Suddenly he realized something, though, and the smile slightly faded. "I wonder, though . . . wouldn't the government think it was weird if a pair of people just suddenly showed up with us?" He wasn't so sure he wanted himself to be labeled as a criminal of any sort - or even just to make things worse for the outcasts. Yes, they were traitors at heart, but that didn't mean they deserved things to be worse, at least if it was because of him and Charlotte.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Nuuuu!! Ter, don't give in! :O She'll eat them!}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 1312On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 2412On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3349On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3548On Jealousy's Wings * - Page 2 3327

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/12/2010, 8:11 pm

every creature lens themselves to change your state of mind
    Dangit. How could she be so stupid? She lowered her gaze to the forest floor, biting her lip. She closed her eyes as he spoke, not wanting to look at him as she frowned. What he said was true; this was all her fault. "Der... Deramyl," she began with a sigh. "I- I didn't mean it that way." She really didn't. She wanted to be alive, obviously, and she wanted this to end well, but she didn't think it would. Maybe she should reconsider; Deramyl was right. This was all her fault.

She looked up to see what his reaction would be., but he wasn't there. She turned around to see him walking away towards the fence. No, he couldn't, he would get killed. She didn't want to shout his name for fear of the elites hearing, so she ran towards him, stepping in front of him to block his path. Alusi put her hands on his chest, looking firmly into his eyes. "Deramyl. You can't. Please, don't.."

>> >> >>

Charlotte shook her head, sighing. "We could say they're our cousins," she told him with a shrug. "It's not like the government would really care. They don't pay attention to what the elites do, all they care about is punishing the outcasts..." she paused, trailing off and glancing at the trees around them. "Ter, please," she added in the sweetest voice she could possibly use under these circumstances. "I only want to help them." She offered a small smile, taking her hand of his shoulder and folding her arms.

- come out & play

out of character Aww, she won't eat them. She'll just nom on their feet until they're dead. Just kiddding... hah. xD
    play by Frieda Rose & Dakota Blue (The blonde, Frieda, is Alusi's play by, and the brunette, Dakota, is Charlotte's.)

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/12/2010, 9:10 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----He gave her a sarcastic glare, but allowed himself to be stopped. "So, if we stay here, what happens? Nothing worse. Just admit it, either way, things are going to be rough. This was a huge mistake . . ." Suddenly the anger vanished from his expression, and as he let out a sigh, he muttered, "I shouldn't have let us do this. Never." Never before in his life had he made such a stupid mistake, and if he did live through it by some miracle . . . he wouldn't. Not ever again.
-----Deramyl sighed, and looked down at the ground. Every blade of grass was so perfect . . . but was that all this was over? They were about to get killed for the sake of seeing the beauty of this place?
-----"This sucks."

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter nodded rapidly, his eyes once again gaining their eager expression. "That's true, that's true . . . yes. Let's do it. That's a great idea." He grinned. "Should we go offer, right now? I could let - umm . . . Deramyl stay with me, I suppose, and Alusi could stay with you?"
-----If the elite officials didn't ever notice - which Charlotte was right, and they probably wouldn't - this might actually not be so bad. Maybe they could give the outcasts a healthy dose of civilization within, too. Maybe then he could even bring himself to trust them . . . at least these too. And, if they ever returned to their old homes - not like they'd want to - then perhaps they could spread that to their other fellow outcasts.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - A likely story! I suppose when she's done she'll cut off their heads and set them on fire, then chuck 'em over the fence for the outcasts to find!}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/12/2010, 9:35 pm

Why did they have to be in this situation? She always wondered why she had to be born into this. It wasn't her fault and it wasn't her parents' fault. It wasn't anybody's fault except the government's and the stupid elites that went along with it. Alusi sighed, letting her hands drop to her sides. "We.... we'll make it out alive," she told him, despite what she had said before.

She turned away from him, frowning. She hated this, she hated the government, she hated those two stuck up elites that were practically deciding her fate. She hated all of this. And as much as she hated to admit it, she was afraid of what would happen. "Deramyl," she began softly, staring at the ground. "I'm scared."

>> >> >>

Charlotte nodded, the same grin still playing on her lips. "Yes, definitely. Let's go with that. C'mon, we can tell them now," she told him, almost too happy that he had went along with it. She quickly started towards the two, waving her hand to motion to Ter to follow. She didn't pause when she reached them; she went straight out and said it.

"How would you two like to live with us?"

- come out & play

out of character She'll take that into consideration. ^-^ Hmm... I need to get Alusi to start liking Ter sometime soon, so everything can go according to the plan. nod

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/14/2010, 9:53 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----We . . . we’ll make it out alive,” Alusi told him.
-----Despite himself, Deramyl had to chuckle. “Oh, yeah, coming from you huh? I’m so reassured.” His mirth faded quickly, though, and he just shook his head. When she said she was scared . . . he opened his mouth, trying to come up with something else to say. Anything that would brighten the situation, make them feel a little better . . . but he couldn’t find anything to say. So instead he shut his mouth and took a step back, only acknowleging her words with a single nod. I would question her sanity if she wasn’t, so that’s good, right? Now we know she’s normal. He just shook his head at himself, though - even the silent humor wasn’t working. Yeah. That’s so good to know.
-----That was when Charlotte and Ter returned. Deramyl glared at them, clearly wondering what they’d been talking about - but the expression changed, becoming utterly stunned when Charlotte asked her question.
-----Wh - what?” he stuttered, glancing over at Alusi. What was she thinking? Had he even heard right? “Live with you . . . as in . . . here? In the elite part of the G’thala?!

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter’s ecstatic grin still had yet to retreat. “Exactly what she said. You could stay with me, and Alusi with Charlotte.” His eyes flickered over to Alusi for a moment, wondering how she was reacting, but he quickly returned his attention to Deramyl since he was the one who’d spoken. “It was Charlotte’s idea. What do you think? Do you want to stay?

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Quite. xD}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/14/2010, 10:12 am

She scowled as Deramyl replied, and it stayed on her lips when the elites approached them again. What were they going to do now? Kill them? Turn them into the officials? Something worse?

"How would you two like to live with us?"

Now that was certainly unexpected. Alusi glanced over at Deramyl to see if he was going to speak, but he seemed just as confused as she did. She opened her mouth to say something, though she wasn't sure what she was actually going to say. This could be a trap, right? Or were they simply being nice? The latter was obviously not possible, and the trap... well, that could happen. She simply raised her eyebrows, nodding her head towards Charlott, and saying, "So I would have to live with her?"

>> >> >>

Charlotte ignored the girl's comment, though she was amused by their reactions. Let them believe it's real, she kept telling herself. "You know, Ter and I don't live that far away, so you two would still be able to see each other often," she said; maybe they would agree if they knew that. Still wearing a small smile, she nodded and continued. "We would give you better clothes, good food for once, let you experience a life like this," she added with a shrug.

- come out & play

out of character nod

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/15/2010, 6:21 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----By this point, Deramyl’s eyes had gone wide with a mixture of disbelief and shock. “Can . . . Alusi and I . . . have a moment to talk about this?” he got out, glancing at her for some kind of approval. To dress like the elites, eat like them, live like them . . . he hadn’t realized until now how badly he wanted a life like that.
-----But there were two things wrong with this whole picture. First of all - Charlotte. He hadn’t at all expected that Ter would be able to convince her of something like that - in fact he was surprised that she was even being nice at all. What happened to the snotty elite that they’d met in the first place?
-----The second thing wrong was himself. Assuming this was no joke, no trick, just a geniune offer . . . what would happen to everything Deramyl was fighting for? If he just let himself go live the elite life, it only solved his and Alusi’s problems. There was still a whole half of G’thala in need, being treated without justice. How could he honestly just go and abandon them?
-----Still, though . . . the offer was tempting. If he could at least get a moment alone with Alusi, then he’d have a chance to figure out which choice to make.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Sure!” Ter agreed quickly, in such a bright mood now that he didn’t have any second thoughts about it. Well, almost. “Ah - I mean - that’s okay with you, too, Charlotte, right?” He cast her a hopeful glance. He had a feeling she might have some objection, seeing as a moment ago she’d been wanting to kill Deramyl and Alusi, but he himself didn’t see any problem with it. Just as long as they could still see the outcasts, in case they decided to try anything funny, it’d surely be fine.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/15/2010, 9:02 pm

At first, she wondered if it would be alright to let them talk, but figured it couldn't do any harm. As long as they agreed to stay with them, then she could go through with her plan, Charlotte thought. She considered this for a moment, and then nodded her head, glancing at Ter and the outcasts and saying, "Yeah, go ahead." She put on her best smile, raising her eyebrows. She turned to her fellow elite as the two outcasts went to go talk. "Thanks for agreeing, Ter," she told him gratefully, shrugging. "You're the best."

[size=7]>> >> >>

That was when the shock finally hit her; wouldn't it be wonderful to live as an elite, at least for a little while? So what if she was going to live with Charlotte? It would be amazing. When the elites said they could have a moment alone to talk, she immediately grabbed Deramyl's arm and pulled him off to the side. "We absolutely have to do this," she began, excitement filling her voice. So she was caught in the fantasies of living as an elite - but she couldn't imagine how great it would be. "I think we should say yes."

- come out & play

out of character Alright. Joke time. Knock knock. xD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/16/2010, 7:00 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Stunned by how easy Alusi’s decision was, Deramyl’s eyes widened. “Really?” he asked. Utterly, he was uncertain whether to be glad about her choice, since he still had his qualms. He just couldn’t abandon the rest of the outcasts . . . could he?
-----But . . . I don’t know, myself. What happens to all the other outcasts?” He spread an arm towards the fence. “I don’t feel right about just . . . doing this . . . giving up. Though-” he laughed sheepishly “-I really do want to say yes.” Deramyl shook his head, smiling.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter’s smile in response was bright as the sun. “You’re welcome. It was a really great idea!” He glanced at the outcasts one last time to make sure they weren’t going anywhere before turning all his attention on Charlotte. God, she was gorgeous. “Do you think they liked it?” He thought Alusi looked bright enough about it, at least, and hopefully she could convince Deramyl.
-----Wow - hopefully? He wasn’t already starting to put his trust in them, was he? That could be a very dangerous thing, if they didn’t deserve it . . . and, unfortunately, he had no clue yet.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Who dah? :O}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/16/2010, 7:27 pm

She sighed, shaking her head. He was right; what about all the other outcasts? She hadn't even considered that. Either way, she wasn't going to say no just yet. Maybe she could convince Deramyl. "We would still help them," she began with a nod. "Just think of this as an advantage. We would get to know how the elites live and what there weaknesses are - if they have them, of course." She shrugged, looking up at him. She had to convince him, she just had to. This was their only chance - she knew they had to take it.

Alusi decided she wouldn't just stand by any longer. With another shake of her head, she turned away from him, racing back towards the two elites. "We've decided," she told them, folding her arms over her chest. "And yes, we do want to stay." She knew Deramyl would be mad at her for doing this- furious, even. Heck, he might hate her. But surely he wouldn't start a fight in front of the elites?

>> >> >>

Charlotte nodded her head. "I'm sure they liked it!" she exclaimed. It was all she could get out before the female outcast came back to them. She stared down at her, raising her eyebrows as Alusi told them they wanted to stay. She had expected that answer, but was still excited about being able to go through with her plan. This would work out perfectly.

That is, until the outcast spoke again.

"But only if I don't have to stay with her," Alusi added, looking straight at Charlotte with a scowl.

- come out & play

out of character Cargo. ^-^

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/16/2010, 9:23 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl's jaw dropped with the unexpected suddenness of it all. Well, glad to know she's decided, he thought, grimacing slightly.
-----"Ah - yeah!" he agreed quickly, the moment Alusi spoke their agreement. If Alusi was going through with this, he wasn't going to let her do it alone - though he still had his doubts, she was his friend, and there was no way he'd leave her alone with the elites. Let's just hope I can enjoy this.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter nearly burst out laughing upon hearing Alusi's refusal to stay with Charlotte. It wasn't like he thought she was being ridiculous or anything . . . he wasn't honestly sure why he wanted to laugh, but he did.
-----"Well . . ." he spoke, shooting Charlotte an inquisitive glance. "Ah . . . if you wanted to stay with me, I guess that would be okay, and-" Suddenly he cut himself off, realizing just what he'd be agreeing to if that happened. If Deramyl stayed with Charlotte instead . . . well, seeing that Deramyl was a guy . . . No. No freaking way! Uh-uh!
-----It took all his concentration to remain composure. "Well, erm, what do you think about that, Char?" he got out, just barely sounding indifferent to the idea.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Cargowho? *gasp*}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/16/2010, 9:38 pm

She better say yes. Oh, God, she better say yes, Alusi thought to herself, staring at the girl and willing her to agree. She didn't want to spend however long they might be here with Charlotte, and though she didn't want to put Deramyl through that, she figured he would probably be better off with her than she would.

>> >> >>

Charlotte shrugged, glancing at Ter. "That'd be fine," she responded honestly with a nod of her head. If he had a problem with that, she would deal with it later. But then she added, "It's not like I would want to stay with her anymore than she wants to stay with me." It was the truth, and she was sure Alusi wouldn't mind her saying it.

She turned her head to look at the sky, surprised it had already grown so dark. She almost felt a bit uneasy about being out here so late. Even though the elite forests were well guarded- hopefully, she had to feel a bit scared, because no one ever knew what could be lurking in the shadows. "It's getting late... we shouldn't be out here," she said quietly.

- come out & play

out of character CARGO BEEP BEEP. =D

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/17/2010, 4:57 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Well, this was certainly going to be awkward . . . Deramyl realized he was happier with this turn of events, though. Charlotte was the one he trusted least, after all . . . so he’d be the one in more danger. And, he definitely felt he would be able to handle this danger better than Alusi would - how typical.
-----It’s getting late. We shouldn’t be out here,” Charlotte then spoke. Deramyl looked at her, tilting his head slightly, then up at the sky . . . he’d almost forgotten it was the middle of the night.
-----You’re right,” he agreed, his voice quiet and a bit begrudging. “Ah . . . on to your place?” His chocolate brown eyes returned to her.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter nodded his own agreement, glancing around as if someone was watching them. While he wasn’t exactly scared, he was suddenly remembering he might need to be a bit cautious. He lit a decent-sized flame in the palm of his hand, raising it slightly to cast a bit of light on their surroundings. “Maybe we should each hit each others’ places before we all turn in? Because these two might need to borrow some clothes at first.” Ter looked at Alusi and Deramyl. They looked a lot more interesting by firelight, so his eyes remained there a while before he glanced back at Alusi.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - OMGNOWAY! :O}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/17/2010, 6:02 pm

Alusi felt the mood shift slightly as the transition was made, but shrugged it off. Hopefully Deramyl would be able to deal with Charlotte, and soon enough she might be able to get along with Ter. She She decided not to say anything, though, and assumed that staying quiet was probably better than getting them both into even more trouble than they already were. With a sigh, though, she opened her mouth to speak, against her better judgement. "We can trust you two... right?" she questioned them, a frightened tone wrapping her words. It probably should have been the other way around; after all, outcasts were never to be trusted. Either way, she felt the need to ask.

>> >> >>

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," Charlotte responded with a nod. She glanced at Alusi, frowning, and then turned back to Ter as the flame was lit. "Our houses aren't that far from here, and they're pretty close - I guess I'll take Alusi, then, to get her some clothes?" She glanced at the girl, a disapproving expression crossing her face. Her gaze traveled up to the sky once more, and then she spoke again, saying, "We should be heading to my house." She didn't even wait for a response; she began walking in direction that led towards their houses, expecting Alusi to follow.

- come out & play

out of character =0 Isn't it epic?

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/20/2010, 10:16 am

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl glanced at Alusi as she asked her question, really hoping that at least one of the elites here were planning on giving them a reply. Charlotte was already heading off to the houses, probably too stuck-up to bother with “stupid questions” like that . . . he shook his head slightly as he began to follow her. That’s one girl with a lot of problems. I can’t believe I had to be stuck with her . . .
-----He suddenly found that the light was fading away behind them, though, the farther away they headed from their old spot. Deramyl stopped, looking back, and found Ter standing there still.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Turning to face Alusi, Ter offered her a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about Charlotte. You can trust us,” he promised. After inspecting Alusi’s face for a moment longer, Ter turned away again to nudge his head in Deramyl and Charlotte’s direction. “You coming or what?” The light on his hand glowed a little brighter, a little warmer, to help make their surroundings that much less threatening.
-----As odd as it was - considering that Alusi was one of those outcast scoundrels - Ter actually felt bad for her. He could picture what it was like for her - just wanting to explore, if that was the truth, and coming into an unfamiliar place into the dead of night only to be confronted by two powerful people. And now she was abandoning her home and going into another unfamiliar place to live with the people who’d almost killed her.
-----Yeah, that would pretty much be a freaky experience, even if he liked the opportunity.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Yush. :O I tried to tell it to my mom, but apparently she already knew it, so she ruined it by blurting out the ending. >.<}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/20/2010, 11:12 am

"Glad you decided to follow," Charlotte said to Deramyl, turning to him with a smirk. She glanced over her shoulder, realizing that the other two probably weren't going to catch up with them any time soon. Turning back, she folded her arms across her chest and then spoke to him. "Tell me about your life as an... outcast," she said, pausing before she said outcast. She remembered how Alusi had said they didn't like that word, and for a moment, decided against using it. However, it could be fun to make Deramyl mad, she thought, the smirk still on her lips.

>> >> >>

"I hope so," Alusi muttered under her breath, though she hoped Ter didn't here. She really didn't need to be rude to him. After all, even though he was friends with Charlotte, who was too stuck up for her to like, all he had tried to do was resolve the issue and make sure they didn't kill each other. It had worked; they were alive now, and they were even staying at an elite's house, on the elite side. That was more than she had ever expected. She couldn't put all her trust in Ter yet, but it was definitely getting easier by the second.

Her gaze traveled from the ground to the forest around them as Ter spoke. "You coming or what?" he asked her. She nodded slowly, still unsure about this whole thing, but ended up saying quietly, "Yeah." She took a few steps to catch up with him, lowering her gaze to the ground once more. She watched the shadows from Ter's flame dance on the forest floor and used that to distract her from her fear. She wanted to be brave about this whole thing, but as much as she hated to admit it, she was scared.

- come out & play

out of character xD Aw! Tell her this one: Kay, this french fry walks into a restaurant, and the waiter is like, "Sorry, we don't serve food." -cracks up- I'm pathetic.

Last edited by Ave on 3/20/2010, 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/20/2010, 12:14 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Too bad for her, Deramyl really didn't mind the term. Unlike Charlotte, he embraced it, as a way of one-upping the government. The less they affected him, the less they were doing a good job of whatever they tried to do.
-----"Well, I live alone," he said, absently looking up at the dark treetops. It felt less awkward than actually looking at Charlotte. "My parents . . . I haven't seen them in a long time. I doubt they even know I'm alive anymore. They never approved of - what I do, so when I left, we kind of dropped out of contact for each others' sakes." Of course, he wasn't going to tell Charlotte that "what he did" was find new ways to test the government, all leading up to his eventual quest of taking them down.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter continued watching Alusi as they headed towards Deramyl and Alusi. Noticing that she still looked rather nervous, he searched his mind, trying to find some way to make her even just a bit more at ease.
-----"Um - so - what's . . . your family like?"

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - I did. Very Happy She just chuckled. xD}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/20/2010, 12:47 pm

For a moment, Charlotte couldn't help feeling bad for the outcast. He seemed perfectly fine with being out of contact with his parents, and she couldn't understand. Maybe it was different for them, but she knew wouldn't be able to live like that. Even though she lived alone, she was still in touch with her family and her two sisters. She shook her head, quickly pushing away the thought of feeling bad for a person like him.

One thing he said, though, caught her attention. "They never approved of - what I do..." That certainly got her interested. "What is it that you do, that they didn't like?" she asked him, this time not even in a joking way. She was actually curious. She assumed it was some kind of job that they didn't approve of, but couldn't help but think it might be something more.

>> >> >>

Alusi frowned. "Normal, I suppose," she responded with a shrug, glancing up at him. She didn't want to give too much information to the elite, but figured it couldn't hurt to share what she was about to say. "My brother and father were killed by elite officials, so I live with my mom." She didn't say that like she was asking for pity. Actually, she said it in a slightly angry tone. Maybe Ter would realize how horrible some of the elites were, if not most of them.

- come out & play

out of character Yay. :3 Well, I'm all out of jokes. XD

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/21/2010, 5:11 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----He glanced at her for only a moment, then quickly looked up again. Great. What do I tell her now? It would be really idiotic of him to try explaining what he really did do . . . but wouldn’t it be a good start, too, if he could be honest with these elites?
-----[Finally he just shook his head and mumbled, “A lot of things.She’s the last person I’d want to tell, anyway.Things they thought were going to have a negative impact on them. Either they hated me for doing it, or they were scared of even knowing me. They valued their lives more than anything else.
-----That was dangerously close to giving away that he’d always gone around opposing the elites, but at least he wasn’t admitting to it outright. Hopefully now Charlotte could just let the subject go.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----A stunned, sad look crossed Ter’s face. “I - I’m sorry.” While he wasn’t even considering that her parents might not have deserved such a fate, he still felt bad. Would he like to lose his family? Certainly not. “If you don’t mind me asking . . . what did they do, that they . . . got . . . killed?
-----It must have been something horrible, such as trying to kill the officials themselves. Maybe they’d been burning property, even, or . . . trespassing? Was that what they usually did to trespassers?

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Okay, I’ve got one. Very Happy No remembering where I got it, so you may have heard it before . . . but, what did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/21/2010, 5:56 pm

"Interesting," Charlotte commented in reply, knowing she didn't really care about his relationship with his parents or whatever. What mattered now was getting him to trust her, and she hoped she was doing a good job of it so far. She let out a sigh of relief as they reached the edge of the forest. Her house was right across the street from here, though they had to cross a busy road before they could get to it. "See these? They're cars," she said in almost a mocking way, pointing them out. "Now, just act like you fit in," she added, marching towards the sidewalk.

>> >> >>

Alusi stopped suddenly, turning to face him. It wasn't his fault that she was getting angry; it was merely the topic they were discussing. "Ter, they didn't do anything wrong except exist. They were outcasts. That was enough to make people want to kill them," she hissed with disgust, shaking her head. She didn't want to take all of this out on him - he hadn't done anything wrong to them so far. Maybe Charlotte had, but for now, Deramyl was the one that had to deal with her. She still felt bad for him, though.

A frown crossed Alusi's lips as she spoke her next words. "You elites... you don't even know what it's like. You live such a happy life on this side, thinking so highly of yourself, letting the government convince you that we're the criminals," she said quietly, staring at the ground now. She gave her head another shake, shifting her gaze to where Charlotte and Deramyl were. Hopefully, he was having a better time, but that seemed almost impossible.

- come out & play

out of character I don't know, what? Very Happy

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/22/2010, 6:21 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Rolling his eyes, Deramyl sarcastically grumbled, "I know what a car is." What does she think I am, an idiot? . . . Oh, wait, yeah. Probably. He slightly clenched his fists and followed her to the sidewalk with a dark expression.
-----"Pray tell, how exactly should I fit in?" he asked Charlotte, still sarcastic. "By putting on airs like I'm the king of the world and treating everyone else like children?" It might not have been the best idea to insult the person who he'd be staying with, but he didn't care right now. There was no way he was going to let her get away with insulting him.

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Now Ter could only stare at Alusi, his face nothing but stunned. In his mind was swirling two different opinions - one, that she didn't understand . . . or two, that she was right.
-----The worst part was, he wanted to believe her. It went against everything he'd been taught as a kid, that the outcasts were traitorous beings . . . but she didn't even look like she was hiding the truth, and she certainly seemed to know what she was saying.
-----"I hadn't considered that," Ter said quietly. Though one would've had a hard time telling, when he admitted that, the fire he was holding grew just a tiny bit dimmer. At that moment, he believed her more than he had ever believed anyone . . . he'd never be able to look at the soldiers in the same way again.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - Make me one with everything. smug}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avé 3/22/2010, 8:49 pm

So now he was insulting her? Well, she definitely wasn't going to tolerate that. She stopped at the edge of the sidewalk and turned to him, saying with a smirk on her lips, "Yes, exactly; that's what we're here for." She immediately shifted her gaze away from him, looking back at the road, and then murmured, "You know, Deramyl, if you keep up with these comments about elites... I'll be sure to let Ter know, and he'll take care of it." She almost felt bad about using Ter like that, but sometimes, desperate times called for desperate measures.

She glanced up at the sign and saw that it was green, which told them they could go. She didn't hesitate to head across the street, only stopping once to look over her shoulder and say to Deramyl, "Hey, you coming?"

>> >> >>

So maybe she shouldn't have gotten so mad at him. Maybe it would have been better if she had kept her mouth shut like she had always been taught to do. But for some reason, right now it seemed better to speak the truth. She was afraid she had offended him in some way, though, and closed her eyes, slowly beginning to walk away.

"Ter, I'm sorry..." she said quietly, opening her eyes and staring off into the distance. The frown was still on her face as she spoke her next words. "You were right; we're just good for nothing, dirty, rotten scoundrels *," she said to him, knowing it wasn't true but figuring it wouldn't hurt to say it anyway. Ter probably already knew that; after all, that's what he had been taught his whole life, right?

- come out & play

out of character Haha! xD I think I've heard that one before, but it's funny. Very Happy
    * I LOVE THAT MUSICAL.

Avé
Avé
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsowner888 3/23/2010, 6:11 pm

~{Deramyl Kungis}~

what do i do to
{ignore them}
behind me

do i

{follow my instincts}
blindly

-----Deramyl was in the process of facepalming. See? You should’ve listened to yourself, but no, you just had to insult her . . . All his thought did was make him even more annoyed, though. So it was perfectly okay for her to insult him, but he couldn’t even try to one-up her? Such a b-
-----”Hey, you coming?” she suddenly called, breaking into Deramyl’s line of thought. He looked up, startled, to find her halfway across the road - and she definitely wasn’t going to wait. Muttering something under his breath, he sprinted after her, doing his best not to look at any of the cars. The things the drivers were probably thinking of him now . . .

~{Ter Havital}~

-----Ter shot a glance ahead, just to see where Charlotte and Deramyl were . . . they were pretty far ahead; he could barely see them through the trees now.
-----Looking towards Alusi, he chuckled, but only looked a bit less solemn as he came to stand beside her. “No, Alusi . . . I believe you. Don’t ask me why, because I probably shouldn’t, but . . . I do.” Ter offered her a smile. “Maybe you’re right, and we’re all a bunch of vistas . . . but I don’t think all us elites are that bad. Just the ones you’re used to dealing with, maybe. Like the soldiers.” If anyone had heard him, they would’ve been utterly astonished at the way he was talking of them. Heck, he even was himself.

do i
{hide my pride}
from these bad dreams

and give in to

{sad thoughts}
that are maddening

{ooc - There’s a musical called Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? o.0}
{credit - Me!! >)}
shadowsowner888
shadowsowner888
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next