The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Writers Guild
Twig has now moved to this address.
The Writers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness

+2
IRuleTheWorld
Jesus4Eternity
6 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 Empty Re: The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 10:05 pm

In the spur of the moment, I growled at Amanda, unintentionally. I was shocked and immediately fixed a shock expression across my face. Teva sideswipped me, whilst I was distracted, but I didn't fall down. This shapeshifter was getting angery, verrrry angery, and right now she was just playing with me. Panicking, I was afraid for Amanda's life. I struggled to find my voice. Somehow I found it, "Amanda go inside. Go inside right now!" I said with as much authority as I could muster, "I don't think shapeshifters as dirt, and I can't help what others do. IF you DON'T stop, where going to be breaking laws. It doesn't matter what species we are, breaking the law is break the law." I yelled at her. Teva temporarily stopped fighting, I finally got a chance to stand up.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Female Posts : 396

Back to top Go down

The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 Empty Re: The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 10:08 pm

I flinched back, still holding his hand but letting go quickly. "No! You're being attacked by a lepoard and you expect me to leave you here! Come on!" I grabbed his hand again.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 Siggy
The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 SiggyThe Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 Siggy
The Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 SiggyThe Night World; Book One: Finding Love In The Darkness - Page 4 Siggy
Female Posts : 16258

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 10:14 pm

I smirked, "Oh shee's that girl. I might not destroy her right now." I murmured quietly.

I looked at Amanda, my expression filled with fear, "She's a clouded leopard, and lives in your backyard." I bolted a few feet away from Amanda, "Teva. C'mon I really don't want to fight. Please just shift back, so we can have a civilized conversation." I was hopeful that maybe she would stop fighting. What am I going to do about Amanda? I'm breaking laws here, for friendship? I thought, and if I would have said it verbally, I would be screaming at myself.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 10:16 pm

"That's great, Benjamin. Now let's go, before one of us honestly gets hurt!" I was crying now, honestly worried. "Please!"
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 10:27 pm

Amanda was now, officially annoying me. Even shifted I could see the arrogant expression that danced smoothly across my opponents face, "Amanda if you ever want to see tomarrow, GO INSIDE. That means without me. I can handle myself, you however are the weakest physically in this situtation. Go." I spoke simply, before charging forward. Teva dodged every blow I tried to land on her. I was not going to be out preformed, and I avoided each attack effortessly. The tension was thick enough to slice with a knief, and Teva's claws were the equivalent of the utensail. Amanda was crying now, she must have been crying before I recently told her to go inside. Hmm...I'm rather unobservant right now. My attention was now fully at the battle at hand, and Teva and I were at a standout. Neither of us moved, her heart was racing, not in anxiety, in excitment.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 10:29 pm

"You honestly think that just because I'm a girl I'm weaker than you?! Gyah!" I let go of his arm, since, when the lepoard had attacked him, it had scratched me. Blood was dripping down my arm in thick red lines, and it burned like nothing else. "Ouch!"
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 10:38 pm

I shifted out, we weren't like some ShapeShifters, Our clothes molded with our bodies, "You haven't told your friend, what you really are." I laughed, "Figures. Your just going to use her for your next meal. Her body, bloodless will be tossed aside. Maybe vermin will hate vampires as much as we ShapeShifter do." I smiled, actually sincerly, "I'm sorry, he, no it put you through all of this. I can only imagine what emotional distress you fragile human mind is going through. Oh and BTW, I am a clouded leopard." I looked away and mumbled, "Sorry for hurting you." I said dripping with sincerity. I really didn't mean to hurt her, it's a pride thing.

[You should make another charrie.]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 10:43 pm

"Whatever." I turned to Benjamin. "I thought you trusted me! How... how..." And that's about when my eyes closed, my vision went black, and I fell.

[Probably should. But not yet. xD]
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 10:50 pm

[Okay. Just for the future..It'd be akward...the three of them]

I bolted forward to catch Amanda's limp falling body. I snagged her before she hit the ground, and set a full on glare at Teva, "Look what you've done. ShapeShifters like you are the reason why they're treated so badly, you can't do anything right can you?" I snarled angerily. Kneeling down, I set Amanda's body down gently, and turned to address the Teva situtation, "Listen I'm CDB. I believe in equality, and I'm not like the Redfern's. I have values, and aren't like that." If looks can kill, the glare I was giving Teva, would have melted her to the ground on which she stands.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 10:59 pm

Amanda was lying on the floor, blood dripping from her arm. Her eyes slowly fluttered open.
"Ouch..." I muttered, trying to sit up. "Benjamin? Are we still in school? Or did you really just fight a lepoard?" I asked hazily, getting to my feet and leaning heavily on him, feeling really off and woozy.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/26/2010, 11:07 pm

I watched as Teva smiled at Amanda and gave her a chipper hello, as if nothing had happend, I decided to inform Amanda that everything that happend actually did happen, "Yes I did fight a leopard." I saw Teva's stern face, "A clouded leopard." I added hastily, "Oh and I forgot to tell you...I'm a mrkdksk." The vampire part was intelligable, even for me, "Yep. That's exactly right!"
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 2/26/2010, 11:14 pm

"Wait... what?" I was very confused. My head hurt, my arm was dripping with blood, and all around I was not having a good day. It all kinda went downhill from the lepoard attacking my best friend. "Benjamin, can we please go inside? I feel... off."
I was swaying on my feet, my head was spinning, and Benjamin was pretty much the only thing keeping me upright. I was leaning heavily on him, my eyes fluttering open and shut, open and shut. The loss of blodd was making me woozy, and I needed to lie down and rest.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by liz1289 2/27/2010, 3:08 pm

Name: Lauren (Lori)
Looks: Short brown hair, she wears it in almost any style. Just depends on how she feels she wants to wear it. She short, yet skinny.
Personality: Kind sweet, funny. Can be stubborn.
Species: VAMPIRE (yay!)
Soulmate?: Not yet.
Anything Else?: Don't think so.
liz1289
liz1289
Novel Creator
Novel Creator

Female Posts : 2044

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/27/2010, 8:04 pm

Jesus4Eternity wrote:"Wait... what?" I was very confused. My head hurt, my arm was dripping with blood, and all around I was not having a good day. It all kinda went downhill from the lepoard attacking my best friend. "Benjamin, can we please go inside? I feel... off."
I was swaying on my feet, my head was spinning, and Benjamin was pretty much the only thing keeping me upright. I was leaning heavily on him, my eyes fluttering open and shut, open and shut. The loss of blood was making me woozy, and I needed to lie down and rest.

"Sure." Teva grinned, but I glared at here, "Yes Amanda us, two can go inside." I hinted, Teva looked hurt and I was dumbfounded. We just stopped fighting, was she insane? Maybe she was just a little misguided, but now was not the time to make nice with this girl. "Let's go." I let her lean on me so she wouldn't fall. I'm nice like that. Waves of guilt flooded over me, 'cause Amanda's arm was bleeding, and I was the reason why she got hurt. I am such a horrible person, my face twisted into disgust of myself. "It's okay Amanda, everything is going to be all right.." I was mainly saying that to convince myself, but it also wouldn't hurt her to tell that to reassure her. (This is what I added on from here down) "Oh and Amanda. I.."I paused thinking about how to phrase this simple sentence that well destroy her life forever, "I'm a vampire...Just like the ones in your imagination, but there's more than vampires, there's other creatures too. We all live in peace. Mostly." I added that last part quietly. Werewolves, Witches, Shapeshifters, and more, ha. I laughed sarcastically to myself, I can't believe i'm telling her this. I'm breaking the single most imprtant rule in Night World Laws, by simply telling a human, I am definately glad I'm not the first. Everything is going to be down hill from now on, I'm sorry Amanda, I really, really am sorry for bringing you into this. "Please forgive me Amanda, I should have been wiser, then none of this would have had to happen, you could have been a docter, or something important, but now I am ensuring your fate." I whispered, and began staring blankly down at the ground, all hope I had flooded out of me. I ruined her life, and she should never ever forgive me, but I have the slight feeling that she will. Wishing for a lot. Yep, thats me, I wished she wouldn't forgive me, and that her life could go on after this. I can dream, though. No matter how much I wish and dream, I know the truth. It won't.

I realized my mistake, attacking a CDB was one of the worst mistakes I made. I wass offered to join by Keller, but I refused insisting how important ShaperShifters were to the world. Keller agreed with me, and we both soon parted wasy. I understand now how naive I was. After hearing what the vampire said quietly I spoke up, "That's not nessicarly true." I added, "She just has to act dumb and out of the loop." I shook my head, "It's not that hard, especially for her...I blame myself for all of these problems." I kept the same tone of voice as Benjamin. Looking over I saw him shake his head grimly, "But it is my fault, you wouldn't have had to tell her-" Guilt. That's the only emotion I felt, "-if I wouldn't have attacked you." Tears streamed down my cheeks, I hadn't felt this bad in awhile, and lettme tell you, it doesn't feel good. I wrapped one of my hands into the other, I was fidgety. I am never going to be still. No, not after this. All my life, I wanted betterment for my kind, but we need balance. Pure homeostasis. Now, I have done the opposite. Instead of doing the right thing, I did the wrong thing, destroying years of progress, and sending us backwards. I'll be known to the world as Teva the Traitor, never gaining a better rep, no matter how hard I worked, "I ruined everything, no wonder why ShapeShifters continue to be treated like pets, no wonder why I can't do anything. Everything I touch falls to pieces." I then turned my attention specifically to Benjamin, "Tell Keller i'm sorry, and I should have joined CDB when I was offered to."

[646 words, not including the parenthesis.)

Last edited by IRuleTheWorld on 3/1/2010, 8:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 2/27/2010, 8:35 pm

Samantha9415 wrote:Name: Lauren (Lori)
Looks: Short brown hair, she wears it in almost any style. Just depends on how she feels she wants to wear it. She short, yet skinny.
Personality: Kind sweet, funny. Can be stubborn.
Species: VAMPIRE (yay!)
Soulmate?: Not yet.
Anything Else?: Don't think so.

[Yes! another person!]
[Sorry, I can't accept you, Amanda should be on soon and review the form Smile ]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 3:29 pm

[I shall addz you after my hopefully-elite reply. xD]

"It's my house...." I said dreamily, my eyes still fluttering against my will. "...And I know it'll be okay..." I said, thinking that I was kinda acting like Max on Valium, from Maximum Ride three. "...because you're here, and you make everything better..." It seemed crucial that he understood this, now, here, forever. "...Nothing can go wrong when you're around, Benjamin..." My eyes were about to shut when he said that one simple sentence. "I'm a vampire." My mouth literally dropped into a perfect 'O'. "Just like the ones in your imagination, but there's more than vampires, there's other creatures too. We all live in peace. Mostly." I was almost passed out, and everything felt like a dream, and not reality. "But... vampires... aren't real..." I said, still in la la land. "Please forgive me Amanda, I should have been wiser, then none of this would have had to happen, you could have been a docter, or something important, but now I am ensuring your fate." His voice was quieter now. "But I am something important." I said, equally quiet. "I'm your best friend. That's important." I whispered. "It's important to me."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/2/2010, 4:10 pm

I was now smiling faintly due to Amanda's foolishness, seriously, if I was a ShapeShifter, why can't Benjamin be a vampire, "O contraire. He is what you call, a vampire." I was now grinning at the way I phrased that sentence, "Or as everyone else calls them, bloodsucking leaches." I chirped happily. I had an innocent look spread across my face, "What..?" I asked innocently, "I was just stating the truth." Benjamin's lack of emotionless face before stating the obvious was now contorted in a glare. Serves him right... "Anyways, we should probably take care of the cut on Amaderz." I used a petname that I came up with on the spot. A low growl escaped, Benjamin, I smirked at him taunting him for a fight, "Oh yeah, and FYI. I am a ShapeShifter. We are the best." I nodded knowingly. Even in the worst of the worst, I prove that we are the best. End of Story. Period. No questions asked.

I rolled my eyes at Teva and looked back over at Amanda pleadingly, "See. She causes nothing but problems." I was completely trying to disreguard her last spoken words, me being her best friend on;y benefits two people. Me and Her. Being a docter, she would saves lives, have a happy life, and possibly be famous. Amanda could end world hunger for all I know, she has that sort of fearlessness in her, "I know it's your house, but you aren't in the best conditions to make life-altering decisions." I figured I wasn't going to win this battle, but I could try, "You wouldn't want anything to happen to any one of us would you?" I knew I said the wrong thing. Playing that card, threatning our lives, putting her into that situtation, that was horrible. Bad Benjamin.. I scolded myself repeatedly, I hoped she wasn't going to freak out over that remark. Hopefully....

[I just realized something, you powerplayed.]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 4:23 pm

[Nope, I just copyed exactly what Benji said and did, 'cuz it's easier for me to reply that way.]

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much, Benjamin." Anger flared in my eyes and I turned out of his grip, my hair hitting him smack in the face. "I was perfectly fine before you showed up, so I think I'd be perfectly fine now. I don't care if you're a vampire," My voice lowered, "But I do care if you're going to try and baby me just because I'm human."
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/2/2010, 4:34 pm

[No, earlier, I never said Teva scratched Amanda, but oh well. Smile ]

I saw Teva giggling wildly out of the corner of my eye, "Stop." I commanded at her, she winced at the harshness of my tone, "Okay Amanda, then you should realize something. We are all endanger. You, me, and Miss Priss over there." Teva snorted but nodded along with what I was saying, "The people, the 'mythological creatures'. Yeah? You know them? We have a society." I laughed sarcastically, "They're going to come here, and guess what." My eyes light up with a certain false brightness when I said guess what. "They. Are. Going. To. Kill. Us." I said giving a unusually large break in between each word in the sentence. "It's all of them against us. The Redferns, we have pleasure our deaths, CDB won't get involved in less there is soulmates here. But, there's not." I snorted, "Go ahead. Try to stand up to them. See how much pity they have for humans. The society calls humans vermin. I didn't believe in that, not 'till now." I added with more anger in my voice then I intended.
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 4:37 pm

[No, when she lunged for Benji, I, like jumped in front of him, remember?]

"They can try and kill me all they like. I'm going down fighting. But this has nothing to do with that. What I'm saying is- I don't care what the rest of you are like. I know you, and I know your personality. No babying me because I'm human. Get it?" I raised my eyebrows.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/2/2010, 4:46 pm

Teva scoffed behind me, "She definately isn't the brightest bulb in the whoile entire lightbulb store." I snapped at Teva next, "She's smart, and she's foolish. Teva, she is a human, we're dying for a human." Teva looked down at her wrist, and whislted like she was looking at watch, I grabbed her wrist, "Your going to die too, you started the fight." Teva paled. "Amanda." I added quietly, "It'll be like a half-second fight. You won't know what hit you. About the babying thing, why do adults protect their children? Tell me why."
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 4:55 pm

I had a feeling they were talking more about street smarts than academics, so I kept my mouth shut, for once. "Because they care?" I answered quietly, feeling woozy again and slipping back into his grip. "Because they love them?" And that's when my face turned bright red.
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/2/2010, 5:13 pm

My my went ajar, "I was shooting for that they aren't as strong, kinda weak." I can't believe she would assume something like that. Oh...Noo..I don't like her like that, we are just friends, just friends..Aren't we?

I bursted out laughing my face turned tomato red, for the exact opposite reason of Amanda's, "Oh...Oh. My. Gosh." I tried breathing, nope. It didn't work, it didn't work at all. A fit of laughter escaped my lips once more. Once it ceased, I exhaled loudly, "Okay, I'm okay." A strange thought came upon me, "What if you and her. Soulmates! Ba ha ha!" I shook my head grinning, that was ridiculous.

[Are you + him soulmates?]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesus4Eternity 3/2/2010, 5:18 pm

[If you wanna pull a James-Poppy and NEVER tell him. xD]

"You're calling me weak?!" I snarled, but it sounded off since I coughed halfway through it. "Okay, I'm human. So what? You think that means I can't fight? Or are you jsut convinced that boys are stronger than girls?"
Jesus4Eternity
Jesus4Eternity
Best-Selling Author
Best-Selling Author

Back to top Go down

Post by IRuleTheWorld 3/2/2010, 5:27 pm

I looked at Amanda, "No. If that was the case, I would be dead. Already." I added already in a soft whisper, "I can kill you on the spot, I wouldn't feel the guilt. I'd be praised for doing so, most likely. Vermin are an inferior race to us. To Night World." She laughed sadistically, "You are even beneath ShapeShifters in rank. Imagine going into battle without only two legs and no arms, Or going into battle with just a spear. You need both knowlege and brute force to survive a fight. Humans lack the force." I said in a serious-natured tone, "If you think you stand a chance, you will be killed quickly and effortlessly. That's they way the world goes. No ifs ands or buts." Foolish human.. I shook my head whilst the inner comment was spoken.

[Soo yes or no?]
IRuleTheWorld
IRuleTheWorld
Short Story Writer
Short Story Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next